• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WTF?!!! Religious bogus!

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Religion, in my view, is a man-made thing which detracts all the value from the faith it claims to encompass. I cannot stand religion which to me is a set of rules and regulations set down by people, as opposed to a deity of sorts, who want everyone to do things their way because anything beyond that is frightening to them and makes them feel as though they are losing control.

If a game came out which was overtly racist or promoted sexual or domestic violence as a glorious thing then I would stick my nose in and object because those things are not only reprehensible but also against my belief system. But if it's something like RE, DMC, Halo, Gears etc then it's nothing whatsoever to do with religion or the degeneration of society; too many people complain about a game that they haven't even seen, let alone played all the way through, so they jump on the moral bandwagon when there isn't even one to jump on. Parents, religious groups, politicians - everyone gets their nose put out of joint by a three second shot of a decapitation or a hooker propositioning you in GTA when those things are not what make the game in its entirety and therefore are not a genuine representation of a cross section; just the bits that cause the most uproar.

I'm a very strong Christian and I game ALL the time (largely because I'm too damn lazy to do anything else :lol:) and there hasn't been one occasion when I've gone all holier than thou about a game. If I personally do not think it suitable for me I simply won't play it. End of. I see no need to go mental unless I catch my 6 year old sawing the heads of Locust and then I'll raise some objections - but not with the industry or society, but with myself for letting her even get her hands on our copy :lol:

Sparda™

^ Couldn't be said better. Living in the rules of society is hard enough, let alone living in the rules of religion.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Angel;93240 said:
All joking aside I think people have every right to say they don't want their young children playing certain games - the ratings are there for a reason, after all, and whilst older people may be desensitized to the whole horror survival genre or whatever, it's not appropriate or even sane to think that a child will have the same capabilities to handle that stuff.

If someone asked me to not let their kid see me playing, I dunno, Gears of War for example on account of the chainsaws and splattering blood on the screen I would respect their feelings and turn the game off.
You're nice. Heh, if it was in my house they can forget it. Lol!

Top Bottom