• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would you say Dante is "American"?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The dialogue for the game seems very American.

However, the noticeable UK flag on the arm of Dante's jacket states otherwise. Also, Ninja Theory happens to be a UK based gaming company so, maybe/maybe not?
Dialogue seems american? What does that even mean?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DmC takes influences from different parts of the world and I think the best way to describe it is that it is the most contemporary.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
At this point I have to say that Dante is American. I'm not saying so because of me wanting him to be "American" because its awesome, but because of the evidence. Mundus blackmails the president and nearly everyone speaks like they would in America....

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Just imagine it guys what if they decided to make Dante black in the DmC reboot. I wonder how much more ****ed off people would have been.

mah mate, you really wanna **** people angry make him an arab.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
Well, the accent his (Australian) actor used is distinctly U.S./Canadian. So's the accents of almost everyone else in the game, minor characters included - except Poison, I think, she sounds English. It's a fair bet that the games's set in an alternate North America. But a few of the references are British, like the Union Jack, and when Vergil called the cameras "CCTV cameras" instead of "security" or "surveillance" cameras.

I think it would have been neat if Kat had been English. Would have diversified her from the other ladies more.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I've always assumed classic Dante was and this one as well. The city Dante lives in in 1/3 seems typically 'American in style' as is his accent in the older games so he was designed that way at the start. Though I also think of it in all DMCs as an 'alternate universe' America.

Tmfaria

Member of the Order
Dialogue seems american? What does that even mean?

I just meant to say that the dialogue for the game was very Westernized.

The slang and jokes and what not. It was just my opinion, I think everyone on here is entitled to one.

Top Bottom