• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would you play a DMC game if you had to kill Dante at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I would have absolutely no qualms about killing Dante. Being forced to kill Nero, on the other hand, would **** me off something fierce.

It won't for me.
alextrollfaceplz.png

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
i wish they just did that with DMC4 anyway (either that or go with their original plan...)

There's still hope although i dont think either of the characters should be killed off rather make nero the main person re vamp the combat give alternative weapons and guns and make dante a side or (god i wish) coop character explain the story line better and keep the awsome graphics and cutscenes

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
No. I don't want to play as Nero now or in the distant future. (I'm only restarting DMC4 as I need the achievements).
Agreed. Nero was a waste of time in the series both in character (a whiney pussywhipped Dante clone) and plot wise. I think Capcom should either end the series for a while or somehow by a miracle of the gods themselves make Dante cool again. Cause after DMC1 it seems harder and harder to make him look cool again.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
i wish they just did that with DMC4 anyway (either that or go with their original plan...)

Dante is too OP (mainly DMC2 and DMC4). You'll need demons Mundus level to even put pressure on him and have him struggle like DMC1 and DMC3.

Its best to focus on a weaker character (Nero) to add a feeling of conflict and struggle without throwing in God tier demons who can level planets just to give Dante a challenge.

I mean the only time in DMC4 were the conflict and struggle was real was playing as Nero and even then the Savior was actually good with the struggle department since Dante isn't able to damage or destroy the Savior from the outside meaning the only way to save the world was through Nero (not Dante). If it was Dante inside the Savior rather than Nero ohhh geeee Sanctus was screwed hands down. It would be worst than Argosax's butt whooping. At least with Nero it seemed Sanctus pushed him to his limit and was a worthy challenge and won due to plot and not just being too uber and badass.

Well then again the main problem with DMC2 and DMC4 were technically the villains they were jokes.....well to Dante that is. I mean Lucia did struggle with Arius and it seemed the Order was a perfect match for Nero. Nero won through his pure power and skill and well plot and both Nero and Lucia struggled physically and emotionally/mentally and even were outmatched and even defeated by the bad guys but throw Dante in (the overpowered Demi-God) they were absolute jokes and its a reason why Dante didn't take anything seriously in DMC2 and DMC4 because this is a casual Tuesday for him.

Geez if it wasn't for Nero, Dante would've ended the Order by mission 2 prevented basically everything from happening and would've went home in time to catch his favorite TV show and enjoy pizza.

Some may argue otherwise, but DMC4 would be well boring or more boring without Nero and by boring I don't personal preference but all feeling of climax and struggle between good and evil would be gone with Dante beating the sh*t out of the bad guys and going home.

So yeah we need someone like Nero to bring back the feeling of despair, struggle, internal/external conflict, and self growth and development that DMC1 and DMC3 both has.

Either a DMC game without Dante (it doesn't have to be Nero alone) or a DMC2 sequel with Dante in hell facing ALL OF HELL'S FORCES (which lets face it is the only real challenge they can give Dante after DMC2).

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Dante is too OP (mainly DMC2 and DMC4). You'll need demons Mundus level to even put pressure on him and have him struggle like DMC1 and DMC3.

Its best to focus on a weaker character (Nero) to add a feeling of conflict and struggle without throwing in God tier demons who can level planets just to give Dante a challenge.

I mean the only time in DMC4 were the conflict and struggle was real was playing as Nero and even then the Savior was actually good with the struggle department since Dante isn't able to damage or destroy the Savior from the outside meaning the only way to save the world was through Nero (not Dante). If it was Dante inside the Savior rather than Nero ohhh geeee Sanctus was screwed hands down. It would be worst than Argosax's butt whooping. At least with Nero it seemed Sanctus pushed him to his limit and was a worthy challenge and won due to plot and not just being too uber and badass.

Well then again the main problem with DMC2 and DMC4 were technically the villains they were jokes.....well to Dante that is. I mean Lucia did struggle with Arius and it seemed the Order was a perfect match for Nero. Nero won through his pure power and skill and well plot and both Nero and Lucia struggled physically and emotionally/mentally and even were outmatched and even defeated by the bad guys but throw Dante in (the overpowered Demi-God) they were absolute jokes and its a reason why Dante didn't take anything seriously in DMC2 and DMC4 because this is a casual Tuesday for him.

Geez if it wasn't for Nero, Dante would've ended the Order by mission 2 prevented basically everything from happening and would've went home in time to catch his favorite TV show and enjoy pizza.

Some may argue otherwise, but DMC4 would be well boring or more boring without Nero and by boring I don't personal preference but all feeling of climax and struggle between good and evil would be gone with Dante beating the sh*t out of the bad guys and going home.

So yeah we need someone like Nero to bring back the feeling of despair, struggle, internal/external conflict, and self growth and development that DMC1 and DMC3 both has.

Either a DMC game without Dante (it doesn't have to be Nero alone) or a DMC2 sequel with Dante in hell facing ALL OF HELL'S FORCES (which lets face it is the only real challenge they can give Dante after DMC2).

Couldnt of said it better myself:)

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Pssshhhh its not like it matters.

Dante's a monster. Those demons better lube up because Dante is coming for those a$$es.

I mean look at that face.
dante-dmc2face2.jpg

True definition of a rapeface.

Dante went to hell to find an actual challenge for he was bored with what the Human World was giving him. I guess he had it when his next villain was some crappy businessman.

I mean look at his face when he was riding to hell on his motorcycle and when he said "Yeah lets go all the way to hell"

The man was excited to go to hell (some would be hesitant) and I mean bonered up excited. Just the thought of going to hell made Dante's nipples hard.

That man isn't leaving there anytime soon.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
No way could I kill Dante- any of the Dantes. He's too cool to die. And I could never kill Dante knowing Nero was going to be his replacement. I'd rather play as some kind of undead zombie Dante than Nero. :p

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
No way could I kill Dante- any of the Dantes. He's too cool to die. And I could never kill Dante knowing Nero was going to be his replacement. I'd rather play as some kind of undead zombie Dante than Nero. :p

OUCH! i mean i get people dont like him but even i couldnt go that far i perfered his combat to dante's honestly the only other character i would like to play as more is vergil but that wont be happening but i would def play nero over a zombie lol

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014

originaly DMC4 was to take place between DMC3 and DMC1. so dante wouldn't be so op. nero had to grow on me. i wasn't a big fan of him for a long time.

GF9000000Returns

If he acts like a damn fool (in other words, abandoning his DMC2 attitude and goes to his DMC4 attitude) then yes! You're like in your late 30s or early 40s and you still acting like a chump. GROW THE EFF UP!!

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Oh man I don't think I could bring myself to kill original Dante. Besides what force in any of the two DMC universes would be strong enough to put him down anyway? Like it was said before, the guy is getting BJ's in hell and will come back clean on the other side. Nero's awesome (come at me) but he shouldn't have to tackle the series on his own.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Eh wasn't that your goal in DMC 4 as nero anyway ? i'd gladly kill DMC4 dante or any other version of him except the original one.. he's just too cool.

ALEX MERCER IS NOT DEAD ! he just faked his death he'll be back in prototype 3 !

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Not gonna lie, if it was DmC Dante then I would gladly finish the game just to see that (hides in a corner)
Any other Dante, then no.

On a side note, I'd gladly play a DMC game with Nero as the main character. If not the main character then at least Dante's partner or something. I want to see his character evolve more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom