• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would you play a DMC game if you had to kill Dante at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
A game where i can kill Dante in the end?

Part of me says I want to kill him; but a part of me says I don't want to lose one of my most favorite video game idols in my heart. So here's why:

DMC1 Dante = too powerful for me to kill; his sense of justice is too strong for me to take from him. He is my most fav iteration of Dante, the only Dante Hideki Kamiya made. And people chose DMC3/4 Dante over this Dante, which is rather sad. And found out most DMC fans' first game was DMC3.
DMC2 Dante = I can kill this Dante; despite showing only little of his cocky attitude, which is less campy, I still hate this Dante even up 'til now!
DMC3 Dante = too badass for me to kill; I wanted to kill him for being uncaring, but that was just in the beginning part of DMC3. Glad he became bearable in the end as he became like DMC1 Dante. I think the DMC1 protesters hating on DMC3 (not for its gameplay) would be glad to kill him. Not me, but it's those guys saying it!
DMC4 Dante = I can kill this Dante too for acting all too cool like any anime cliche/douchbag tropes which made anime nowadays unbearable, despite being badass...
DmC Dante = I can't kill this Dante! The reason I can't kill this Dante is because he is the embodiment of a non-conforming individualistic person wanting to live free in his own rules and dislikes the rules of others! From what another told me via comments in my profile, he is supposedly the representation of the UK Punk Movement during the 70's and the 80's. You can't tell this Dante what to do/say! :p He's way too free-spirited! :)

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Perhaps. If only for greater good. I think I'm gonna feel like Dexter(anyone watches that show?) after him killing his brother. Ya'know.. losing my GAME.

MigsRZXAStylish

Perhaps. If only for greater good. I think I'm gonna feel like Dexter(anyone watches that show?) after him killing his brother. Ya'know.. losing my GAME.

Ah, yes. That serial killer who has a good heart? He was reluctant went it comes to killing another serial killer he ended up falling in love with (Hannah, who was portrayed by Yvonne Strahovski).

So like Dexter, I couldn't come to my senses on killing 'Dante' (except for the two 'Dante's I've said here). It's like killing myself in the past! >.<

MigsRZXAStylish

i could except vergil dying(hard as that was) but i refuse to kill dante or nero

The only thing I like about Nero is how he's played, not his character (not all of it though)... He's like MGS2's Raiden. I saw neromaycry's sig. I would kill him for acting too much like Dante! >.<

MigsRZXAStylish

even if dante was under the control of another's will power and he begged nero to do it to save humanity?

From what you're saying, I think Dante wants to do the ultimate sacrifice! :(

Anyway, good night! It's getting late here! >.<

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Hey how is the metal gear solid rising revengeance anyway it caught my attention and im just wondering how is it? how does it compare to other hack and slash games? gameplay? characters? combat? storyline? is it like dmc or the dynasty warriors?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
if the game were to start out on a flash back...idk...maybe id still hate to do it

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Ah, yes. That serial killer who has a good heart? He was reluctant went it comes to killing another serial killer he ended up falling in love with (Hannah, who was portrayed by Yvonne Strahovski).

So like Dexter, I couldn't come to my senses on killing 'Dante' (except for the two 'Dante's I've said here). It's like killing myself in the past! >.<

Yup. A serial killer who had a good heart and an insatiable need to KILL!!

I haven't played DmC yet, so can't say anything about killing him. But considering DMC, I'd definitely want a very strong reason for putting a final stop to his demon hunting journey.

@OP
Dude, were you really having second thoughts on killing Mercer? You really didn't like his demise? I think he deserved to die.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
loved prototype and..idk it be hard for me to kill mercer too and i would def have to have a very very sdtrong reason to kill dante :(

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
loved prototype and..idk it be hard for me to kill mercer too and i would def have to have a very very sdtrong reason to kill dante :(

It's perfectly alright, man. I guess I'm the only one who wanted Mercer dead after knowing the truth about that manipulative slimy bastard.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Yes, although i like the character it's not a big of an issue, but i just cannot see a way to give a reason to kill Dante; unless something akin to Vergil's fate curses him too. One of my favourite animu characters, [SPOILERS] Kenshin Himura, died in a pretty "ironic" (i would even say "pathetic", but i think that's a too strong word to define his death) way; he spended his whole life fighting to die from illness in the arms of his wife, it was probably tuberculosis , with his body all fragile and being barely capable of walking; but i think that his death complements in a good way his own story, after all the murder he done and his "quest" to redeem himself for the band things he did, i think it was a good ending to a great character.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
@OP
Dude, were you really having second thoughts on killing Mercer? You really didn't like his demise? I think he deserved to die.

I know, it's just the fact that he became evil for the most hypocritical reason, and then dies. I know it was a good reason to kill him, but still...Alex Mercer though.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom