• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would you play a DMC game if you had to kill Dante at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Say Capcom decides that Dante isn't cool anymore and after the reboot, they decide to end him for good. So they decide to make Nero the main character to play as, and you and Dante finally go to kill the ultimate evil. Now that you've defeated him, the world is officially free of demons and all is well, but now you must fight and kill Dante for who is the last demon standing between the two. You finally defeat Dante, and you have to use the DB and DT of Nero to relentlessly slash and kill Dante, proving that Nero is the ultimate demon.

You can tell that this is from mey playing Prototype 2 and how I was forced to kill off my favorite character at the end, so I'm curious; would you play a DMC game where you had to kill Dante off?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
If it's DMC4 Dante, then yes. In a frickin' minute.

500px-Devil_May_Cry_4_-_Dante_Vs_Agnus_-_Gameplay.jpg

Oh God. Just stop talking PLEASE.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
yup. nero reminds me a lot of rin okumara and dante (dmc4) reminds me of every anime douchbag who thinks their cool again when they're just stupid. if it's DMC2 or DMC1 dante...then i'd have trouble doing that since i really do love those dante's

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Nope. I mean the original Dantes.

and I gave my answer.
The question was "would I play a DMC game where you killed Dante", my answer was no to killing the original Dante(s), but I just threw in yes for the DmC Dante because I want him dead so bad and getting a game where you can kill him for good would be awesome, I'd even buy it.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well personally with me, I wouldn't. Even though I can't stand the dumbass sometimes, I really couldn't find it in my heart to kill him. I've seen him grown from his douchebag fratboy party DMC3 self, to his serious stoic and powerful DMC2 self. But for me to kill him off like that, by NERO no doubt; can't do it.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
As long as i'm playing as Vergil(Although it still would be very painful for me) that would be fine. I don't like Nero as a character. I had some fun with him with his gameplay but his character? Just no.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Nope. It's not that interesting a way to go and even if it was I'd still say no.

EnJ

Shade
Douchbag from DmC, yes. Untill get "no damage-SSS" result. (but if he will be at gameplay lvl of other DmC boses, i think 1 kill will enough, cause it's to much boring)
Original...from one side it means that we plaingy DMC5 so may be it's like a some prise to pay for last true Devil May Cry game, because for now i pretty sure that DMC4 was last one. But from otehr side...killing Dante by Nero looks stupid. Maybe as Vergil, but Nero. Because ending like that (killing main character) must be epic like a hell.

No.
I don't care in which form Dante comes, I just can't.
Killing him would be like killing a little part of my childhood and teenage years,there would be no DMC anymore.

(It's enough that a lot of my favourite characters seem to die,I don't need another fav character to share the same fate :ermm:)

(Btw,I feel bad that you had to kill your fav character. Personally,I would have thrown my computer through the window in defeat)

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Agreed i couldnt do it i even hated killing off vergil and he was trying to kill me!! lol i love vergil for his cold demenor and ruthless determination and calmness under pressure i love dante for his thrill seeking i dont give a damn nature and the way he cares so much about everyones well being without showing it and i love nero's dedication and laid back attitude and devotion to kyrie as well as his temper lol i would hate to kill off any of these characters

aoshi

i would. then it would finally give the movie titles a meaning to their names.

Funny i googled wat Diehard meant and its not "Die" Hard as in literally but has a different meaning.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/die-hard

But

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/die-hard.html

The article does say that origin for title of movie die hard was indeed to die reluctantly,resisting to the end. Actually the significance is hyphenating diehard as Die-hard which still means different from non-hyphenated Die Hard.

I wanted to add that when i asked if john mclaine could die even though the movie is titled "Die"hard. Oh well....*rolls eyes*

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Funny i googled wat Diehard meant and its not "Die" Hard as in literally but has a different meaning.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/die-hard

But

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/die-hard.html

The article does say that origin for title of movie die hard was indeed to die reluctantly,resisting to the end. Actually the significance is hyphenating diehard as Die-hard which still means different from non-hyphenated Die Hard.

I wanted to add that when i asked if john mclaine could die even though the movie is titled "Die"hard. Oh well....*rolls eyes*

lol, i'm just playing with ya. but if johnny really died in the last movie, i'd be ok with that. its just how its handled. if dante is killed and its handled in a good way, then i'd be cool with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom