• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

would you guys like to see easter eggs in DmC?

would you guys like to see easter eggs in DmC?

• yes

Votes: 31 91.2%
  • no

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
okay i'm confused, when somebody said viewtiful joe dante costume this is what came to mind:
vj-dante.jpg

where is briefs and thongs coming from? lol

Domenic93

They could reference anything from HS to DMC. It could be very subtle or actually right in your face. Maybe another red head chick might walk by. Or maybe dragon fly's could be flying around. I always thought Nariko's finishing moves where pretty epic, and she would deliver massive nut shots to enemies. Wouldn't mind Dante kicking a demon in his balls.
them putting anything from ninja theory in it would be a HUGE risk and be the same as pooring gasoline next to a pyro kinda like how people took the DMC5 liscence plate on a rusty and run down car as an insult to the original fans, which to some it was the same as saying the the original series was just a piece of junk and was old and needed to be replaced.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
them putting anything from ninja theory in it would be a HUGE risk and be the same as pooring gasoline next to a pyro kinda like how people took the DMC5 liscence plate on a rusty and run down car as an insult to the original fans, which to some it was the same as saying the the original series was just a piece of junk and was old and needed to be replaced.
Thats why it would be an easter egg, so people who know NT games would be the ones to notice them. And NT is making the game, so it wouldn't be that crazy to do.

The DMC5 licence plate? in the trailer? lol
How far will people go to spread their hatred. This is also why its just an easter egg and it isn't part of the world. I wonder what they would of said if DMC was tagged on the inside of a bathroom. That would mean NT thinks DMC is crap.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
why stop there, it could be stuff like:
  1. walks into lady (mary) randomly and is like "yo can i haz yo number"
  2. walks past a store and sees force edge (or a dulicate ) or maybe red queen for sale
  3. says ooh nero thats a cool name for some reason
  4. looks ata jukebox and thinks hmm cud use one of those
  5. hears someone talk about mugnus and says "who?"
  6. maybe runs into agnus and is like "wow love the way you t..tt..tta.talk"
  7. says you SHALL NOT PASS (cuz u kno y not)
  8. maybe see a guy dressed up as dovakin
come on guys easter eggs are meant to be a casual joke for all us nerd out there y not be more creative

Devils Never Cry

Devil Hunter
Premium
Of course! ^_^

In one of the missions (or maybe in a secret mission) there could be a hidden group consisting of a Marionette, a Finis Demon, a Sin, and a Scarecrow that cooperates to try to take the player down. Though it may be a bit much easter egg wise, it sure would be a neat throwback.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
They need references to their past games because it's Ninja Theory and a "WE TOLD YOU SO!" if the game did well. If it didn't we can still laugh at them for being cocky :troll: And they need the Fonz
fonz.jpg

Eyyyyy....

It would also be cool if they threw in a secret "joke" level or something...something like the Green Hill Zone in Sonic Adventure 2.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Costumes.

You could get a Diesel costume from DMC2, or an updated Diesel outfit.
Maybe it doesn't have to be Diesel. What's popular among English and American youth today?

Or maybe Dante can try on that nipple-strap.
Or whatever it is that DMC3!Dante wears.

mrrandomlulz

How about we get a suit that looks like this
robocop_movie_image.jpg

And somewhere we get a gun that is blue and attaches to Dante's hand and it is called the "Devil Buster" (Megaman Reference)
DO EET! (And don't forget playable Pinkie Pie)

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
I completely understand that this is no longer a precursor to DMC3, but It would be quite cool if, by the end of the game Dante has set up shop or gotten an apartment.
And ordered pizza.
Washing his hair (or washing the dye out of it?).
When the phone rings.

mrrandomlulz

You know another Nice reference would be Dante saying "I would be a mutant turtle before I ate pizza." referencing to both original Dante's and Original Ninja Turtles love of pizza

(Idea thanks to TMNT Reboot thread)

DumbFanboy-Hunter

Kat asks if Dante ever had any true feelings for a girl.
Dante replies "I really liked this girl once... But then i took a sword to the chest." Now that'd be two references :p.

After killing lots of demons. Dante to whoever is with him - " Hell I could make a business out of this. A shop maybe... pretty sure I'd make it big there!!". Referencing the DMC shop, also taking a shot at how his business sucks.

(Discussion between Dante and Vergil)
Dante: Say why is it that you have that white hair..
Vergil : I have since long embraced my demonic heritage and this as you see is the result.
Dante : *pauses* You sure you're not hiding claws under those gloves?

DMC 3 reference .

(another discussion between Vergil and Dante at random situation)
Vergil : What do we do now?
Dante : Well... we could flip a coin.
Vergil : *blank stare*
Dante : or not...

Frazz

General gamer
I think a good throwback would be to have the mission just before the fight with Mundus being in a replica of the castle of DMC 1 but limbo breaks it up and all the blue orb fragments being in the same place! That would be epic!! Also there could be a poster of Trish somewhere advertising perfume or clothing and I'd love it if Dante went to a fair and went up to a guy who offers to draw Dante as if he were an anime character and when the artist is finished he shows the camera that it is a picture of DMC 1 Dante.

Top Bottom