• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

would platinum games have made a better DmC?

would platinum games have made a better DmC?

• yes

Votes: 26 33.3%
  • no

• maybe

• Total voters

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'm not sure about being better, but we would get our 60 fps that could have never been taken out of DmC.

When you see the words Devil May Cry, you also hear the 60 fps screaming for you...They can't live split.
Why? The creator himself said Devil May Cry doesn't need 60 fps to function and and if you compare the animations in DmC to the previous serious it is better. Say what you want about NT but they have developed a rep for using some of the best technological techniques in the biz. The motion capture acting and the way the characters move all look great. Besides, I can't tell the freaking difference.

IncarnatedDemon

Hideo Kojima vouches for 60 fps:

Meanwhile, Kojima has confirmed Rising will run at 60 frames per second.
"The old Rising that was being prototyped at Kojima Productions looked visually like Metal Gear, but it was 30 frames per second and required complicated controls," he Tweeted (again via Andriasang).
"I made one request of Platinum: a cool Raiden who moves nice and smooth at 60 frames per second."

So you, 30 fps and Hideo cant have a three some chancey.

It must be 60 fps, Hideo and you.

Devil Player

Why? The creator himself said Devil May Cry doesn't need 60 fps to function and and if you compare the animations in DmC to the previous serious it is better. Say what you want about NT but they have developed a rep for using some of the best technological techniques in the biz. The motion capture acting and the way the characters move all look great. Besides, I can't tell the freaking difference.

Kamiya was the creator of Devil May Cry and he didn't say that. I'm not sure, but Itsuno ( Hideaki) is the one who said that, BUT he is no creator. He was full of it when he said there is no difference between 30 and 60 fps. Both are really different. Even a dog is able to notice it.

I also liked DmC, but damn, the fps difference was quite brutal as soon as I saw the game for the first time. I'm not saying that 30 fps is a bad thing. I played a lot of games on 30 fps and I liked them, BUT any game related to Devil May Cry should run on 60 fps, no matter how bad the plot or everything else is.

Also, I didn't say anything bad about Ninja Theory, just calm down. I actually think DmC is their best game and they are still quite young, BUT they must learn how to make things running on higher fps. It's amazing seeing a fight game, action games running on a good engine and on 60 fps.

The motion capture is probably one of the most interesting things, I agree. However, think about public. Will you play a game because of its motion picture or because of its good gameplay and good engine?

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
Hideo Kojima vouches for 60 fps:

So you, 30 fps and Hideo cant have a three some chancey.

It must be 60 fps, Hideo and you.
I like how you show something and then Chancey tries to find something else wrong with the statement...keep doing a good job...

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I like how you show something and then Chancey tries to find something else wrong with the statement...keep doing a good job...
You hate everything about the reboot so like I'd listen to you. You think P* is god and your statements hold no relevance here. Fluttershy is worst pony too. Rarity is best.
mlfw3120-13302054993074.gif

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Kamiya was the creator of Devil May Cry and he didn't say that. I'm not sure, but Itsuno ( Hideaki) is the one who said that, BUT he is no creator. He was full of it when he said there is no difference between 30 and 60 fps. Both are really different. Even a dog is able to notice it.

I also liked DmC, but damn, the fps difference was quite brutal as soon as I saw the game for the first time. I'm not saying that 30 fps is a bad thing. I played a lot of games on 30 fps and I liked them, BUT any game related to Devil May Cry should run on 60 fps, no matter how bad the plot or everything else is.

Also, I didn't say anything bad about Ninja Theory, just calm down. I actually think DmC is their best game and they are still quite young, BUT they must learn how to make things running on higher fps. It's amazing seeing a fight game, action games running on a good engine and on 60 fps.

The motion capture is probably one of the most interesting things, I agree. However, think about public. Will you play a game because of its motion picture or because of its good gameplay and good engine?
30, 60, it doesn't matter. As long as I get a quality game out of it. Those terrible army shooters run on 60 fps and how does that make those games any better?

IncarnatedDemon

30, 60, it doesn't matter. As long as I get a quality game out of it. Those terrible army shooters run on 60 fps and how does that make those games any better?
You realize that for games like DmC that 60 fps IS QUALITY? Therefor your not getting best quality from a fps perspective.

Just saying.

And no, i did not say that 60 fps is god.

Devil Player

Well, it matters for a DMC or DmC game. ;)

DmC was good, but imagine what could have been, running on 60 fps...It would be like the sky, so clear, so blue!

Yeah, 60 fps alone doesn't make a good game, BUT it's also important.

Powerstar7

Well, it matters for a DMC or DmC game. ;)

DmC was good, but imagine what could have been, running on 60 fps...It would be like the sky, so clear, so blue!

Yeah, 60 fps alone doesn't make a good game, BUT it's also important.
I believe it runs on 60 fps if you're using a PC
I'm fine with the trade-off for art and environments over the fps

Tmfaria

Member of the Order
It would have defiantly been interesting to see their take on the game.

I can't say to whether or not they would have made it better, but it would have been something more innovative. MGR shows that in its gameplay alone - imagine Dante using Raiden's sword technique to slice and dice demons, that would be awesome :)

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
But Rising fails to capture the Metal Gear Awesome in execution and sure as hell doesn't live up to the Metal Gear that lies in it's name. The bosses in MGR are absolutely pathetic and just compare it to the epic, original, memorable, and innovative boss fights the Metal Gear series previously had.
For Example:
-Psycho Mantis
-The End
-The Sorrow
-The Boss
-Liquid Snake
-Gray Fox
etc. etc. etc.

And you're going to sit there with a straight face and tell me Rising actually lives up to the Metal Gear name? You've got to be kidding me. You might be fine with the "all style no substance" approach to developing games but Metal Gear was never known for that and had a substance and charm that made it so special and unlike any video game in the history of games. I believe I have more right to be upset with Rising than you have to be with DmC.It's not even my massive hatred for Raiden, it's how the Cyborg Ninja game should have been SO MUCH BETTER than this crap.

Even though I HATE Raiden with a fiery passion. Let me repeat that, I ABSOLUTELY HATE RAIDEN AND HE NEEDS TO DIE A HORRIBLE PAINFUL DEATH. You see how I feel about him? Get it? Ok now that you understand how much I hate him I'll go as far as to say this, Raiden deserved a better game than this. Now I have to go vomit for saying that.
Looks like someone just earned themselves a SSS!

Top Bottom