• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Worst Moment in Devil May Cry 4

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
DMC 4 was my first DMC so i don't have much hate for it
but there is one thing i don't like
the introduction of Gloria
the entire scene is completely pointless and its only exists to for sex appell
Sadly I had to say that Gloria on her own is completely pointless. She didn't add much to the story..well since she was Trish. I just don't understand why to work hard on design of character, only to make him a disguise.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Ironic because DMC4 was suppose to appeal to female gamers as well.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Ironic because DMC4 was suppose to appeal to female gamers as well.
Given the significant increase in shirtless Dante fan-art after the game's release, I wouldn't say Capcom failed in that endeavor. Then again, Dante's always had a fairly strong female following...(even the reboot).

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Given the significant increase in shirtless Dante fan-art after the game's release, I wouldn't say Capcom failed in that endeavor. Then again, Dante's always had a fairly strong female following...(even the reboot).

I feel the reboot has a stronger female following ever since the shirtless Dante mod.
tumblr_n8k6tlUPvS1tavglbo1_500.png

Picard

Starfleet Demon

Well, it does establish that Gloria is "new" in the Order, and since later on you see her on a (supposedly) high-level meeting, it immediately shows that something is suspicious, so I wouldn't say that it is "entirely" pointless... just that first 90% or so of the scene is. Of course, it is explained during the second scene that she got into the Order by bringing them the Sword of Sparda, instead of seducing Sanctus with sex appeal, but even so I wouldn't call the scene entirely pointless. Just mostly.

ArabPikachu

Worst Moment in Devil May Cry 4

I'd say Nero showing "romantic love" towards Kyrie :facepalm::meh:

If Capcom excluded that from the game, I'd have more fun playing it (this is not to say DMC4 was a bad game)

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Kyrie singing Church opera during the opening. I get it, but ugh! (Chills run down my spine)
Oh God, the Trish mod! Those flippin' teeth! :cautious:

alis grave nil

1) Dante's awkward pants

2)Kyrie

3)**** the dice

4)The game felt a bit..limited.like it suffered a cutting room floor masacre.fun, but there felt like there was unused potential

Axon49

Frequency 141.80
are you aware that if you use the devil bringer on the dice you can control what number it lands on

I can't remember if I heard that somewhere or figured it out myself* but it's really helpful. It's one little tip I've never forgotten. Even when I didn't play DMC4 for a couple of years it immediately came back to me when I got to that part again.

I really don't even have an issue with the dice games because of that technique, but I can see why some folks still wouldn't like them.

I also think they should've made it similar to DMC3's "fight the bosses again" moment where you don't actually have to fight nearly every boss again. Maybe rolling the dice just right could've skipped a bunch of them. That would've been great, and it would've made the buster technique even more valuable to know and learn.

* - I really like to think I thought of it myself, by the way. :cool:

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
are you aware that if you use the devil bringer on the dice you can control what number it lands on
You don't even need to use the DB. All you need to do is hit the dice when the number you want is on the top square. Nero is basically Sparda reborn, so he's pretty much God. And now for my (possibly) favorite quote from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri: ''Einstein would turn over in his grave; not only does God play dice, the dice are loaded.''

Top Bottom