• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Worst Moment in Devil May Cry 4

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
My worst moment in DMC4?

Nero get's absorbed into the Savior, his emoness shows when he sees Kyrie and keeps saying he will save her. Hmph! Typical "save my girl" cheesy cliched story...!
Then, we get to play as Dante again. The worst part? Backtracking Nero's path all the way to the beginning where they fought. But instead of Nero, he fights Agnus.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Yeah but here's the catch his attacks were slow and had less variety.. whereas dante has like this plethora of moves and styles.... he's the only reason why i pop in DMC4 disk once in a while his variety keeps the gameplay fresh.

I still have yet to master Royalguard.. its very very tricky.

i actually found nero to have just as much variety as dante and trickster only works so well as devil bringer brings them right to you with no risk to losing the style or them possibly moving

:blink: well, I'm waiting on what Oppressedwriter has to say. I can't answer for him, so you'll have to wait.

Yeah, I did play it and beat but it just wasn't that enjoyable; I think the combat is great, full of depth, but it lacks a fun game to be used in. The levels bored me to tears and I really found myself questioning a lot of the game design choices, it seemed like the main campaign was constantly trying to make sure the player would never actually have too much fun. And while some bosses were excellent, Echnida and Berial (best boss), others like the "Savior" and the final boss were just terrible. I was happy to see DmC just replace the whole guardian fight with a little cinematic angel pull/demon pull QTE sequence; better that then tediously destroying crystals. I mean not to go on a tangent, but I can't stress how much I HATE the stupid crystals on LARGE towering boss, it seems to have finally died as a game design action game boss trope, but I swear every major hack and slash from that time thought that's what players found exciting and fun.

DMC4: The "Savior" Guardian; gigantic body. check. crystals player must destroy. check.
Castlevania LoS has two or three painfully long and tedious bosses also called "guardians" where you smash little crystals on their bodies.
Darksiders 2: The First boss is called the guardian, guess what you do, you climb up his large body and smash crystals.

Anyway, to make a long rambling post short, I prefer DMC3 and DmC over DMC4.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Yeah, I did play it and beat but it just wasn't that enjoyable; I think the combat is great, full of depth, but it lacks a fun game to be used in. The levels bored me to tears and I really found myself questioning a lot of the game design choices, it seemed like the main campaign was constantly trying to make sure the player would never actually have too much fun. And while some bosses were excellent, Echnida and Berial (best boss), others like the Guardian and the final boss were just terrible. I was happy to see DmC just replace the whole guardian fight with a little cinematic angel pull/demon pull QTE sequence; better that then tediously destroying crystals. I mean not to go on a tangent, but I can't stress how much I HATE the stupid crystals on LARGE towering boss, it seems to have finally died as a game design action game boss trope, but I swear every major hack and slash from that time thought that's what players found exciting and fun.

DMC4: The Guardian; gigantic body. check. crystals player must destroy. check.
Castlevania LoS has two or three painfully long and tedious bosses also called "guardians" where you smash little crystals on their bodies.
Darksiders 2: The First boss is called the guardian, guess what you do, you climb up his large body and smash crystals.

Anyway, to make a long rambling post short, I prefer DMC3 and DmC over DMC4.

I actually liked that darksiders 2 fight lol i had fun being on horse back dodging him and trying to get to the crystals :p but thats just me may i just add though darksiders 2 had the best like finish off the already beaten boss and kill him cut scenes ive ever seen

I actually liked that darksiders 2 fight lol i had fun being on horse back dodging him and trying to get to the crystals :p but thats just me may i just add though darksiders 2 had the best like finish off the already beaten boss and kill him cut scenes ive ever seen

Well, I will say this, the one in Darksiders 2 is definitely the most enjoyable and fun, because it doesn't overstay its welcome and also features one of Jesper Kyd's best pieces of game music "The Guardian Theme".

Loved the darksiders series i cannot wait for the next one* if another one comes ou* which i hope it does

Yeah, I kinda hope they go more action route, because I love the series as well for its great art/world design. So, a darksiders that's primarily focused on inventive hack and slash with the same amazing artstyle and world would be awesome, but if they don't that, I'll still play a more traditional sequel when and if it comes as well, because despite its flaws I ultimately really enjoyed Darksiders 2, life steal ice scythes for the win. :).

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Yeah, I kinda hope they go more action route, because I love the series as well for its great art/world design. So, a darksiders that's primarily focused on inventive hack and slash with the same amazing artstyle and world would be awesome, but if they don't that, I'll still play a more traditional sequel when and if it comes as well, because despite its flaws I ultimately really enjoyed Darksiders 2, life steal ice scythes for the win. :).

I cant remember what my scythes were its been sometime but im sure i had something of the same either way i agree darksiders 2 was very well done i cant wait to play a sequel

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Im pretty sure i had a life steal on my scythes but my second was all about fire damage and i used my ravens to just repa life and my other abilities to cause massive area damage

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i actually found nero to have just as much variety as dante and trickster only works so well as devil bringer brings them right to you with no risk to losing the style or them possibly moving

Dude if you master dante and j'cing he puts nero to shame

my least favorite bit is the stupid dice game

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
well thats down to you dude not everyone likes dante in dmc4 but he is a far superior combattant to nero i mean nero aint bad but if u take away the devil bringer he doesnt have much to work with.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
"KYYYYYYYRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" screamed every 5 seconds.
Nero
The Story (mostly the romance side of it)

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
"KYYYYYYYRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" screamed every 5 seconds.
Nero
The Story (mostly the romance side of it)
Agreed. If that flat romance was supposed to appeal to females, well, it failed on me...not that I speak for all females..but, it really was bad.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
well thats down to you dude not everyone likes dante in dmc4 but he is a far superior combattant to nero i mean nero aint bad but if u take away the devil bringer he doesnt have much to work with.

idk i mean technically yah dante is the superior combatant but to me i do way better with nero i just might be odd like that but any issues i will mg you personally when i hit the harder lvls

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Il glady help dude and nero is made for beginner players the db makes things easier , that way when u get to dante and master weapon and style switching and air juggles on the fly he seems like a god. In a way nero just makes dante look more badass however nero's j'cing is pretty good too. There are vids by chaserthewolf and spawnshooter on here you should watch and study, they will teach you basic j'cing advanced combos inertia and guardflying starraves etc with dante and there are probably vids for nero too. If you need help with inputs any tips or advice etc just pm me on here or xbox:)

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Il glady help dude and nero is made for beginner players the db makes things easier , that way when u get to dante and master weapon and style switching and air juggles on the fly he seems like a god. In a way nero just makes dante look more badass however nero's j'cing is pretty good too. There are vids by chaserthewolf and spawnshooter on here you should watch and study, they will teach you basic j'cing advanced combos inertia and guardflying starraves etc with dante and there are probably vids for nero too. If you need help with inputs any tips or advice etc just pm me on here or xbox:)

thanks a lot :) i appreciate it

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Agreed. If that flat romance was supposed to appeal to females, well, it failed on me...not that I speak for all females..but, it really was bad.

Actually it was meant to appeal to Japanese females.

In Japan Capcom's Sengoku Basara actually out beats DMC in sales so they got Kobayashi (SB producer) as an attempt to get that demographic to DMC since he is apparently popular with the ladies (with his products not he himself).

Someone really needs to demote Kobayashi to a janitorial position (all he ever does is makes bad decisions he even ruined his own series SB with that godawful Devil King's localization).

My worst moment was discovering that the Blitz has a one hit kill move........the hard way.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
...playing it through on DH and just beat Dante....which is insane because I only died twice before I won...and I really did beat him well and good, so much that I kind of feel guilty about it now....and I beat Sanctus on the first go.

So I just thought I'd save myself from coming back into this thread and state now that:

DANTE MUST DIE mode is the WORST.

I've never reached that mode before because I always end up mid-way through SoS mode before something catastrophic happens to my game (see previous posts in ages past), and from memory, SoS was challenging. I barely skimmed through some boss fights on my arse. Fairly sure I'm going to loathe the higher modes.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
...playing it through on DH and just beat Dante....which is insane because I only died twice before I won...and I really did beat him well and good, so much that I kind of feel guilty about it now....and I beat Sanctus on the first go.

So I just thought I'd save myself from coming back into this thread and state now that:

DANTE MUST DIE mode is the WORST.

I've never reached that mode before because I always end up mid-way through SoS mode before something catastrophic happens to my game (see previous posts in ages past), and from memory, SoS was challenging. I barely skimmed through some boss fights on my arse. Fairly sure I'm going to loathe the higher modes.

Im gunna have no choice but to do it what is it one hit kills you right?

Top Bottom