• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Worst Moment in Devil May Cry 3

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
What's your least favorite thing about Devil May Cry 3?

It's a toughie for me to think of somethin'. I'll have to come back to this one :p

EDIT: Remember to keep it civil guys. This isn't about bashing the game, just about the things that didn't quite click with you.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I suppose. I didn't like being restricted all that much, but...at the same time I really only liked Gunslinger anyway, so...the restriction didn't bug me nearly as much as it could have.

Railazel

I suppose. I didn't like being restricted all that much, but...at the same time I really only liked Gunslinger anyway, so...the restriction didn't bug me nearly as much as it could have.

It bothered me a lot. I would use one of the main styles only to regret making the decision later and the two side styles weren't very useful.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The Style System always did kind of bug me but, the game still reinvigorated the DMC series with awesome gameplay s I can deal with it. However I would like how DmC plays to be incorporated in to future games regardless of which one we get next.

Also I didn't like how the characters just became trite annoying anime cliches. And I never was a fan of Vergil himself. He was always a very lame villain who couldn't fill a more generic spot in that cast. I love playing DMC 3 even to this day but, the skip cutscene buddy is a good friend of mind because I really felt like it lost the charm and spirit of that first game.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Let's see;

-Dante's fratboy nature.
-Vergil's brain dead character.
-the demons looking bland
-the style system being limited.
-The bland environment
-lame one liners.
-The relationship of the brothers.

But my all time worst would be the story.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
I can't really think of none for I really enjoyed nearly all aspects of the game. I guess I wish that Vergil's story was delved into a little deeper...

Oh wait, I got it!
Those Fallen Angels. I HATED them. Period. Everytime they would appear in the BP levels, I would gripe the world away. Hell, even when they appeared I would just frown. Those are the only two things I could think of, the rest was fine with me.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
The stupid, slowly rotating, elevating, freaking cubes of floatiness!

Also, Vergil's lack of a traditional double jump which ended up making it's way to DmC, but at least that game has Angel Lift and Demon Pull. It just always seemed weird to me that a powerful person like that can't generate magic/energy under his feet and jump. His idiot brother was able to and could do a bunch of other crap while Vergil could only jump, teleport down, up, above an enemies head, back, forward, left, and right. Maybe Vergil's a minimalist...

berto

I Saw the Devil
Some of Dante's lines. They were pretty bad, I remember I almost punched myself in the balls a the sheer retardedness of the lines.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I can't really think of none for I really enjoyed nearly all aspects of the game. I guess I wish that Vergil's story was delved into a little deeper...

Oh wait, I got it!
Those Fallen Angels. I HATED them. Period. Everytime they would appear in the BP levels, I would gripe the world away. Hell, even when they appeared I would just frown. Those are the only two things I could think of, the rest was fine with me.

Not being able to switch styles while in mid level or while fighting also i agree with britt as i also hated those angel things with a passion i much perfer the angelo's in dmc4 but beyond that i loved dmc3 i mean yah the enemies couldve been better detailed but otherwise awsome game

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
What really sticks out to me in DMC 3 is dante's ugly "uncool" stripper coat
dmc_3_10.jpg
Dante_3_DMC1a.gif

At least it had DMC 1's costume but i still had to see the same pre-rendered cutscenes no matter what.

> I didn't mind Dante's brash attitude because he was young but still it made him look very "uncool" and more of a pretentious douche.

> Am i the only one misses the good'ol blood ? i know some enemies had blood by my point is that every enemy should have blood.

>This game lacks DMC1's resident evil creepy atmosphere its just bland arenas..

> And finally the soundtrack is just not as good as DMC 1's its electro synthesized music is forgettable.. only BGM which really sticks out is Cerberus's theme.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Oh wait, I got it!

Those damn Fallen Angels. Most boring enemy to fight in the game - always shielded, always f#cking moving at the apex of your jump so you have so little room for error. I suppose it wouldn't be all that troublesome using Swordmaster for Aerial Rave, but...ugh...I'm a Gunslinger.

That's another thing I don't like much. My primary (read: only) Style is Gunslinger, and the game does not seem balanced enough for it, as later on there are enemies that I literally just cannot kill with firearms, and instead have to fall back on my melee weapons, which is okay, but I'd love to use my guns more, since, y'know...that's what that style is about :(

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Those damn Fallen Angels. Most boring enemy to fight in the game - always shielded, always f#cking moving at the apex of your jump so you have so little room for error. I suppose it wouldn't be all that troublesome using Swordmaster for Aerial Rave, but...ugh...I'm a Gunslinger.

That's another thing I don't like much. My primary (read: only) Style is Gunslinger, and the game does not seem balanced enough for it, as later on there are enemies that I literally just cannot kill with firearms, and instead have to fall back on my melee weapons, which is okay, but I'd love to use my guns more, since, y'know...that's what that style is about :(

Same gunslinger was my main style as well and i loved using the e&i in combo with rebellion to knock enemies int he air shoot knock them back down bullet rain etc but dmc4 wrecked that for me cuz e&i do almost do racking damage :( the shotgun is much stronger but there is no rapid fire and you knock the enemies to far backtoo :(

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Nevan the Lightning Witch, or Nevan the Electric Guitar?

I know ive said this before somewhere on this site but i really did not enjoy nevan as a devil arm-electric sycthe that summons bats to attack people-awsome-electric guitar-not awsome

Top Bottom