• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Worst DMC3 experience(s)

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
Fighting Nevan *eyeroll* dont even get me started...but it was worth it! In the end Dante gets a kick-ass guitar :D

DeynaxDinaxDayena

Fighting Nevan *eyeroll* dont even get me started...but it was worth it! In the end Dante gets a kick-ass guitar :D
dude...It was my FAVOURITE fight in DMC3!, do you have ANY IDEA how many times I did this stupid mission 9 JUST to fight her?!!? *coughs*
23 XDDDD , and I got the special edition, so I'm also very happy to get to fight her if I play on bloody palace
> : 3
Nevan RULLLLEZ! : DDDD

SakuraAddictive

" Power, Give me more ... POWER "
NEVAN

~ when she KISSES ME and ATTACKING TOO MUCH THAT I CAN'T EVEN CLOSE TO HER ;__;

- i always hate this b**** !;___; I died many times for that ;__;

Kammosjuttu

Worst DMC3 experience... I think playing the whole game was my best and worst experience at the same time. Let's tell a little story of it:

DMC3 is the first DMC game I've ever played. It's also the first hack and slash game I've ever played. I knew DMC beforehand, though, since I had been a fan of it through the anime and manga and novels, but never thought I'd be any good at the games so I just ignored them (because when I was 7 years old I ended up playing a horror PS1 game at a friend's house and got so scarred I couldn't play anything even remotely scary after that, lol).
However, I have a sibling who knew I liked Dante and one Christmas said person gave me the 3rd DMC game as a present because even if couldn't remember the series, could recognize Dante on the cover, and link it to me that way. So there I was, happy with the title being DMC, but unsure of it could I handle it. I gave it a try with my sibling sittign there with me, and realized it was not at all scary, but instead it was helluva hard. I died and died over and over again in the second mission till the game informed me it had opened up the easy mode. I hadn't known there was such a mode and I had a good laugh at it that even the machine thought I was crap.
With the easy mode I hacked and slashed away slowly. I practiced and failed, practiced some more and failed regardless. At some point I had nursed Dante so upgraded that I began to progress. But while Dante got in better condition, I went for the worst. I had developed a tendovaginitis to my right thumb and couldn't use it; so I used my forefinger. Then for my dismay I sprained my forefinger and it had to be wrapped up with those what-do-you-call-them sticks under the bandages to keep the finger straight. And with such fingers I was also kept away from gaming.
When healed, I returned to play DMC3. I was still crap, but at least better than in the beginning. But it took me one year to complete the game... on easy mode. Sad, I know. I had received DMC3 on Christmas, and I got it finished on the easy mode in the beginning of the next December.
So, all in all, I had a frustrating but still extremely fun year with DMC3; a lot happened during that time, but telling all of it would be breath-taking.
I'm just happy I'm not that poor a gamer nowadays, though I still could be lots and lots better. xP

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
well all of the bad moments i had were in dmc 3.1st the ****ing big A** worm that goes through holes and u have to kill it it took me 2 hours to understand that i have to get on his back.2nd final fight with arkham those little snakes with him made the fight really tough for me it took me 4 hours of retrying to beat him.3rd i dont know if this is the worst moment but it counts i was 13 or 14 when i played dmc 3 and during the neven intro cutscene my aunt was sitting next to me and my cuz. u could see her merchandise :D but when my aunt saw it she was furious that what kind of things do i watch due to my age she told pops i and my cuz felt humiliated :(.lastly i would say all the secret missions after the 4th gave me a hard time :mad:

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
NEVAN

~ when she KISSES ME and ATTACKING TOO MUCH THAT I CAN'T EVEN CLOSE TO HER ;__;

- i always hate this b**** !;___; I died many times for that ;__;

DT to break out of that. Use Cerberus (The nun-chuks) since they attack fast. Destroy the bats with Cerberus, then you can haul on Nevan. Keep using Trickster to evade.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Mine is when ever i play Bloody Palace, someone always needs me to be somewhere, and i never can complete it.

TheRebelliousDevil

My worst experience was fighting Beowulf on Normal Gold difficulty. I started playing the game for the very first time on Normal Gold (I didn't know what Gold does, it seems that it gives you endless continues unlike Yellow, so it's good I chose that one!) and even if after dying a few times I unlocked the Easy difficulty, I was too stubborn and lazy to choose that difficulty and play the game again. I died about 5 times to Cerberus, but as a complete beginner, I was doing really good.
When I somehow managed to reach Beowulf, I died about 10-20 times LITERALLY and almost broke my keyboard (it's strange people have problems with playing the game on a keyboard since it was the same to me and actually the controls were even simple). When I finally beat him, I was so friggin' happy and all... Even the battle with Vergil 2 was much easier for me. I got him in the 3rd time.

Keyur

DMD mode - Arkham
His snakes/tentacles is pain. First time in DMC3 I ****ed of at Vergil because he came to help in that fight so no devil trigger no trick style.
Vergil DMD mode first time win- Used more than 10 vital star+yellow orb. He is getting more healed that I damaged him and its bloody annoying <-- Saying on my face "You suck dude" After that tac I used is just zerg him.
Chess Board DMD mode: It happened due to graphics lag. Once I got knocked down all chessboard piece mass raped me.
Worm Boss: I figured out his mechanic in clearing DMD mode 2nd time. After it just "/facepalm"

TheRebelliousDevil

I used Dante's Unlimited Devil Trigger to beat DMD, and it went just fine, except for Arkham... God damn Vergil! You came to help and it turned to be contradictory, because I couldn't use DT then!

extra life

live dt demonstration
the nevan battle strategy - beowulf + enemy step + starfall.
keep stepping off her and repeat the star fall move. works even when she does the spinning. for the kiss move,just attack her in dt while she haunts you,it will instantly break her shield and then you can do a series of highly destructive dt combos. agni and rudra fire vortex isn't a bad start

worst experience - mission 18,mission 19
when i was begining with the game at harder difficulties,i encountered a well known bug at mission 18 that doesn't let me fight bosses required to make a circle. i had to download someone else's save game off the internet and skip the mission in order to finish. after that it wasn't much of a fun. only untill recently i've found a fix on pcsx wiki. now,i'm playing the game all over again.. haha, ironicaly the room right before it is called the road to despair. i guess they weren't very wrong

arkham,possibly the most annoying boss in devil may cry 3,and i have yet to face him on dante must die.. so i guess that will be my most annoying experience. the mirror things and time loop also made me a lot of trouble as a beginner and i'm sure i'm not the only one lol so i can say mission 19 is all together the most annoying mission. arkham is not that hard as much he is unfair,it would be a breeze to defeat him with a dt however without a style to play with and vergil not making sufficient damage to replace me,my best bet is jumping around like a lunitic and avoiding the onslaught of red things he fires and onward using the best of my attacks to kill it as soon as possible. next to that only cerberus,but unlike arkham,i admire him and its actually fun to play with,even if he knows spamming the ice attacks for 3 times in a row. arkham is just.. hated.

Top Bottom