• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

With itsuno gone do you think we could see another reboot

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
As the title suggests, do u think we will see a devil may cry 6 or a fresh reboot or re-telling of the story from a new team?

And on top of that how would you feel about it?, personally i would prefer a reboot over getting no continuation at all

What about you?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
If Capcom get desperate, I could definitely see them doing the "in case of emergency, smash glass" and finally make a Sparda game in the vein of MGS3 and then do a soft-refresh where they gradually reintroduce Dante fresh after DMC1 (which they will have likely remade) and the next games will follow him and Trish in their early days of their partnership which we never actually got to see.

Itsuno's gone? Really?... Oh... That's such a shame...:cautious: (Sorry, I don't have the same love for the guy that everyone else has. And yes, that was sarcasm).

If the new team has got any common sense, they'll leave everything as is. But most people want to/has to stick their own stamp on things (just look at the reboot).

Sorry for double posting, the forum keeps kicking me off.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@ef9dante_oSsshea
right now, DMC5 sold more than DmC so a numbered entry feels more likely.

With RE, Capcom pivoted to a new status quo twice with 4 and 7 so id see them doing the same with a potential DMC6. DMC leans more into case of the week storytelling so its fits.

personally I'd be into a new cast of characters over returning to the current cast but im probably the minority.

the upcoming animated series is speculated to be another reboot so that could influence the next entry. For all we know, the next DMC game is a followup to that animated series. That could work for me as i enjoyed the Castlevania series on Netflix but its too early to tell what their take is right now.

I'm not against another reboot but there is the risk of diminishing returns exploring Dante's early years for a third time. Hence why i become fond of swapping Vergil and Dante's roles in another thread.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I expect a number 6 to be coming, i mean for the future beyond

I can see them rebooting it, and i don't mean by continuing with DmC as ninja theory are owned by xbox now. I mean a capcom led reboot of the whole thing so a new team can start fresh.

I actually think a prequel style reboot during the tony redgrave phase of dante's past would be a good starting point. Sparda game would be better, but i doubt we will ever get that lol.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Lain @ef9dante_oSsshea

those are good places to restart if they do.

I'm not referring to Nt's reboot either. I just meant DMC5 was more of a sucess so they might refrain from rebooting DMC again unless other curcumstances present themselves.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
@Lain @ef9dante_oSsshea

those are good places to restart if they do.
My obvious concern if they do make a Sparda prequel game would be how they handle him. For all their faults, DMC's 3-5 still managed to make Sparda come across as a serious character and I worry that without the resident "wacky woohoo pizza man" as Dante is sometimes known, Capcom would resort to making Sparda more whimsical in order to maintain the "stylish action" and general tone the series has become known for. :unsure:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
My obvious concern if they do make a Sparda prequel game would be how they handle him. For all their faults, DMC's 3-5 still managed to make Sparda come across as a serious character and I worry that without the resident "wacky woohoo pizza man" as Dante is sometimes known, Capcom would resort to making Sparda more whimsical in order to maintain the "stylish action" and general tone the series has become known for. :unsure:
I was more into your dante and trish angle than focusing on Sparda. I'm 50/50 on using him as he might be better off as a legend.

I guess they could handle Sparda like they did V- a quiet soul with a quirky side. Im hoping they'd have better luck with Sparda as an introvert as they failed using Dante that way twice.

Robin Atkin Downes or Troy Baker would be a good fit for Sparda's VA.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Considering we now know that dante and vergil all along had weapons with only 1/3rd of sparda's power, and the. 2/3rds when combined for dante and with the fruit and blood for vergil.

A sparda game may be too big a scope, as prime sparda would most likely be unstoppable with no sense of threat or danger. Plus it may feel underwhelming which would be worse. I think if they reboot, cover the twins as tony redgrave and gilver and even have a tutorial for them while young and learning they have powers etc.

windleopard

@ef9dante_oSsshea

personally I'd be into a new cast of characters over returning to the current cast but im probably the minority.
I've felt that Nero should have his own supporting cast of allies over Dante's for some time now. Assuming Capcom is serious about him replacing Dante and ending the Sparda brothers' story.
the upcoming animated series is speculated to be another reboot
This is the first I'm hearing of this. What I have seen is speculation the series is based more on the Ninja Theory continuity than the main games.

windleopard

Considering we now know that dante and vergil all along had weapons with only 1/3rd of sparda's power, and the. 2/3rds when combined for dante and with the fruit and blood for vergil.

A sparda game may be too big a scope, as prime sparda would most likely be unstoppable with no sense of threat or danger. Plus it may feel underwhelming which would be worse. I think if they reboot, cover the twins as tony redgrave and gilver and even have a tutorial for them while young and learning they have powers etc.
Wouldn't a Sparda game just be him facing off against Mundus or Argosax (assuming Capcom is willing to acknowledge DMC 2)? He wouldn't really feel unstoppable against those guys.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Well he would against mundus because he beat him quite handy, and dante beat him again using a third of sparda's power with the sparda sword.

As for argosax, that fight happened after sparda had split his power which is why he needed help.

Dmc5 makes it clear sparda was stronger than all of us thought he was

windleopard

Well he would against mundus because he beat him quite handy, and dante beat him again using a third of sparda's power with the sparda sword.

As for argosax, that fight happened after sparda had split his power which is why he needed help.

Dmc5 makes it clear sparda was stronger than all of us thought he was
We haven't seen Sparda's battles with Mundus and Argosax, so we don't know how easy or difficult it was for him to defeat them.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Let’s not have another DMC reboot. Let Nero rise this time after the Sparda twins.

Plus a new cast to join the franchise!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Nero never worked for me so i rather retire him with the others and move on to a new cast.

the Qlipoth works as a metaphorical ground zero for new heroes and villians. The mobile game had a hunter's guild so id bring that over.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Nero on his own is not a good enough character to carry it on solo

He lacks the charisma and other factors for that, which is why i think they should have given nero a spin off series and left the main entries for dante who is still the fan favourite next to vergil.

If they were to reboot the series i would cut nero from the story in place of a different character. They may just to what resi did and remake the first 3 games though, which i would be all in on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom