• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will you...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I'm just curious.

Based on what you've seen or heard so far from the interviews and the trailers...

Will you be buying DmC when it comes out?

I know it's too early to tell just what kind of quality game it is going to be storywise or gameplay wise, but have you been convinced? Or put off buying it? At this point in time, do you feel/think you'll be buying this when it hits the stores?

Chrysander

Obviously too early to tell yeah, I mean all we have seen is a cutscene, not even gameplay. But due to the developer, I really don't see how this will be anything to compare to DMC3, I will be highly surprised if it is in the same league, so I doubt I will get it

icmasticc

Personally, I couldn't honestly answer. Every interview so far has been contradictory and NT/Capcom has basically been talking in circles. Only one teaser has been released that has been picked apart to microscopic levels only to reveal a huge load of nothing. Every word and piece of information concerning this game has been analyzed to near forensic levels and the results are obvious over-analyzation on the part of the fans and general gaming community.

The fan backlash was so terrible that NT and Capcom have resolved to sitting down with various game-related identities to have interviews in which they say the same thing they said the last with different words. Basically, Capcom and Ninja Theory are screwing with our heads and we're letting them.

The truth of the matter is, the game is being made one way or another. I'm a Devil May Cry fan to the end, but this is just ridiculous. The teaser was less than two minutes and this is the result. Nobody, and I mean nobody, can say anything about this game one way or another. The only thing we can do is sit and wait for actual new information and possibly a new trailer for the game.

With that said, I couldn't tell you if I'm gonna buy this game or not.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
.......I probably would even if we see more footage and it looks awful. I can't help but be curious to see what they've done to my favourite game series.

What do you think Lexy? ^_^

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'd buy it, even if it turns out to be nothing like the other DMC games. Maybe it'll be so different it'll be better.

moseslmpg

Given the amount of info we have right now, I can emphatically say no. I might rent it, but there will probably be too many good action games out by that time for me to really care anymore.

Of course, if new info comes out proving that this is the best DMC game ever, better than either DMC1 or DMC3, then I would buy it. And I'd pay for it with the gold bullion I'd be pooping out, which has about the same probability of happening.

I'd probably buy DMC5 though.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Despite us not knowing much about it, i'm already excited for this :D; so yeah I'm going to buy it :)

Dominus

Wait and see approach obviously. I didn't even buy DMC4 when it came out (though i didn't have a PS3 or Xbox360). I bought PS2 for DMC1, and I bought DMC3 when it launched. If you want to see what reviews DmC will get just look at enslaved, I'm sure that will be a good predictor. The thing that worries me is: Gameplay 7.0"Enslaved falls apart a bit in the play department, with loose controls and platforming that can occasionally lean toward autopilot."

Same score was also given to Heavenly Swords combat, noting how the battles get repetitive. They also mention low re-playability :/. A factor for how good the gameplay will be probably rest on how much influence Capcom's overseers will have on the game.

Chrysander

Dominus;279365 said:
Wait and see approach obviously. I didn't even buy DMC4 when it came out (though i didn't have a PS3 or Xbox360). I bought PS2 for DMC1, and I bought DMC3 when it launched. If you want to see what reviews DmC will get just look at enslaved, I'm sure that will be a good predictor. The thing that worries me is: Gameplay 7.0"Enslaved falls apart a bit in the play department, with loose controls and platforming that can occasionally lean toward autopilot."

Same score was also given to Heavenly Swords combat, noting how the battles get repetitive. They also mention low re-playability :/. A factor for how good the gameplay will be probably rest on how much influence Capcom's overseers will have on the game.
Yep! What they really need to do is look at DMC3, Godhand and Bayonetta for inspiration in terms of gameplay and mechanics, to get an interesting challenging combat system. But the thing is, they want a "Western" influence, which means inferior stuff such as Heavenly Sword, God of War, and all the rest of it which cannot compare to the hardcore games listed above in my opinion.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
it has me interested. i'll probably be checking reviews and trying the demo before i put money down for it, since it's more economical to wait a while these days.

Legendary Darkslayer

The Roguedemonhunter
I'll wait for a bit more info before I decide to buy it. Though I do want to play it just to see what it's like. I believe that there is a high chance I will buy it though, even if it is not similar to other DMCs.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Lexy;279314 said:
I'm just curious.

Based on what you've seen or heard so far from the interviews and the trailers...

Will you be buying DmC when it comes out?

No prizes for guessing my answer. It's a resounding no from this little fan.

And to be honest I don't see a heck of a lot they could do at this point to change my mind. At least not in any capacity that counts towards their sales figures. Might be a used purchase at the local play n'trade once the devs decide what they're doing with it.

But as far as a new buy or pre-order? Fat chance.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Ebony;279339 said:
.......I probably would even if we see more footage and it looks awful. I can't help but be curious to see what they've done to my favourite game series.

Me too.

What do you think Lexy? ^_^

What we've been shown (and given hints at) so far doesn't much excite me... and I'm not sure about the unreal engine and whether it'll make an improvement or not (and NT's reputation with the gameplay/controls of their games), but to be totally honest I'll probably buy anyway (at some point). It doesn't enthuse but so far it hasn't really ticked me off yet either... and I am curious about Dante's past. If we see more footage and it starts to look worse, then I'll be put off, but I don't buy many games at all any more. DMC5 and The Last Guardian were the only ones I was hoping for news on recently, really... my other favourite games series have also take turns for the worse in the last couple of years, so I won't be buying Metal Gear Solid Rising or any of those spinoffs.

I just ask because from the fan reaction so far (and so much outrage) I've still heard a lot of people say they're going to buy DmC - even though they're incensed! Which is win-win for CAPCOM.

I will keep a close eye on the DmC situation though. As gamers - and fans - it seems our only power to influence quality control in games comes from whether or not we bother to buy, so I do feel in a sense that if this DmC does turn out to be awful, then I should hold off as protest - make our voice heard so that CAPCOM won't continue down a route we don't want. I had hoped that the fans' outcry would be listened to by CAPCOM, but now from NT's further interviews in which they answer to the fans' reactions, I doubt they're going to go back on their decision over the general look and designs and Dante's appearance. Not after spending 'a year' coming up with it...? And from the things they say they sound committed to everything they've shown us so far... or that the fans' reactions don't mean much to them anyway.

If I do buy it'll almost certainly be a second-hand buy, so I might as well be saying "no" to CAPCOM's 5 million sales.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Lexy;279462 said:
Me too.

I just ask because from the fan reaction so far (and so much outrage) I've still heard a lot of people say they're going to buy DmC - even though they're incensed! Which is win-win for CAPCOM.

Yeah, good point :( it's like they know it will sell no matter what so let's 'experiment.' :(

Meg

At this point probably not. Unless they do something to really impress me this game is going on my infamous "I'll play it this summer list."

bobek388

Bobek388
Yeah why should you reward capcom and ninja theory for doing s**t like that?
Why would you give money for someone who f***ed up whole DMC?

I knew people will buy it, and capcom knew it too, even through they fu***d up the game, old fans will buy it, just because they will be curious or will want to see dante's past, and they will gain lot's of new fans because they'll make something new.
You won't see dante's past as it should be! Because it's a reboot.

Capcom and ninja theory are just commercial b***es

But I will wait and see if they'll change and improve DmC, but if they won't they can go and f*** themselves.

bobek388;279496 said:
Yeah why should you reward capcom and ninja theory for doing s**t like that?
Why would you give money for someone who f***ed up whole DMC?

I knew people will buy it, and capcom knew it too, even through they fu***d up the game, old fans will buy it, just because they will be curious or will want to see dante's past, and they will gain lot's of new fans because they'll make something new.
You won't see dante's past as it should be! Because it's a reboot.

Capcom and ninja theory are just commercial b***es

But I will wait and see if they'll change and improve DmC, but if they won't they can go and f*** themselves.

There is a thread for that kind of language and crying about new DMC called "Let it out people".
You didn´t have to post that here and go off topic :\.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom