• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why Metal gear Rising can't possibly be DMC5 (Or in place for DmC)

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
KqrQchi.jpg

People seem to miss the fact that the reason there is why some of us complains about swear words in DmC is because they never fit in the universe at all. DmC is taking it in another direction that doesn't suit the series and the swearing in DmC is just in there for the sake of being "mature".

MGR in other hand handles the swearing in a different way. In doesn't come across as forced and fits in the situations they are used in.

It's not hypocrisy, just ignorance of those who think some of us are just against swear words in general.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
KqrQchi.jpg

People seem to miss the fact that the reason there is why some of us complains about swear words in DmC is because they never fit in the universe at all. DmC is taking it in another direction that doesn't suit the series and the swearing in DmC is just in there for the sake of being "mature".

MGR in other hand handles the swearing in a different way. In doesn't come across as forced and fits in the situations they are used in.

It's not hypocrisy, just ignorance of those who think some of us are just against swear words in general.
I never said people were against it. I just said it seemed hypocritical that MGR can cuss in general, but DmC is considered unable to.

crush

You really like MGR don't you? I'm quite purplexed why you are even in this forum because you seem to be anti-DmC in almost every aspect...but meh, everyone has their own freedom.
Back to our discussion, you're just basically swinging opinions and with not a gram of facts. You can't possibly win a discussion with that.
DmC only made that take on their storyline and dialog because it suited him better. NT says so.
Raiden or the other characters can also swear anytime they like, they are betting their lives on the mission. What do you expect? Both games can swear at will, it's not us who judges, that's the companies role who make these games.

crush

Who is supposed to judge product if not a consumer?

The makers will hear from us then judge it out if it's legit.
If they say even a word that denies our opinions, then that's just the life.
Of course a product needs to sell. so it is likely they will put a frag of our sayings but if you're thinking every word you say is going to change a game...Capcom will just get ****ed off and stop making games.

ZeroLove

KqrQchi.jpg

But you forget, the world of DmC is not the same world we know from DMC, so therefore whether or not swearing fits into DmC's world is something the developers decide, not we as fans. And apparently, since swearing is a lot more used in DmC, not just by Dante, but by everyone in said world, then it does indeed fit into that world.

Ignorancy digs deeper than you say.

Martius

SSSmokin!
The makers will hear from us then judge it out if it's legit.
If they say even a word that denies our opinions, then that's just the life.
Of course a product needs to sell. so it is likely they will put a frag of our sayings but if you're thinking every word you say is going to change a game...Capcom will just get ****ed off and stop making games.
Oh right, because Capcom tactic is working right now.

crush

Oh right, because Capcom tactic is working right now.

Sadly,YES. They've done it many times...But it's quite known that it discourages an artist or maker to tell them what to do.
Don't forget the game industry (And the people who play their products) are a queer lot.

Edit: Here's a good example.

gamers: What the hell is this ****ty game! We ain't buying this!
company:...that's a pity. We will stop making the next sequel then...our ideas are screwed up and it won't make cash anyway.
gamers: Wha...!? STOP!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
But you forget, the world of DmC is not the same world we know from DMC, so therefore whether or not swearing fits into DmC's world is something the developers decide, not we as fans. And apparently, since swearing is a lot more used in DmC, not just by Dante, but by everyone in said world, then it does indeed fit into that world.

It's just fanboys looking for more sh!t to b!tch about. Simple as that. The game has always been called Devil May Cry and with a title like that it has every right not to be some lighthearted, kid friendly, title. It's almost like playing Grand Theft Auto and being shocked you are able to commit the felony that is in the title. Devil pretty much is the the ultimate perception of pure evil to people. Do they have to take a game who's entire concept revolves around demons from hell and turn it into a saturday morning cartoon you might see on nickelodeon or something? No. I expect a world completely ruled by demons to be full of sin. It all seems pretty much in context to the tale being told. Besides, I'm an adult who sure as seen worse than this even by my own free will. I knew what I bought when I bought DmC. I've seen far worse than this and DmC is a cute little puppy dog compared to other things that exist out there.

Plus they can't act like DMC was some mature masterpiece. Just look at this bs. DMC had such class didn't it? -_-

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
Ah, come on. Swearing in DmC, is not even THAT frequent. Dante swears a lot when he is teasing demons, because he freaking hates demons. The only time that the swearing in DmC actually comes across as forced is in "The Eye" mission, when they keep repeating the "something" Bastards all the time when talking about the harpys.

It's not like it takes dante out of character or anything. They basically just took DMC3 dante and gave him some "angst". The swearing is not even out of place, as you can see that don't actually swear that much when talking to Vergil or Kat, or even Phineas.

crush

It's a real wonder that most sexual scenes (Even scenes outright doing the stuff) looks less obscence than that. I really can't put my finger on it. Well...I guess that's the whole theme of DMC4 though. Being wierd.

Ah, come on. Swearing in DmC, is not even THAT frequent. Dante swears a lot when he is teasing demons, because he freaking hates demons. The only time that the swearing in DmC actually comes across as forced is in "The Eye" mission, when they keep repeating the "something" Bastards all the time when talking about the harpys.

It's not like it takes dante out of character or anything. They basically just took DMC3 dante and gave him some "angst". The swearing is not even out of place, as you can see that don't actually swear that much when talking to Vergil or Kat, or even Phineas.

Personally I though NT would have done their best worse. lol
I'm so surprised about the mild content. I mean...where is meh girlz wiz rockets on teh breasts!? DMC4 has them and DmC hasn't ! And it's being called more obscence than 4 ! What is this!

Martius

SSSmokin!
Sadly,YES. They've done it many times...But it's quite known that it discourages an artist or maker to tell them what to do.
Don't forget the game industry (And the people who play their products) are a queer lot.

Edit: Here's a good example.

gamers: What the hell is this ****ty game! We ain't buying this!
company:...that's a pity. We will stop making the next sequel then...our ideas are screwed up and it won't make cash anyway.
gamers: Wha...!? STOP!
For me not listening to your consumers at all is worst thing company can do. It looks like Capcom does not know how to handle their own franchise, they also misjudged RE6 projected sales by 2 mln. Lets change a survival horror series into shooter yay! I dont like way DMC franchise is going with that reboot, i can find other games to enjoy.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

They DON'T swear as frequent as the fanboys say it does. Actually when he was talking to the Harpies I heard him say "you flocking bastards." It reminded me of "flock of featherface." Overall DmC is rather tame when it comes to the bad words. They are definitely exaggerating.

crush

For me not listening to your consumers at all is worst thing company can do. It looks like Capcom does not know how to handle their own franchise, they also misjudged RE6 projected sales by 2 mln. Lets change a survival horror series into shooter yay! I dont like way DMC franchise is going with that reboot, i can find other games to enjoy.

Oh, don't get me wrong. They will and are listening to us. But they won't hear the extremes.
Well...the things that they think extreme always depends on the timing though...sigh. My megaman battle network was turned into something wierder than RE6 was you know...

Martius

SSSmokin!
Oh, don't get me wrong. They will and are listening to us. But they won't hear the extremes.
Well...the things that they think extreme always depends on the timing though...sigh. My megaman battle network was turned into something wierder than RE6 was you know...
Anyway i still mad at Capcom for not doing anything with Onimusha and their taking example for EA and Activision.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon

I said the series in overall.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
But DmC isn't part of the classic series...do you mean to say franchise? Because that still doesn't really work. When you establish a different world, many things can change. DmC's world is more contemporary and overall grittier than DMC's stylized and rather clean world.

Swearing is going to be a wholly opinion-based idea, but DmC's world was established as one very much like our own, where vulgarity is somewhat commonplace, and in Poison's case, used to accentuate her putrid nature.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
But DmC isn't part of the classic series...do you mean to say franchise? Because that still doesn't really work. When you establish a different world, many things can change. DmC's world is more contemporary and overall grittier than DMC's stylized and rather clean world.

Swearing is going to be a wholly opinion-based idea, but DmC's world was established as one very much like our own, where vulgarity is somewhat commonplace, and in Poison's case, used to accentuate her putrid nature.
It's just one of the things I personally don't like what NT did in DmC. Using swear words doesn't make anyone cool, yet alone the new Dante.

Martius

SSSmokin!

I dont have a problem with swearing, i like Tarantino movies because he know how to use them. On other hand DmC swearing looks for me like it was used only to tell "uhu how edgy this game is".

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
See this is a larger problem - people get ****y about the swearing in DmC because they think the intention was to be "edgy" and some other bullshit.

It wasn't, it was an unmitigated look at the exact cultures being portrayed and parodied in DmC. The punk movement was all about saying and doing whatever you felt, regardless of being "nice," if you wanted to swear, you swore, because it was usually an emphasis on contention or overall anger, and an off-handed refusal to bow to political correctness. Dante's use of vulgarity is based on that exact element - he absolutely hates demons for how they've ruined his life, and he finds no redeeming qualities. Dante literally has a contentious relationship with the demons (sans father), and that anger shows itself in raw violence, which he revels in, and how he speaks to them. He speaks less vulgar to other people, and actually cleans up his mouth a little bit around others, like Kat, out of respect it would seem. I actually knew a few people who could be considered actual "punks," and their behavior was easy to discern. It's just about saying and doing what you feel, regardless of how someone might be offended.

The antagonists' use of vulgarity accentuates different aspects of their character as well. Poison is vulgarity personified, and speaks as such. Barbas is a lot of bluster and hot air, and what little vulgarity he spews is from a standpoint of trying to sound superior (much like O'Reilly, whom he parodies, belittling people he disagrees with). Lilith's bit of vulgarity comes from a similar place of condescension, as does Mundus', where they literally think that everyone is beneath them, and it's incredibly foolish to challenge them and their 9000 year reign.

Dante responds to their behavior in kind, in his own way. It's that whole idea that while classic Dante responds to things with dry wit and horrible jokes, DmC Dante does so while seeped in anger. Dante's tiny "F#ck you" exchange with Poison is often blown out of proportion, and was both started and ended by Poison. Dante's one response there was really just a "Well, f#ck you too!"

But, this is all it is. It's something that's used in the real world quite a bit, usually out of exasperation or anger. To think it was all done just to sound edgy is really dumb. It's imposing an idea onto something that isn't there, just to be mad at it. I can only imagine that people who complain about it a) lived or still live very sheltered lives, or b) are just complaining to complain.

Top Bottom