• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why is Vergil in the comic so diffrent from the Vergil in the game?

TheNoHeartedBeing

Ok so i have read the comics finally and iv come across something that is very strange. Vergil in the comics is quite powerful and he also has feeling for Kat. Let me show you.

Lets start off with the strenth of Vergil.

View attachment 433
In the image above Vergil slices about 4 demons and a Tyrant (yes that disturbing creature is a tyrant)At the same time but this isnt even all. Well get back to his power after i tell you guys about his feelings for Kat.

View attachment 434
In the Image above Vergil is concerned for Kats well being. He was never concerned about her well being in the game. Matter the fact he was willing to let her die countless times.

View attachment 435
In the Image above Vergil says "Not without you! Like you said we're a team....I Need your powers, and....." Kat interrupts him though. You can see Vergil clearly cares about Kat. He loves her and i have proof.
View attachment 436

That seems like a kiss to me lol.

Now back to his powers. After Kat perishes Vergil gets ****ed at these certain types of demons. These demons are called onyx. They guard the prison. Now these demons are super power full. Every demon is afraid of them. Im not sure about the moonrunners.

View attachment 440

In the image above are demons cowering away from the onyx.

View attachment 441
Here Vergil starts to unleash his powers after Kat passes out. The outcome of Vergil's rage is the.....View attachment 442
DEVIL TRIGGER!!!!View attachment 443View attachment 444
In this image Vergil Destroys Onyxes in one blow.

Alright, so i have shown all of you guys Vergils feelings for Kat and also his true power but this still leaves one question. Why didnt Vergil activate Devil Trigger while fighting Dante at the end of the game. Some people say that Vergil's Dooplehanger is his DT but its not. What you witness in this picture above is his DT. So why did Vergil hold back mmmmm.

Also im pretty sure this comic is cannon because at the end of the comic it says "to be continued in DmC the video game"

DankestDarkness

Wondering sprit from hell
Damn vergil looks way stronger in the comic than the game and he has feelings wonder why he was so angry at Kat at the end this would explain why Kat wanted vergil to live

TheNoHeartedBeing

Something had to happen to him which switched his mentality in the comics didnt Kat say the devil trigger takes away your humanity the more you use it
Yeah i thought about that. Vergil only used the DT in the comic as a last resort against the onyx. So i guess he didn't use DT that much before this comic and most likely not much after the comic. The reason i don't think he used DT as much is because he would have used it to defeat Dante at the end of DmC the video game.

Story

This.is.awesome, Vergil sane? and has feeling? He was my fav character for a long time now, tough his "habits" like his apathy were one of his most condemning qualities, this is exactly the dept he would have needed in the game to be likeable (even more likeable than Dante, again) In the game he is just "that guy who is a douche and has a ****ed up world view and you are supposed to hate" Here, well i didn't read the comic yet but he seems quite the hero type. And what I like even more, it was discussed before that Dante may only be stronger because in the end he is fighting for something, protecting something, and has emotion(bit of a cliché), while Vergil is just... give me more power, poker face *repeat* (classic entries, tough this game is going in that direction)
But here, not only is he by default stronger than Dante (I mean cmon, 1 shotting a tyrant from head on? not even in heaven and hell mode) he has the potential to become so much more, I wonder if at the end of Vergil's downfall he will regain his memories and make this game a weird love triangle, tough the "downfall" title forshadowes something worse for him, that i don't like...

P.S.: Where did you read the comic? Is it available for digital download?

DankestDarkness

Yeah i thought about that. Vergil only used the DT in the comic as a last resort against the onyx. So i guess he didn't use DT that much before this comic and most likely not much after the comic. The reason i don't think he used DT as much is because he would have used it to defeat Dante at the end of DmC the video game.
But the game gave him a doppelgänger and he was still weaker than Dante in every way it just seems they made Dante a god co pared to his own brother well if it wasn't the DT what changed him

TheNoHeartedBeing

But the game gave him a doppelgänger and he was still weaker than Dante in every way it just seems they made Dante a god co pared to his own brother well if it wasn't the DT what changed him
I forgot to mention that Vergil did use dopplehanger in the comic but before he used his DT thats how i know dopplehanger isnt his DT. I agree on you with them making Dante out to be stronger then Vergil it dosnt even make sense because Vergil mastered DT before Dante.

Angelo Moreira

Vergil_Angelo
well in the game he didnt dislike Kat he simply puts priority on his goals,that means him and Dante.if I recall he quite likes her

TheNoHeartedBeing

This.is.awesome, Vergil sane? and has feeling? He was my fav character for a long time now, tough his "habits" like his apathy were one of his most condemning qualities, this is exactly the dept he would have needed in the game to be likeable (even more likeable than Dante, again) In the game he is just "that guy who is a douche and has a ****** up world view and you are supposed to hate" Here, well i didn't read the comic yet but he seems quite the hero type. And what I like even more, it was discussed before that Dante may only be stronger because in the end he is fighting for something, protecting something, and has emotion(bit of a cliché), while Vergil is just... give me more power, poker face *repeat* (classic entries, tough this game is going in that direction)
But here, not only is he by default stronger than Dante (I mean cmon, 1 shotting a tyrant from head on? not even in heaven and hell mode) he has the potential to become so much more, I wonder if at the end of Vergil's downfall he will regain his memories and make this game a weird love triangle, tough the "downfall" title forshadowes something worse for him, that i don't like...

P.S.: Where did you read the comic? Is it available for digital download?
I honestly torrented the comic. I coudlnt wait any longer to read it :{.

I got the torrent from these links

http://kat.ph/dmc-devil-may-cry-the-chronicles-of-vergil-01-2013-dcp-digi-t7034275.html

http://pirateshit.com/torrent/81135..._The_Chronicles_of_Vergil_02_(2013)_(DCP-Digi

I used a program called comical to read the comics.

DankestDarkness

I forgot to mention that Vergil did use dopplehanger in the comic but before he used his DT thats how i know dopplehanger isnt his DT. I agree on you with them making Dante out to be stronger then Vergil it dosnt even make sense because Vergil mastered DT before Dante.
Well if that's the case then why they didnt make vergil more powerful to the point where vergil was killing Dante and the only reason he would win is by having help from Kat using a spell cause in the game the white hair symbolizes you have unlocked your inner devil vergil been had it so his DT should be way stronger than Dante's

TheNoHeartedBeing

well in the game he didnt dislike Kat he simply puts priority on his goals,that means him and Dante.if I recall he quite likes her
on The final cut scene on home truths when Dante finally realizes who he is, Vergil smiles at Kat like (yes i got my brother back). Thats the most love i saw Vergil give Kat in the game.

TheNoHeartedBeing

Well if that's the case then why they didnt make vergil more powerful to the point where vergil was killing Dante and the only reason he would win is by having help from Kat using a spell cause in the game the white hair symbolizes you have unlocked your inner devil vergil been had it so his DT should be way stronger than Dante's
Thats what i dont understand lol. Im confused on why Vergil didn't use his DT on Dante. The only thing i can think of is that he didn't want to hurt his brother.

Top Bottom