• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WHY?!?!?!? For the love of god why?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
How would him having a kid at a young age make him look bad? I mean, in the events of DMC3 he was 19 or 18 right? so how could him having a kid in this age area be a negative?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
They did make a personalised story for him - 2 cutscenes' worth about meeting Arkham and showing off his moves in slowmo.

The rest of the time Vergil's mainly standing around, waiting. I suppose there's that bit where he falls down into the hole after Temen-Ni-Gru activates that they could have done something with, but otherwise, Vergil's story isn't as exciting as Dante's. They could have just put the cutscenes from Dante's game into Vergil's where it concerned Vergil.

Although I do think they should have at least created a 'Dante' to fight instead of Vante. That was cheap.

Sparda™

Vergil will be back. Capcom won't give a **** If its game designers/creators don't like him. It's a huge fanbase out there, which needs him back. He was left unexplored and has potential. All the ones who disagree, either dislike Vergil, or are too shortsighted to seize the fact that It could be a nice twist to the storyline.

Devil May Cry could revive and energize itself. They tried It with Nero, but people kept wondering who the **** Nero was. They didn't even give the kid enough innovative and fresh moves. Instead they got repetitive and boring after a while. If It wasn't for Dante's addition as a playable character in the main storyline, DMC4 would have been a worser game than It already is.

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
@Lexy: Vante only serves to make the story even more confusing, since Vergil is doing exactly what Dante was doing in the story... and since when does Vergil ever do anything that smacks of Dante? XD

@Sparda: I think Capcom would get the message soon... this is a great chance to give fans what they want, and make good money while they're at it. :D

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
How is something everyone is hoping for a nice twist? Everyone knows there is a good chance Vergils's return is coming in some way or another it's just a question of if it will happen or not.
I don't dislike Vergil he was the most badass character in the whole series but that doesn't change the fact that he is dead. Maybe after jumping to the quite obvious conclusion when I first saw it has stuck with me for so long the idea of him not being dead just doesn't add up.

The only way that wouldn't be totally nonsensical is if he comes back as a ghost and with me if it isn't Vergil in his own body it's not worth it. Go nuts with the prequels but as far as sequels go it just doesn't seem to make sense.

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
That would depend on how Capcom brings him back, if he's appearing in a sequel. If they're making a prequel (whether to explain Nero's origins or to explain what happened to Vergil before DMC3), then it's their story.

Meg

Honestly, I can't see capcom making a full DMC game about Vergil. Yes he has potential, but the plot has moved away from him that to bring him back would hold up everything else. If they do make a game about him I'd rather it was a mini DMC with like 5-7ish levels released on the PSN and Xbox Live. I think that would be the smartest thing to do.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
^ Urghh that topic bores the pants off me too.

Anyhoo I say just make a game about the one and only Vante! = everyones happy! :p

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vante... You know, I think the first one to say that was some guy on GameFAQs and then it just kinda took off from there. Vante has a nice ring to it, though. Maybe I should name my kid Vante. :p

The opposite end of the spectrum, Dergil, is Dante wearing a blue coat. :p

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm not insulting Vergil. It was just a joke. Although, you could use it as a combining of the word "Dirge", which means a sorrowful song, and the name "Vergil".

Meg

Ebony;213369 said:
^ Urghh that topic bores the pants off me too.

Anyhoo I say just make a game about the one and only Vante! = everyones happy! :p

Now there's an idea! who knows, maybe we'll find out vante is nero's daddy!

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Insulting Vergil thing was a joke too...
I love a good Dirge...

@meg: now that's something I'd be happy with...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Playing as Vante... That would certainly be different. We should all make a backstory for Vante, just for the hell of it. Who has a good idea? BESIDES the "Vante is Nero's father" thing.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Vante is a clone of both twins gone wrong... twice as powerful and more insane... He wants to ruin the boys images... teaming up with Mundus and making love to prostitutes...

How that for a story

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I said he ISN'T Nero's father. That would be just TOO messed up. I like to believe that when Sparda "died" is when Nero just kinda... Popped into existence. No mother, no father, just a pure reincarnation with a human form and demonic strength. And he's easy to **** off.

Vante being a clone gone wrong would work. Now we need to make someone crazy enough to attempt to get a DNA sample...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
All of my suspicions put into one little name. :p Had a feeling, and yeah, he is kinda crazy. How do you survive a gunshot to the head, though...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom