• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WHY?!?!?!? For the love of god why?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
Alright imagine me, a 12 year old boy and a newbie to the devil may cry series. I buy the first DMC game i ever owned with my allowance. (Dante's Awakening- non-special edition) I play it for a while, get semi good at it and junk like that. Then about a year later here comes Devil May Cry 3 Dante's Awakening: Special Edition. Here I go thinking "Yeah!!! Vergil's a playable character!!" then when I go to buy it I use the little cheat code to unlock Vergil right off the bat.

So i pick vergil, normal mode, and the cutscene ensues... I watch them both. (Now in my 12 year old mind I assumed Vergil had his own story mode, and cutscenes. Then Capcom made me look like a douche bag.) The first mission appears, and it says crazy party... just like Dante's story mode <.<; then i click start. IT"S THE SAME DAMN THING!!! I took DMC3 special edition out of my ps2 and hurled it out of my window. What a piece of trash.

Now from that short little story about a boys dreams being crushed by those lazy bastards over at capcom, I still can't help but wonder. Why in god's beautiful name didnt they make vergil a story mode. OMFG and when i went outside to get it and play as vergil I get to the boss fight mission 7 thinking im gonna fight Dante because the guy is red. How wrong I was again... it's just Vergil... in RED. VERGIL IN RED!!!!! WTF they couldn't even make Dante the boss for Vergil's story. SO SCREW DMC3 SPECIAL EDITION!! TOTAL FAILURE AT MAKING A GAME... try again next time.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
The "Vergil" in red is named Vante. He faps to Dante and Vergil moar than I do.

Can you tell I hated Vergil's story mode, too?

aka958

Don't trust people
What?
Mission 1: Activate temen-mi-gru.
Mission 2: Standing atop the tower.
Mission 3: Standing atop the tower.
Mission 4: Get a snack.
Mission 5: Play around.
Mission 6: Kill time.
Mission 7: Twin rival arrival. (took your time!)
Mission 8: Through the hallways.
Mission 9: One obstacle at the time
Mission 10: No use for the weak. (finishing off Arkham)
Mission 11: Preperations for the blood ritual. (Fight vs. Beowulf)
Mission 12: Why isn't it working?!
Mission 13: Brother, give me thy blood!

I'll update later on as it actually gets interesting after mission 13!

Sparda™

aka958;212743 said:
What?
Mission 1: Activate temen-mi-gru.
Mission 2: Standing atop the tower.
Mission 3: Standing atop the tower.
Mission 4: Get a snack.
Mission 5: Play around.
Mission 6: Kill time.
Mission 7: Twin rival arrival. (took your time!)
Mission 8: Through the hallways.
Mission 9: One obstacle at the time
Mission 10: No use for the weak. (finishing off Arkham)
Mission 11: Preperations for the blood ritual. (Fight vs. Beowulf)
Mission 12: Why isn't it working?!
Mission 13: Brother, give me thy blood!

I'll update later on as it actually gets interesting after mission 13!

This.

What the hell would you do If you'd play EXACTLY Vergil's part in the story. He didn't do what Dante did, so Capcom went with logic this way. As unusual as It may see to anyone, It was the only way they'd implement Vergil as a playable character.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
I have no idea because they didn't make a personalized story mode for him. I'm sure that it wouldn't be as redundant as you think though.

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
I feel your pain, really. I was actually pretty excited when I heard that they made Vergil a playable character... and then I actually tried it out. The disappointment was crushing... Capcom should've done better than this!

aka958

Don't trust people
What the hell? You could play as Nelo Angelo too. It was just a friggin' special edition, a special edition does not double the games chapters.
Think of it...

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
True, true, but think of the potential that Vergil has as a player character with his own story... I thought Capcom would be pretty fast on the uptake and use this chance to get the most out of it. I guess their laziness triumphed in the end.

aka958

Don't trust people
Whatever. Complain as you wish, we still got Vergil, why does he need his own missions? He obiously doesn't do that much, he leaves the guardians to Dante and just walks and makes Arkham open all doors...

Nelo Angelo, Vergil, it's pretty much for a low price special edition. And you wanted more? Then it would have been a Devil May Cry 3 expansion with complete cutscenes and complete new story that DOUBLES the whole gameplay, not even an expansion doubles the gameplay of a game.
It's like the remakes of Final Fantasy, only a new dungeon was added for Final Fantasy I for the PSP and one for Final Fantasy II. It's like I would say: I wanted 10 new dungeons! I bet Square was lazy.

You could play as Vergil and Nelo Angelo, you want more? Do it yourself, you just wait for a new game all the time and you call those who does lazy?

Those working at Capcom is WORKING there, it is their JOB, they get PAID for it. Someone creating games for a living is not lazy, they are usually on a deadline and got lots and lots to do all the time. Stop calling them lazy, you don't have a clue of what it takes to do all that programming.

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
Whoa, hey, I'm not arguing with you. Chill out. It's just that I think it's a potential that has gone untapped. Maybe Capcom will make a game that is all about Vergil one day. Who's to say?

The only thing I'm unhappy about is that I had to buy two games that are fundamentally the same except for extra features... had I known a Special Edition was coming out I'd have waited.

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
^ I second that notion.

But Capcom will be walking on eggshells if they're planning on making a game about Vergil... they won't be able to retcon anything without triggering an avalanche from the fanbase... and they can't make him go out of character. Not that it would hurt sales; I would buy any game that is totally about Vergil, but the reception would be negative.

noelttub

Are you serious? Before I got the special edition, I just expected Vergil to swap places with Dante in his story mode. I didnt expect much more considering that Vergil does nothing but follow Arkham and clear the path of enemies. Its not like Capcom ripped you off. They did a pretty good job with making Vergil's moves.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
HEY HEY!!!

I agree that Vergil's story sucked BIG TIME... But, i really don't care.
I'm just glad sony had a change of heart and let Capcom release in in the UK.
If the fans didn't kick up so much, we wouldn't have had it.

Sony Europe don't believe in selling games with extra content cheaper than the original version. That's how UBI Soft released it on PC.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
What they should have done is what they did with Resident Evil 4 Separate Ways.

Vergil didn't take an active enough part in the story to allow him more than about 7 missions but I would have much rather have done 7 meaningful missions than feeling like I have used some kind of weird hack, it was boring even if it was Vergil.
Plus they could have actually brought Nelo Angelo into the story as he went around in the underworld using his new power to take care of Mundus' rivals. Like how in Revenge of the Sith Anakin got to work taking out the separatist leaders.

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
@noelttub: I agree that Capcom did a great job with Vergil's moves and the Dark Slayer style. It's just that I feel... never mind. I'd be repeating my earlier post. :D

@VB: I wouldn't even call it a story, seeing as Capcom merely replaced Dante with Vergil and Vergil with Vante. Which made Vergil's story really weird. o_O

@Darth Angelo: I agree. Heck, give me three missions that are solely Vergil... just three missions... I'd be happy. And I like what you said about Nelo Angelo going around slotting Mundus' rivals. XD I guess Capcom didn't want to deviate from Dante too much.

Truth be told, if Capcom wants to kill two birds with one stone (i.e. make the fans happy, AND make big money), they could make a game on Vergil... serious potential there.

Meg

I wasn't surprised that Vergil's missions were the same since I read the reviews before I bought it. I actually didn't mind playing the same game twice. Its that good. I also agree that Vergil having a few of his own missions instead of replacing dante would have been awesome. we could have seen and gained more understanding of his character and it would have exposed an entire new level of the plot. but its easier and less money to do it the way they did instead of basically making a whole new game.

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
True. Can't ask too much for a Special Edition, I guess. DMC5 is most likely focusing on Nero's origins, which means that all of us Vergil fans will have to wait at least 5 to 10 years for his very own game...

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
If one is even created. I mean, at this point I don't think that Capcom is going to go back and focus on Vergil after having such an interesting character as Nero. Maybe Vergil will have a few appearances when Nero's story is being explained (I'm holding on to the theory that Vergil is his DADDY, which is higly plausable btw!) though I highly doubt anything further.

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
Ach, too bad. I was hoping for a game about Vergil. BTW, I'm anti-Vergil-is-Nero's-dad-theory. XD Because it's not like him to go around creating kids with some woman. Then again, if he was finding a way to get his full demonic powers, he might do all kinds of things. He'd be the wrong age, though. And Capcom will end up making him look bad. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom