• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why Does Vergil Have Force Edge?

No New Campaign?

• Vergil transformed the Sparda back into Force Edge after stealing it from Trish.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Edit: Force Edge looked a lot like Alastor in the trailer. Too bad.

At least he has Beowulf back in his repertoire. Maybe Capcom will explain what happened to him after DMC1. Or even after DMC4.

So, is it true that our favorite evil twin won't have his own campaign? I really hope that that won't be the case, but who knows?

--------------------------------------------------

Nero looks like he'll have his own real-time combos with the Devil Bringer. If that's true, then almost everything about him is forgiven. Almost.

Last edited:

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
It is clearly Force Edge.
SUGNV8z.png

And the other one is clearly Beowulf.
OQG8qas.jpg

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Ah, well. Either Vergil morphs the Sparda back into Force Edge, or we'll have no new campaign.

Crazy how that smoke makes FE look more bat-like, though.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Maybe it takes place before DMC4, somehow? Maybe we will learn how did Yamato end up broken.
I want to imagine that Dante mission was for only tutorial purposes...

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
It seems to dark for Force Edge. Maybe Vergil made a copy of it out of Nelo's Zweihander? That would explain why it has black smoke around it, right?

I still hope for Vergil to have his own story.

pepodmc

Because vergil gameplay will not be cannon, only the 2 cutscenes will be cannon (he goes to fortuna before dmc3, on DMC4:SE page says that)

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Gameplay seems to be uncanon.

Edit: In fact I suspect Vergil's part of the story will be even before DMC3 manga.

Last edited:

Weiss Schnee

Would be pretty cool if Vergil got his own cutscenes in his story aside from the standard Opening and Ending ones like in DMC3: Special Edition. Kinda like how Bladewolf and Jetstream sam visited familiar areas but still got their own cutscenes in Metal Gear Rising.

Could tell us a bit about how he has those weapons giving us a good idea on where it's set time wise.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Would be pretty cool if Vergil got his own cutscenes in his story aside from the standard Opening and Ending ones like in DMC3: Special Edition.

To be fair, even an actual opening and an actual ending cutscenes would be better than what we got in DMC3 SE. There, Vergil only got two opening scenes, no ending.

But yeah, a full short story would be cool. So far, it doesn't seem to be the case though. But even if they are two cutscenes, I hope they are meaningful, story wise. From what they showed in the trailer and the previous teaser, it seems they are.

Weiss Schnee

Forgot he had two opening ones, it's been a while since I played as Vergil in 3.
iirc the Vergil story in 3 (what little of it there was) didn't really add anything. Vergil was just there for fun.

DMC4:SE seems a bit more ambitious with Vergil, so we'll just have to see what we get.

Top Bottom