• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why does everyone say that Lucifer is a good weapon?

aka958

Don't trust people
^A pit where it couldn't get out? I don't remember any pits where the enemies fell into. Where was that?

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
i can't remember i think it was a glitch.....yeah a hole in the ground apeared and the walls dissapeared it was where you fight berial for the second time(where you fight berial for the first time as well)

Lexx

Devil Hunter
I use Lucifer when surrounded.
It's the excellent weapon for that.

I also use it on Fausts, it's an excellent weapon against them too.

With Lucifer I can quickly dispose of a group of demons.

Anyway, I mostly play Rebellion/Gilgamesh with Trickster and switching to Swordmaster for Rebellion air combo and Gilgamesh's falcon punch.

I like variety though, so I use Gunsligner sometimes (mostly at the flying swords with E&I)

And when things get ugly... Royal Guard and some Dreadnaught = win.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Why do you think I used Dreadnought as my name/avatar? Because it's just that damn awesome. :D

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
it certintly looks cool but when i used it it seemed like dante moved alot slower. ( i don't know if it was just my imagination or if dante's speed actually changed)

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
Well he actually is a lot slower when in Dreadnaught form. Truthfully, and this in no way is a shot at you DT or your avi and/or tour username, but Dreadnaught is useless... and really just a waste of time. Sure you're invincible but you're slower and I like taking out enemies as quickly as possible in DMC4.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You know there's a glitch that puts you in Dreadnought form permanently until you devil trigger or change weapons. Do the Dreadnought move like normal, then, when Dante changes back, change your weapon just as the flash starts. You'll end up staying in Dreadnought form, but you can move freely. Unfortunately, it's only a graphical glitch, meaning no invincibility, but oh well. It looks cool. :\

aka958

Don't trust people
^I know, it's a cool glitch.

HQQR, you know he does his moves just as fast as before?
The stinger, kick 13, pin-up all goes at the same speed, the combos too.

All he does is walk a little slower, as long as your in fighting range of your enemies you can still wreak havoc at the same speed with the Dreadnought.

One more thing, it is not rendered useless because you say so. It is in the game for a reason, it's the same with the lucifer. It is for those who like that style.
"I don't like moving slow so it is a useless move".

It's like saying: "I don't like playing Cloud in Dissidia since he is so slow, so he is useless".

Sparda™

aka958;213564 said:
^I know, it's a cool glitch.

HQQR, you know he does his moves just as fast as before?
The stinger, kick 13, pin-up all goes at the same speed, the combos too.

All he does is walk a little slower, as long as your in fighting range of your enemies you can still wreak havoc at the same speed with the Dreadnought.

One more thing, it is not rendered useless because you say so. It is in the game for a reason, it's the same with the lucifer. It is for those who like that style.
"I don't like moving slow so it is a useless move".

About time you'd spawn some good opinions. Gotta love your recent posts. :D

Dreadnought makes you walk slow, but you're as lethal and as fast as without It.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You can attack when you have Dreadnought active? I had NO clue you could do that!

And Shonan has a point. Killing Blitzes and Cutlasses with the Lucifer is not recommended...

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
DreadnoughtDT;214279 said:
You can attack when you have Dreadnought active? I had NO clue you could do that!

And Shonan has a point. Killing Blitzes and Cutlasses with the Lucifer is not recommended...

did you never hit any of the attack buttons with dreadnought active.

neloangelosal

i think it's a cool weapon,and it's simple too.attack the the demons with the arrows then throw the rose at them and watch them blow

Sharki

I think it's a cool weapon, it's got style. Okay the damage is not that high, but when that's why you can throw multiple arrows. Also the arrows ignore the shield of Bianco Angelo and Alto Angelo,that's a nice feature in my eyes.

CodeBreaker_Kiwi

You Think You Know Me
XD "in the end we're all satisfied, *claps* you are set free* - Dante DMC4

XD Dante dosen't take DMC4 seriously at all, lucifer is awesome when its powered up

aka958

Don't trust people
DreadnoughtDT;214279 said:

Blitzes? When you've taken away their lightning try getting 3x pin ups on them and use that. Immediatly I mean, since when you've "decloaked" it then the blitz usually does a kind of taunt before attacking. Good for you to get an awesome hit of either rising dragon or 3x pin up.

Top Bottom