• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why does everyone say that Lucifer is a good weapon?

Sparda™

Lucifer was added as a reward to pro players of the Devil May Cry series and also as a balance, since Nero's Devil Bringer gave to the beginners and amateurs of the series more safety and delivered plenty of damage to get away with.

Lucifer's main goal is crowd control. It is also the most stylish and exotic Devil Arm Dante has ever used in-game, at least.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sparda™;206827 said:
Lucifer's main goal is crowd control. It is also the most stylish and exotic Devil Arm Dante has ever used in-game, at least.

What with the speech he gave when using it, verrrry stylish and ...ahem...exotic. :wub: LOL

DT, can I like PAY you to get through mission 11 for me? I suck at it so bad, and I dunno why! Stupid Sanctus in his stupid bubble and his stupid stupid fugly statue...grrrrr...

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
:wub:I'm totally a converted Lucifer fan now.....now that I've figured out what it does - thanks to you guys!!!:wub:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
clairavance;206891 said:
What with the speech he gave when using it, verrrry stylish and ...ahem...exotic. :wub: LOL

DT, can I like PAY you to get through mission 11 for me? I suck at it so bad, and I dunno why! Stupid Sanctus in his stupid bubble and his stupid stupid fugly statue...grrrrr...

I'm not sure if I can get to where you are, but if I could, I'd certainly help. Everyone says Sanctus is so hard. Why? :\

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Yeah, I hated the bubble too - very annoying. I like a satisfying fight and he was just annoying!

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
DreadnoughtDT;207100 said:
I'm not sure if I can get to where you are, but if I could, I'd certainly help. Everyone says Sanctus is so hard. Why? :\

Until I discovered a way of getting round it, not only does he hide in a bubble, he runs away like a coward as much as he can. A majority of my first fight with him consisted of me trying to simply get close enough to hit him with my sword. *snatch* *snatch* *snatch* *snatch* *snatch* *snatch* "KEEP STILL!" :lol:

But now I lay off the snatch and wait for him to do that wave attack of the floor and jump over it. While he is finishing you can snatch him and he won't run away right off the bat.

aka958

Don't trust people
^ I think this is a little off topic, but I'll help you.
Lay off the snatch ability at all and go forward and jump towards him. I remember him flying away when you snatched him but not as often as when you ran towards him.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
Pssh though imo Nero gets the job done way better than dante *cough* devil bringer FTW!!!~ *cough* for the useless waste of time spent in dmc4 using dante i prefer to get some air combo action going and for that i use lucifer and pandora.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I also think Nero gets the job done much faster than Dante. Nero is much stronger than Dante in this game, and it shows in the fighting style.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
I couldn't have phrased it better myself. Nero's abilities IMO are a lot more efficient for dispatching demons than Dante. Plus using the buster moves on bosses and regular enemies alike makes the battles a little more epic.

aka958

Don't trust people
Yeah as you said HQQR, in your opinion.

DT, what the hell? Nero is stronger than Dante in this game? Dude, you stated that as a FACT, not as your opinion.

Dante is stronger than Nero, story wise. Gameplay wise it's all about how awesome you are with the characters.

I HATE Nero, I can't stress that enough. He's a little piece of **** doing nothing but repetitive moves. Only one devil arm, one buster attack per enemy, one spamming gun with not that much of use than the charge shot.

Yeah, the buster move makes it more epic to play the game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhYeJZOPYnE

Watch, this is repetetive already, whats epic with it?

Look, what would Nero do if Dante didn't save him?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeVws-0iHcA&feature=related

And what would Nero do if Dante didn't start all this because he was bored?

Look what somebody said on the youtube vid, I couldn't agree more:

m415mike:
I figured out why they put Nero in the game. Someone came up with the idea of the DB and it was too cool not to implement. The only dilemma was, if they gave Dante the power of the DB, they would have to change his name to God and risk getting sued by all the religious fanatics.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
i have played and completed dmc4 for my freind but what is lucifer i don't remember the names

aka958

Don't trust people
Lucifer?

Here goes:

-Savior-;132004 said:
Yeah, it looks just like a helmet with two horns and a rose.

LuciferWeaponCloseUp.jpg

Found that on google! Sweet! It leaded straight to this site, how big are the odds?

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
This thread helped me not to get frustrated with Lucifer and now I use it loads when I play! It is very cool. :)

aka958

Don't trust people
Knew it! You'll just have to try different variations of it.

I just tried Artemis + Nevan in DMC3 and I think they are a perfect combination.

Sparda™

If you're an amateur and you like Quick Time Event moves, use Nero and watch as you do EXACTLY nothing. Just press the Devil Bringer button, sit back and enjoy the animation.

Thanks but, no thanks.

I enjoy Dante, way more professional, more variations and combinations and a lot more stylish.

aka958

Don't trust people
^This!

Exactly!
Quick time events, boring and annoying as hell.
Devil bringer and it's animations, repetetive and tiresome.
Nero's arsenal of moves, extremely repetetive and it makes me wanna take out the DMC4 disc and throw it out the window hoping some dogs that are going to be put to sleep and then burned to ashes finds it and eats it.

No, not really, I know that Dante is still in there. Even if it isn't that much I know he is there to make the whole game feel more funny, eventful, happy, and non repetetive.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
If your in DT you can both use the swords to either add damage or keep surrounding enemies from attacking you while you are vulnerable, also some attacks can be extended by tapping the buster button. Or maybe even use the time to charge up your charge shot for after it's finished.

But yeah it doesn't exactly require skill once you know it's there you just have to tap buttons like your playing track and field.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
i think i remember lucifer yeah i kept firing it everywhere

and an enemy got in the way got pinned to the wall then fell in to a pit where he couldent get out:lol:

Top Bottom