• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WHY do you want a DMC5 for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
That's cool buddy.

Let's agree to disagree.

Are we still friends though?
shikabane-hime-aka-episode-1-sad-girl.jpg

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
The reboot is still devil may cry, it's not the death of it.

Why can't people share what they thought was wrong with the old series so if they do make a DMC5 they can improve upon their past mistakes? Not every critic is filled with bullshit or hate. People can complain about the reboot all they want because criticism when it's constructive is a good thing. When it's not constructive I agree that it can sound childish and dumb but don't let it get to you. With that said if you think whatever I'm saying sounds like an excuse than I'll just say let DMC die and let DmC live instead.

People change..... and who is to say they're not passionate about a DMC5 anymore? you can't put everyone into the same box.

Some people did ask for a reboot after DMC4. Although, I didn't care one way or the other. I just wanted something better than DMC4. I only really loved DMC1 and thought DMC3 was ok.

There have been many things I disliked about the characters in the old series and still loved the games, not liking the way some characters are written is not a bad thing.

World hunger is depressing not video game reboots. I also think DmC can possibly bring more fans to the older series and help keep it alive. Who knows? it might have faded into obscurity and died a horrible death from being dragged on too long with the same old formula. I would rather let something I love rest in peace than be completely destroyed.

Well, people should never insult each other, it's just immature but insulting a fictional character is not really a big deal in my opinion. If someone makes a comment you find stupid or you just don't agree with, you shouldn't let it bother you.
What? Are you kidding me? This is a reboot. It's starting fresh. It's abandoning/replacing what came before it, most notably its established characters and story. Yes, this reboot is still DMC in spirit, but it's still very different from the old series. Which is why some people, myself included, want it back. It's just not the same. Understand that please.

That's not the problem. The old series wasn't perfect, yes, people have every right to point out its flaws. But everyone here does it in a negative light. They point out the flaws as a reason for Capcom -NOT- to do a DMC5, and so they can roll with DmC. See the difference? I mean, I'm not letting that get to me, but it just boggles my mind. The majority of this forum now has a "Out with the old, in with the new" mindset. :/ It's not what it used to be.

Yes, people change. To better, not to worse. This isn't for the better, in my honest opinion. I mean, what do we gain from this? All Capcom succeeded in doing was splitting its fan base in half. And lol, bro? Did you see the poll on here that asked if we could have a DMC5 or DmC2? DmC2 was ahead by twenty more votes. I don't know about you, but that says a lot.

Regardless if people asked for a reboot after DMC4, that doesn't mean you mean you ditch what you already have. Chances are, those asking for a reboot, were in the minority. I honestly did not see a single DMC fan ask for one. That was the wrong move. The whole point of DmC was to gain more fans. What have they gained besides death threats, a split fan base, and loss of sales? More bad than good came out of DmC, whether you like that or not.

That's fine, man. Example: One of the posters around here is constantly lushing out hate for Dante, yet at the same time claims to be a veteran fan of the series. Which, to me, makes little to no sense, considering Dante is what makes Devil May Cry. Even in gameplay elements. It's hard to conceive because the majority of DMC fans didn't love DMC only for its gameplay, they loved its characters and story. How are you a veteran fan of a series where the gameplay is the only thing you like? I smell bullshit.

I know what's depressing and I know what isn't. I'm passionate about gaming and Devil May Cry is my favorite game series of all time. If it never continues, then yes, I will find that depressing. You can't tell me otherwise. The problem is though, DmC isn't bringing new fans. It's driving them away. I understand your logic, but it's flawed considering DmC's reception has been mostly negative. Like I said before, nothing good is coming out of it. If DmC was classified as a spin-off instead, rather than a reboot, I guarantee you there would've been much less rage. Nothing is replaced. Everyone wins.

I agree wholeheartedly. Insulting each other is uncalled for and unnecessary, which is what I try to avoid doing. And to me, Dante is more than a fictional character. He's an icon. An idol. I even cosplayed as him.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

What? Are you kidding me? This is a reboot. It's starting fresh. It's abandoning/replacing what came before it, most notably it's established characters and story. Yes, this reboot is still DMC in spirit, but it's still very different from the old series. Which is why some people, myself included, want it back. It's just not the same. Understand that please.

By that logic, DMc3 must have been quite the difficult change to get use to from DMC1. (assuming you started with DMC1. If you started with DMC3, then nevermind)

That's not the problem. The old series wasn't perfect, yes, people have every right to point out its flaws. But everyone here does it in a negative light. They point out the flaws as a reason for Capcom -NOT- to do a DMC5. And so they can roll with DmC. See the difference? I mean, I'm not letting that get to me, but it just boggles my mind. The majority of this forum now has a "Out with the old, in with the new" mindset. :/ It's not what it used to be.

True, there have been negiative light comments, but those are just opinions. A DMC5 could still be made even if people here don't agree with it.

Yes, people change. To better, not to worse. This isn't for the better, in my honest opinion. I mean, what do we gain from this? All Capcom succeeded in doing was splitting it's fan base in half. And lol, bro? Did you see the poll on here that asked if we could have a DMC5 or DmC2? DmC2 was ahead by twenty more votes. I don't know about you, but that says a lot.

I don't see that as bad. People just happen to like DmC more. that's not considered a bad thing. Just peoples preferred taste. Plus I think a lot of the people who hated DmC left this forum too.

Regardless if people asked for a reboot after DMC4, that doesn't mean you mean you ditch what you already have. Chances are, those asking for a reboot, were in the minority. I honestly did not see one DMC fan ask for one. That was the wrong move. The whole point of DmC was to gain more fans. What have they gained besides death threats, a split fan base, and loss of sales? More bad than good came out of DmC, whether you like that or not.

Well DmC has brought a bunch of new faces here and is still bringing in new people now. The splitting of the fans was both capcom and the fans faults. Capcom was doing a stupid move and should've known better, and fans couldn't be more civil about the game from both sides and acted barbaric.

That's fine man. Example: One of the posters around here is constantly lushing out hate for Dante yet at the same time claims to be a veteran fan of the series. Which, to me, makes little to no sense, considering Dante is what makes Devil May Cry. Even in gameplay elements. It's hard to conceive because the majority of DMC fans didn't love DMC only for its gameplay, they loved its characters and story. How are you a veteran fan of a series where the gameplay is the only thing you like? I smell bullshit.

I can understand that. No one says you have to like a character to play a game. That's how I got through most games.

I know what's depressing and I know what isn't. I'm passionate about gaming and Devil May Cry is my favorite game series of all time. If it never continues, then yes, I will find that depressing. You can't tell me otherwise. The problem is though, DmC isn't bringing new fans. It's driving them away. I understand your logic but it's flawed considering DmC's reception has been mostly negative. Like I said before, nothing good is coming out of it. If DmC was classified as a spin-off instead, rather than a reboot, I guarantee you there would've been much less rage. Nothing is replaced. Everyone wins.

But if nothing was replaced, DMC would slowly go through the street fighter phase where nothing changes, and it's the same old thing over and over again. Sorry, but I don't want that. At best I'd want a DMC5 that actually tries not to be a copy and paste of DMC3 or DMC4. Thus, DmC does that for me, till Capcom gets to thinking of a DMC5.
I agree wholeheartedly. Insulting each other is uncalled for and unnecessary, which is what I try to avoid doing. And to me, Dante is more than a fictional character. He's an icon. He's an idol to me. I even cosplayed as him.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Well i would like to see a DmC 2 now cus' its gonna be remake of DMC 1 with a more mature dante and just hell thinking about it is just SO SWAG !

Just Bring in the Red trenchcoat and some alternative for his DMC 1 dante's elongated gloves and i'm SOLD !!

In Short: Get rid of this nasty looking attire ! it looks like someone you'd see wearing in the subway of London -_- Nasty

Old DMC series is History now.. i think it should rest now

Are we still friends though?
shikabane-hime-aka-episode-1-sad-girl.jpg
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH ITS MOE KILL IT FIRE !

Onecrazymonkey1

What? Are you kidding me? This is a reboot. It's starting fresh. It's abandoning/replacing what came before it, most notably it's established characters and story. Yes, this reboot is still DMC in spirit, but it's still very different from the old series. Which is why some people, myself included, want it back. It's just not the same. Understand that please.

I guess even though it's starting fresh I felt that there was enough of the old DNA in it to feel like it was still a Devil may cry game to me. I understand what you're saying and I just see it a little differently between us, so no harm there. I also have the feeling that it's going to become even more similar to the classic verse with a sequel. Also I'm the type of person who doesn't really mind drastic change at all as long as I like what they put out. That's why the changes probably don't effect me that much.

That's not the problem. The old series wasn't perfect, yes, people have every right to point out its flaws. But everyone here does it in a negative light. They point out the flaws as a reason for Capcom -NOT- to do a DMC5. And so they can roll with DmC. See the difference? I mean, I'm not letting that get to me, but it just boggles my mind. The majority of this forum now has a "Out with the old, in with the new" mindset. :/ It's not what it used to be.

Yes and you have a point, pointing out flaws in the old series doesn't mean they should abandon it completely; it is strange logic and the reboot is horrible to some. However because they already started the reboot please understand that there are some who really like it and prefer it in some aspects (like myself) and want it to be improved, not abandoned. That also doesn't make me fake or a poser in any way. I want my cake and I want to eat it and with the **** Capcom pulls, they owe the whole cake to all their fans; new and old alike. Also, although they did fix the problem that was DMC2 with a DMC3 somewhat, I certainly don't want Capcom making a DMC5 alone....That thought scares the hell out me.... :ermm:

Yes, people change. To better, not to worse. This isn't for the better, in my honest opinion. I mean, what do we gain from this? All Capcom succeeded in doing was splitting it's fan base in half. And lol, bro? Did you see the poll on here that asked if we could have a DMC5 or DmC2? DmC2 was ahead by twenty more votes. I don't know about you, but that says a lot. A lot of threads get a lot of views and I don't really feel that's a lot of votes.

I just felt that the few fans of the reboot are pretty excited right now and took part in the poll more (the new has a way about bringing excitement out in some people) so I didn't really find the twenty votes to be that much to be honest. In fact this forum is quite small when talking about the fan base as a whole. I have gotten flak for just mentioning I liked the reboot before and to me that's a shame.

Regardless if people asked for a reboot after DMC4, that doesn't mean you mean you ditch what you already have. Chances are, those asking for a reboot, were in the minority. I honestly did not see one DMC fan ask for one. That was the wrong move. The whole point of DmC was to gain more fans. What have they gained besides death threats, a split fan base, and loss of sales? More bad than good came out of DmC, whether you like that or not.

And I can agree that I don't want them to ditch the classic verse altogether. I've read that Capcom planned on continuing both (although I'm not sure I believe them anymore) and really that is what I would like more than anything. Believe me, I will also miss the old Dante if he is dropped altogether (although probably not to the same extant as you I'll admit) Actually I've missed the Dante I liked the most since DMC1 :(. But like I said, if they do go back to the classic series, I'm going to be ****ed if they don't give it their all and mess it up and destroy Dante completely. If they are going to continue the trend of the DMC4 Dante than I will be really turned off from it.

I know a few people who did want a reboot but I have no idea if it's a majority or a minority; I only know that some people wanted one. As for it being a wrong move? I can't tell yet. I don't feel it was a wrong move because I like the reboot a lot but that's just me. Financially it made less than DMC4 but there are so many factors in that, especially with the bad economy today. I would rather wait until the end of this year to see where the sales are to completely judge.

That's fine man. Example: One of the posters around here is constantly lushing out hate for Dante yet at the same time claims to be a veteran fan of the series. Which, to me, makes little to no sense, considering Dante is what makes Devil May Cry. Even in gameplay elements. It's hard to conceive because the majority of DMC fans didn't love DMC only for its gameplay, they loved its characters and story. How are you a veteran fan of a series where the gameplay is the only thing you like? I smell bullshit.

eh I think it can be possible for some people. I actually love DMC4's gameplay and lush art design etc. and although Nero did whine a lot he was just a young kid and I didn't hate him like a lot of people (I still don't want him to be Vergil's son but that's another topic). However I was upset with what they turned Lady into and I can't say that I was really fond of Kyrie, Gloria or Dante's constant trolling of Nero. I did have fun with the game though. I mean no game is perfect after all, so I at least know that when I point out what I think are flaws in games it's just because I expected better and want them to be improved. I definitely prefer DMC1 Dante out of all of them. DMC3 Dante I don't really mind either because he's also young, (like Nero) brash and just a teenager but by the end of the game you can see he matured.....in DMC4 he seemed to idk regress in my opinion. So yeah, I guess I feel there are some people that can play a game just for gameplay.

I know what's depressing and I know what isn't. I'm passionate about gaming and Devil May Cry is my favorite game series of all time. If it never continues, then yes, I will find that depressing. You can't tell me otherwise. The problem is though, DmC isn't bringing new fans. It's driving them away. I understand your logic but it's flawed considering DmC's reception has been mostly negative. Like I said before, nothing good is coming out of it. If DmC was classified as a spin-off instead, rather than a reboot, I guarantee you there would've been much less rage. Nothing is replaced. Everyone wins.

Alright, I admit that I was being a little too snarky with the world hunger depressing comment and it wasn't very mature of me. I can admit when I'm wrong or take things too far so I'm sorry for that. I get that DMC is your favorite game and are very passionate about it. Mass effect started off as one of my favorites and they pulled such a troll move at the end that I was devastated for a while. I guess I figure that life is too short to dwell on things and I just tend to move on my way pretty quickly if I don't like something.

I wouldn't say that it isn't bringing in new fans or completely driving old ones away, after all I'm actually an old fan and I like both. I have also ran across quite a few new fans to my surprise. I think it's going to be more of a slow burner. I do see the fan base splitting though which is awful and a little sad.

I agree with you on some things, I guess the only difference is my love for the reboot. I definitely don't feel that the reboot is perfect either so don't think I feel that way. I like it just enough to want it to be continued. Honestly for your sake as well as mine and all the fans, I hope everyone gets what they want in the end.

I agree wholeheartedly. Insulting each other is uncalled for and unnecessary, which is what I try to avoid doing. And to me, Dante is more than a fictional character. He's an icon. He's an idol to me. I even cosplayed as him.

That's actually a very cool Cosplay and you make a good Dante. Also that is probably one of the best costumes I've seen so far. If you ever Cosplay as DMC1 Dante I would like to see it.

I'm glad Dante is your idol and not Vergil (all that talk of honor seems bogus to me). Dante is the honorable one and is actually a pretty good idol to want to follow (well after he matures lol) considering how he constantly risks his neck out for people. Vergil on the other hand as much as I love the guy (classic and reboot) he's such a dick.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Because of gameplay, and in the end of the day it's all about that i can say i've cared much in this series and most of the players do.

Let's talk first of more objective things like combo system, enemy design, ranking/"stylish" system and all things that made the essence of any hack'n'slash game out in the market, that is the combat.

DmC overall is a downgrade of all the good things that DMC series carried upon on this 10 years of existence. We don't have as many options as in DMC3 or even more as in DMC4, the learning curve isn't even there, seriously, most of the advanced combat techniques from before are now easily executed playing the game just for a week or two, the player doesn't see now a motivation to continue playing this game; i've played DMC3 from my 14 to my 16-17 years non-stop, and i'm not even good as players like Heretic (who made an SS no upgrade run in DMD mode a little time after the game was released, considering all the difficult to conquer this achievment), KAIL and other "competitors" in the comunnity tournaments, i'm returning to the game now with the HD Collection and now i am 19 to 20 years old and it still entertain me as hell and challenges me to the top of my senses and intelect. Don't get me wrong here, DmC has an entertaining and fun combo and combat system, but that's it: it's not challenging as you can easily spend so much time in the air with no great execution needed, the risk x reward from before barely exists because of the way that they built up the dodge system overall (including the dodge buttons who has that insanely ammount of invincibility frames and the angel weapons "teleports", that makes you cover so much space and get "free out of the jail" cards when you screw up), and i'm not even counting in this equation broken things like the devil trigger and the demon evade, i seriously doesn't get the idea of the DT effects on normal enemies in this game, it KILLS the combat instead of giving you a room to do more damage or get less punished for your mistakes, it simples make enemies as if they are breakable objetcs with more health, doesn't make the game to be more fun or fast-paced.

Now, to the enemy design: most of the enemies in this game doesn't even need to be studied anymore, you can dispose of the ones who can attack from a distance using grab/pull and combo more than one enemy without even touching the ground, demon evade their armor attacks and... that's it, that's the formula to the majority of the combats in this game even in the highest difficulties. It's way more different than the two previous entries, and even the first one which is a lot more slow-paced but have a good enemy design, let's take two enemies from DMC1 as examples: Shadows (that lion who have a core which needed to be exposed) and the Blades (the reptiles with armors and shields), there's a general system in DMC1 who is a different gimmick for each of the enemies in the game: Critical Hits, the use of critical hits can make your life way more easy on this game but most of then are rather difficult to pull out in the middle of an intense combat, the Shadow gimmick was waiting for one specific attack of his without even hitting him and evading this attack while using his "spike" as a plataform then shooting him with or without DTed E&I, this would mostly exposed his core in early difficulties or in the second try that would happen in higher difficulties (in normal mode i remember that he even went "crazy-red" and goes to his suicidal grabs without even exposing his core), the Blades had no armor on his backs and that was their weak point, but the critical hit only works if you knock them down somehow (generaly with Stinger ou Grenadegun) and them helm breaker their backs to get a different kill animation and a plentyful of orbs. The only enemy on DmC that i needed to put some thought was that "samurai" one that parried my attacks often in the DMD mode (remembered me a little the gimmicks of Vergil battles in DMC3), but his IA turned out against him when i've learned to bait his parrys and demon evade his follow up attack followed by DT activation and overdrive, and that was it for the most in this battle, in the other games the only "cheap" ways to kill some enemies were abusing some things that only can be achieved with some fighting like DTE (Trans-Flux) or just-release of the RG style. And DMC1 "cheap" ways were cancelling DTed infernos or helm breakers to regain DT runes on enemies (which needed some reaction and clean execution) that lies on the ground, but of course this barely worked out for Death Scythes or Death Scissors, for example, showing again that they have put more work on the enemy design.

Well, the text had come out a little more fuzzy than that i have planned, but i think that i at least demonstrated a bit of the depth gameplay that DmC lacks in comparison to the other games of the franchise. Now, my personal feels about all the things of the game, like characters, story and that kind of **** that gets to serious personal levels. Feel free to skip this part:

I really like the characters of the old series. Even nowadays i can't decide if like more Vergil or Dante, they're both awesome in their ways, even if Vergil is a cliche asian samurai with a disturbed mind because of losing his parents, he's still able to fascinate me with his cools scenes, style of fighting and attitude, it's very entertaining to see his rivalry with Dante. Plus, i don't even care for how the story is messed up and no one should seeing how the games worked out so well where they needed to (gameplay): this can be fixed here and there, there's no great issue correcting an story, you can do remakes, the directors can consider what they want as canon or not, like they did with DMC2 (that was indeed a ****ty game). DMC classic series have a real special place in my heart as a gamer, and it's really sad to me that i probably never be seeing the old Dante again in new games of the series, it's kinda tragic for the fans to the series had going to end this way. And most of this is because of Capcom's greed and we all know that, the series doesn't needed a reboot as i explained before how easily is to fix a messed story of a great franchise, they did this to reach broader audience and that is indeed a good thing IF DONE THE RIGHT WAY, but they despised the fans of the old franchise and made the media show them as "haters" and "weaboos who loves white hair". I feel sad for NT and Tameem too, even if i don't like his behaviour or his person by itself, people get mad at him but he were only doing what Capcom asked him to do. I feel sad too for the new fans to the DMC franchise overall and of this specific game, they have to deal with angry people bashing out their opinions with no reasonable and friendly approach because of a company's mistake on his fellow consumers.

Reality is that i don't want DmC to succeed as a franchise, but i do know that's all Capcom's fault too. NT could get this ideas and do a great new IP, exactly the way it is today, i would certainly buy the game and not only rent it if this was the case. But... the game is carrying the DMC name, and this brings all the consequences that we're exausthed to see on the internet.

For a TL;DR

I wanted a DMC5 because Capcom would continue the work that had going on in this 10 years, gameplay-wise it NEEDED to be best or at least on par with DMC4 and 3, and that was not the case with DmC because it's a reboot and people doesn't care for the continuation of all the great qualities DMC had in the past, if it were DMC5 and not DmC it would needed to carry on the good things on a new game and Capcom would have a lot of pressure to do so.

But that is it, i hope DmC fans don't get me wrong. DmC is INDEED a good game, but it's really shallow in comparison with other DMC good games. The combat is satisfying and stylish even now, but it's not challenging or gives people a real sense of reward when they go in depth in the game and train themselves to do cool and rewarding things, NT is following the right path but went on the wrong place when they carried the burden of Devil May Cry franchise.

aoshi

Wow, lot of emotions flying around.

Anyways, I want the classic DMC to continue with its anime style but appealing to all like DMC 3 did(though it had anime appeal).But also good balance in gameplay like DMC 4(A casual character like nero and technical character like dante but please without including D-pad, I am not a southpaw damnit....). I know the story in DMC games don't add up as sequels to one another except ending from DMC 3 tagging vergil onto DMC 1 with none of characters from DMC 1 have any relevance to DMC 3 except vergil. So a continuation of DMC 4 would not be bad IMO. Another story with new characters with memorable characters from old games like dante, nero, lady, kyrie(like one family) would be fine with me.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Have fun while I move on and do a combo mad video with DmC.:troll:

I love how the person who made this was too lazy to look into DmC.

Why don't you adress yourself the things that DmC brought to the franchise? You look like someone who get real involved by the DmC gameplay, it would be good for me to hear an opinion from someone who likes and plays this game a lot. I've finished DmC on DMD (and obviously worked on the early difficulties too, derp) and dropped it.

I've actually did an extense post myself explaining why DmC lacks depth gameplay. I had to work quite hard on doing it because my actual native language is portuguese (i'm brazilian huehuehuehue), i would really (no jokes) appreciate a DmC fan view on my post. And maybe a correction of things that i put wrong, or are not necessarily true.

Thanks in advance!

DragonMaster2010

Why don't you adress yourself the things that DmC brought to the franchise? You look like someone who get real involved by the DmC gameplay, it would be good for me to hear an opinion from someone who likes and plays this game a lot. I've finished DmC on DMD (and obviously worked on the early difficulties too, derp) and dropped it.

I've actually did an extense post myself explaining why DmC lacks depth gameplay. I had to work quite hard on doing it because my actual native language is portuguese (i'm brazilian huehuehuehue), i would really (no jokes) appreciate a DmC fan view on my post. And maybe a correction of things that i put wrong, or are not necessarily true.

Thanks in advance!

Watch the vid and see why

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
This video shows absolutely nothing if you don't give him any meaning to be here.

I've also adressed how dumbed down what once were advanced techniques turned on to be on DmC, this includes the jump cancels often used in this video.

DragonMaster2010

This video shows absolutely nothing if you don't give him any meaning to be here.

I've also adressed how dumbed down what once were advanced techniques turned on to be on DmC, this includes the jump cancels often used in this video.

Well fine I'll explain

I like DmC's combat because it's not about mashing buttons at rapid speed and geving yourself finger cramps all day. I like DmC's combat because it focuses more on distance, speed, maneuverability, and being able to memorize your moves. I don't care much about jump canceling since I hardly ever used it back with the older DMC's so that's not a big deal.

I can understand your disappointment to it, but that's too bad for you.

I enjoy it a lot. Probably more so then I did DMC4.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Well fine I'll explain

I like DmC's combat because it's not about mashing buttons at rapid speed and geving yourself finger cramps all day. I like DmC's combat because it focuses more on distance, speed, maneuverability, and being able to memorize your moves. I don't care much about jump canceling since I hardly ever used it back with the older DMC's so that's not a big deal.

I can understand your disappointment to it, but that's too bad for you.

I enjoy it a lot. Probably more so then I did DMC4.

And you have all the right to enjoy the game. I've catch myself trying to do crazy combos on DmC on higher difficulties (DMD to be more precise), the combo system works fine on how the game was conceived, but the problem is on what this easyness brings on to the table in terms of actual difficult and of how much you throw yourself into the game mechanics. Obviously i'm talking as a veteran of the series (as i explained on my first post), but all the tools they have given to Donte kill all the point in the challenge of the game once mastered (it's double true because it's a game easy to master). I do not think that giving such powerful techniques that can be performed so easily makes a great and challenging game (and since the first game, it was all that Devil May Cry was about: challenge), the different difficult settings are here just for this: give people who can't master a game a chance to enjoy the experience while not stressing too much. As it's already stated on this topic, NTs objective with this game was to give the casual players that "pro" feelings, which can be only achieved with broken game mechanics and dumbed down execution, plus: this game was made to run at 30 FPS, which naturally makes it a lot more harder to give players eye clues to perform actions in few frames windows, limiting a hack'n'slash game potential by itself.

Besides the "white hair incident", were things like this that made DMC fans mad as hell with NT and this new game:

A Devil May Cry boss was not supossed to get down with such little effort. And the sad part of this story is that it was designed with this intention: to downgrade a series that estabilished the standards of what a quality hack'n'slash is all about.

As many old DMC fans like me already said: DmC is an OK game, but the thing that don't seem fair is getting a top-quality hack'n'slash changed to a average hack'n'slash experience, just because that franchise get a name to carry the sellings.

DragonMaster2010

And you have all the right to enjoy the game. I've catch myself trying to do crazy combos on DmC on higher difficulties (DMD to be more precise), the combo system works fine on how the game was conceived, but the problem is on what this easyness brings on to the table in terms of actual difficult and of how much you throw yourself into the game mechanics. Obviously i'm talking as a veteran of the series (as i explained on my first post), but all the tools they have given to Donte kill all the point in the challenge of the game once mastered (it's double true because it's a game easy to master). I do not think that giving such powerful techniques that can be performed so easily makes a great and challenging game (and since the first game, it was all that Devil May Cry was about: challenge), the different difficult settings are here just for this: give people who can't master a game a chance to enjoy the experience while not stressing too much. As it's already stated on this topic, NTs objective with this game was to give the casual players that "pro" feelings, which can be only achieved with broken game mechanics and dumbed down execution, plus: this game was made to run at 30 FPS, which naturally makes it a lot more harder to give players eye clues to perform actions in few frames windows, limiting a hack'n'slash game potential by itself.

Besides the "white hair incident", were things like this that made DMC fans mad as hell with NT and this new game:

A Devil May Cry boss was not supossed to get down with such little effort. And the sad part of this story is that it was designed with this intention: to downgrade a series that estabilished the standards of what a quality hack'n'slash is all about.

As many old DMC fans like me already said: DmC is an OK game, but the thing that don't seem fair is getting a top-quality hack'n'slash changed to a average hack'n'slash experience, just because that franchise get a name to carry the sellings.

Like I said, too bad for you.
joey-shrug.gif

I've seen DMC downgraded before, so I really can't care about that.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
So again, why do yall want Capcom to make a DMC5 after or instead DmC?
Is this a trick question? This is, isn't it? WHY WOULDN'T WE WANT DMC5?! ;)

I'm sorry that's the impression you're getting too. See guys? This is a good example. She's a new member, pretty sure she's an avid fan of DMC, she comes here and notices this fourm takes DmC over DMC. How is that supposed to make her feel? Great job everyone. You guys rock! :troll:

Pretty sure if DMC5 happened before DmC2, this forum would be so pessimistic towards it and totally disregard it. They would go ape shyit and cry. Which is sad, you'd think they'd be celebrating instead. Guess not.
Um. :blink: WTF?
First off, this is a DEVIL MAY CRY forum. DmC, being a rebooted part of the franchise, counts, no matter how different it is or how much you dislike it. This is not a biased forum about who's the best fan or who is better for liking whatever. DmC is the new installment in the series, reboot or not. You can't expect that it would be ignored or that people won't talk about it. It's the latest thing, it's all we got instead of waiting and waiting and waiting for DMC5 to be announced.
A lot of people were and still are heavily disappointed in DmC. I'm disappointed that it's not the DMC5 I'd been waiting for. That doesn't mean we have to throw our toys at DmC and slam the door in its face and holler at the tops of our voices that it will NEVER be devil may cry. Of course it won't. It's a bloomin reboot.
Seriously guys, there's a difference between acceptance and betrayal.
The question is, do YOU know what the difference is? Because I think this is just a fanboy rant since you seem to be suffering from nostalgic attachment to the original series.
When DmC first came out, NONE of you guys wanted it.
I... what?
Everyone hated the idea of a reboot.
Are you kidding me? Were you even HERE when they first announced it? I LOVED IT. From the first trailer, and I did not hide the fact that I approved of it. So, I'm really sorry, but it's not true that NONE of us ever wanted it.
Now it's out, and you all want to do away with Devil May Cry?
Which is why everyone made DMC5 April Fools threads and everyone clicked on it even though they knew it was a joke because secretly we're all still hoping and waiting for DMC5? Right. Okay. I can see how we gave the impression that we want to do away with Devil May Cry. :cool:
A franchise that this FORUM was built upon?
This forum was actually originally built on the premise of WE LOVE DMC4.:troll:
A series that won the hearts of MILLIONS, and I mean F***ING MILLIONS?
Millions, really? Far out, dude. So, that's why I know of....what's it, two people in my country who love the series? Man.
I seriously cannot fathom such bullshit!
Neither can I. Where are you getting this BS from?

Why do you guys try to justify that? There is seriously NO justification. If you felt like, "Oh, well the old series was getting stale", "I didn't like Nero", "DMC2 ruined the series", "DMC4 sucked", etc. Tell someone who gives a ****.
We did. We told the game developers. Thus DmC.
Those are all trivial reasons and sound like pathetic excuses.
Pathetic excuses created by valid points. The old series was getting stale, hence they introduced Nero as a new protagonist. Capcom obviously knew the series needed something 'new' before the fans did. Unfortunately Nero wasn't the solution. A lot of people didn't like Nero because they were too fond of Dante. Considering DMC3 is voted the overall most liked game in the series, and Vergil has a fanbase that is arguably larger than Nero's, it was a good move on their part to go back and do another DMC3. Only, they couldn't do it in the same universe, because it's already been done, so voila, REBOOT.
Why don't you just say, "I don't want DMC to live anymore, let DmC live instead"?
Because you're thinking small, you're thinking here and now. I doubt that, had Capcom decided to give us DMC5, the franchise would have lasted much longer. I don't understand how you can't see that Capcom are trying ways to better this series and to keep it going strong. They could have just let it die. They could have just said, nah, DMC4 was it, that's a wrap people. They're actually, FINALLY, making an EFFORT with this franchise, and you just naturally presume that because some of us are all pro-DmC that we're not interested in the original series anymore? I fail to see your logic. This reboot came at the right time. This reboot is a means of bettering the franchise.
It makes things SO much more easier. You don't have to hide bullshit or have it dripping from your lip anymore.
So because you don't see it from the 'other' perspective, you're calling it BS? Fine. I'll call your paranoia that we want DMC to be history BS, too.

Seriously, I've been in this forum for over five years now. Five years ago, everyone was so happy and loving towards the old series, eager for DMC5, still VERY PASSIONATE about the old series, it's characters, story, charms, and combat.
Seriously, I've been on this forum for over five years now (tomorrow, actually, WHOOP WHOOP PARTY!!!!) Five years ago, everyone was bitching about Nero being a loser and how much better Dante was, and how DMC5 was going to be epic because Nero wouldn't be in it, or maybe he would, or maybe it'd be about Sparda, etc etc. We're all still eager for DMC5. Those who aren't have their reasons. I, for one, am absolutely in love with this franchise and DmC is awesome. I would like to see DmC2. I'd like to see DMC5 even more.

Now it's "F*** the old series"? Yeah, F*** IT. Let some reboot that we never asked for in the first place, replace it, and betray what we became fans of.
...Okay. *puts on fangirl rage-face*
DmC is not a f****ng betrayal of the old series. Use your f***ing head. There are things that worked in DmC, and there are things that didn't work. There are things that worked in DMC, and there are things that didn't work. You can put two and f***ing two together, can't you?
Without DMC, DmC wouldn't even be here! Where's the courtesy? Where's the respect for elders? There is none!
Without the support of the fanbase, there wouldn't even be a devil may cry at all. Where is credit where credit is due? Where is respect for the creators of this f***cking franchise, I ask you? THERE IS NONE, now is there?

Here is this forum's logic now: Now?
>Doesn't like one character (hasn't changed)
>OUP! You know what that means! NO DMC5 (wtf?)
>Claims DMC2 ruined the series (hasn't changed)
>Does MGS ever cross your mind? If a game in a series sucked, the company will usually disregard it, and Capcom does NOT acknowledge DMC2. Yes it was in the HD collection but for collection purposes. MGS is now living off making sequels from MGS3. Not MGS4, because Snake's story is DONE. Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes are sequels to MGS3. Capcom could keep doing sequels off DMC4.(or DMC3? Or DMC1?) It DOESN'T HAVE TO BE DMC2.(...there's a DMC2???)
>DMC4 sucks (hasn't changed....oh no, wait, some haters decided it's better than DmC :troll:)
>Really now? With that logic, one bad installment in ANY franchise means it should get rebooted! Honestly DMC4 wasn't that bad at all. The backtracking sucked, yeah, but everything else kicked ass. From the awesome level design, to the CUHRAYZEE and COMPLEX combat system, from it's kickass OST, etc.
Yeah, DMC4 didn't suck. It's also not the reason for the reboot. The reboot came about because Capcom needed a new slate to work from, they didn't want to lose Dante but they had to do something. Nero was their first attempt. It was well received, but didn't sit too well with the majority of the fanbase. Going on from DMC4 would be murdering the series. People would lose interest, Dante's fans would lose interest, and the series would die. Kablooey. Into oblivion forever and ever Amen. The reboot? Created a lot of controversy and anarchy in the fanbase. Not as well received as DMC4, but still better in a lot of aspects concerning the characters and the storyline. We're still gunning for DMC5, and we are going to get it. You know why? Because Capcom are serious about DMC, and despite what the fans might believe, the game developers actually DO listen to the fans.

And then...THEN! Seeing people lash hate for old characters/old DMC after DmC! You guys will claim that you've felt like this prior to DmC but honestly to me that sounds like BS. If so, why didn't you say this before DmC? *sigh*
I've always been pretty verbal about how lame Dante is and how much I hate his stupid oneliners and clown-styled coat. I've always hated Lady and Trish. I'm conflicted about Vergil. I don't like him, but I don't not like him. This is still my current trend. Nothing's changed. Only now I hate Dante's hairdo as well. And his NOSE. FFS, they could have made him a better nose.

This is honestly REALLY depressing. This is a DMC forum. It was supposed to be about keeping the old series alive, not burying it in the ground and letting it die for a stupid reboot.
The reboot is not the end of the series, it's the beginning. And I wouldn't worry about the old series dying unless the admin removes the boards for them, y'know?

Yeah. I said it. Stupid reboot. (stupid Dante haircut too!) I really liked DmC but there's no way in hell that I'd give up DMC for it. (did anyone actually ASK you to do that?)
It's really stupid when I see **** like, "DMC is my favorite series of all time and I'm a hardcore veteran but I think my fanbase is filled with STUPID anime fans and the characters are stupid and they suck so bad". Just an example one of the stupid posts I see around here. (:blink: you lost me there. I mean...whut?)
Oh, and here's: "Old DMCs weren't very balanced, the AI for the old games were brain dead", etc. I bring this up because when something bad is said about DmC, people have to degrade the old series. Are you sure you're not just misinterpreting that people are trying to point out that DmC did do some things better than the old series did?

It gets old. I'm tired of it. I really am...... Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go relive the glory days by playing DMC1 and DMC3...
You suck. Gimme DMC3! NAO!!!!!

Also, I keep thinking about Mc'D's because DMC decided to play scrabble and now all I read is MCD.
I'm hungry.
BYE! :D

ZeroLove

I would like a DMC5 to clear up as many plotholes as possible.

A possible idea for doing this, based on a discussion long time ago, is that DMC5 happens AFTER DMC2.
First you play as Dante, wandering around in hell, finding answers on where Sparda might be. He would be accompanied by Trish.

Then you play as Nero who is trying to find some answers on who he is and where his demonic powers come from (and his possible connection to Vergil). He would be accompanied by Lucia (suggesting that the one who arrives on the motorbike in the ending of DMC2 is Nero).

It would be cool if there was a third storyline, a possible DLC, where we play as Lady. Not sure what her story would be though or who would accompany her, if any.

That way, the many plotholes would be filled out and it would be a graceful way to end the original series.
THEN DmC2 would be more than a welcome addition to the growing rebooted series.

GF9000000Returns

I would like a DMC5 to clear up as many plotholes as possible.

A possible idea for doing this, based on a discussion long time ago, is that DMC5 happens AFTER DMC2.
First you play as Dante, wandering around in hell, finding answers on where Sparda might be. He would be accompanied by Trish.

Then you play as Nero who is trying to find some answers on who he is and where his demonic powers come from (and his possible connection to Vergil). He would be accompanied by Lucia (suggesting that the one who arrives on the motorbike in the ending of DMC2 is Nero).

It would be cool if there was a third storyline, a possible DLC, where we play as Lady. Not sure what her story would be though or who would accompany her, if any.

That way, the many plotholes would be filled out and it would be a graceful way to end the original series.
THEN DmC2 would be more than a welcome addition to the growing rebooted series.

Alright, I'm not bashing you for this but this is what I'm talking about. If there was a DMC5 and its story was after DMC2, it would be predictable, which tells me that some of you guys are just looking for an excuse is to why a DMC5 needs to be made, and that's the reason why I tell some of yas to move on. Knowing how Capcom is, would you rather see a game that is unfinished like DMC4 and kill the franchse or just move on to other games that fit your style? Of course, the story is not the only reason why I'm questioning why some of you guys for it, and it's not the main reason. Games nowadays need to have a balance between story, gameplay, and value. Seeing how DMC4 was made, Capcom decided to not continue a DMC5 as of now or stop the original games.

I'm saying this because some of you guys just don't understand.

ZeroLove

Alright, I'm not bashing you for this but this is what I'm talking about. If there was a DMC5 and its story was after DMC2, it would be predictable, which tells me that some of you guys are just looking for an excuse is to why a DMC5 needs to be made, and that's the reason why I tell some of yas to move on. Knowing how Capcom is, would you rather see a game that is unfinished like DMC4 and kill the franchse or just move on to other games that fit your style? Of course, the story is not the only reason why I'm questioning why some of you guys for it, and it's not the main reason. Games nowadays need to have a balance between story, gameplay, and value. Seeing how DMC4 was made, Capcom decided to not continue a DMC5 as of now or stop the original games.

I'm saying this because some of you guys just don't understand.

I don't mind it to be predictable. What most people look for when wanting DMC5 is some sort of closure. Because as the original series is now, it has no closure at all. DMC4 left the series wide open with too many unanswered questions and tons of plotholes that needs to be explained.

Let's turn this around though... Why DON'T you want a DMC5? Why would you deny the fans of the original games some closure?

GF9000000Returns

I don't mind it to be predictable. What most people look for when wanting DMC5 is some sort of closure. Because as the original series is now, it has no closure at all. DMC4 left the series wide open with too many unanswered questions and tons of plotholes that needs to be explained.
Even though this is understandable, that's not I'm seeing from some people here. Most of them just want it for the gameplay which would leave MORE plotholes in DMC5's story.

Let's turn this around though... Why DON'T you want a DMC5? Why would you deny the fans of the original games some closure?

Tsk..I thought you already knew. Okay I'll say this again, I don't want one because I don't wanna see the original franchise die in a painful death after what happened with DMC4 and how Capcom is with stuff nowadays with SFxT or Resident Evil 6.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
And how do you KNOW that would be a failure?

Man, DMC already had an incredible gameplay, they only needed to keep it and add something here and there. The gameplay is on such a level that they just needed to focus more on enemy design and level design than on the mechanics itself. Correcting a messed up story is not a big issue, does not need a gigantic team and tons of money, it's a simple task as they have all the power needed to consider all that they want as canon or not, adding novels, artbooks with explanations and even one or two remakes if necessary.

RE failed as game and in story too. It's a more complex problem since they took other directions from the original idea that were supposed to go. And SFxT is a failure but SSFIV is a good game (i'm actually a competitor in this game maining Guy and Abel) that need some little balance to take another big step.

Your argument gives a negative view even on the future of DmC, considering that Capcom in the end of all not have given all the freedom NT wanted to make this game. And forced them to take the approaches that they think of as correct, Donte was a very different character before Capcom started to interfere with the game development.

EDIT: It's important to point out that Capcom had not abandoned the old franchise for whatever problems it have, but it was for profit, they decided to play with lady luck when asked for a reboot from NT. The Megaman series is full of plotholes, and things that are not explained at all and they kept making games since this franchise selled so well (and the MM, MMX and MMZ are really good). What makes things more confusing is that this new game and storyline selled less than older entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom