• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WHY do you want a DMC5 for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have fun while I move on and do a combo mad video with DmC.:troll:

I love how the person who made this was too lazy to look into DmC.

Okay, Angel dodge is missing. There's not really much to look into. DmC is not as deep as DMC. "Wanting the casual audience to feel like they're playing like the pros" proves this. lol. There's still alot that was taken away because Classic DMC is too overwhelming for your average iPhone gamer.

I'm sorry that's the impression you're getting too. See guys? This is a good example. She's a new member, pretty sure she's an avid fan of DMC, she comes here and notices this fourm takes DmC over DMC. How is that supposed to make her feel? Great job everyone. You guys rock! :troll:

I didn't expect people to not like DmC. I thought it would be pretty chill here. But all I see is "You think DMC is better than DmC?" WELCOME TO MY IGNORE LIST, TROLL, ANTI, HATER! Oh? You disagree with me? LOL IGNORED!

Pretty sure if DMC5 happened before DmC2, this forum would be so pessimistic towards it and totally disregard it. They would go ape shyit and cry. Which is sad, you'd think they'd be celebrating instead. Guess not.

Yeah it will be like that for a bit, but they'll either have to accept it or leave. if they go batshit insane that just proves they never really liked DMC. Like you said it will be wild for a bit but like it'll get better. It's a shame DMC fans are the minority here.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/48901/new-devi...he-magic-of-pro-gaming-entry-bar-is-very-low/
"We wanted to take that magic the pro-players could create and give more casual players a bit of that feeling. A bit extra hang-time, more aerial moves, the launch button is a single press without a lock-on."

Doesn't sound like it took much time to master with that statement. No wonder jump cancelling is so ACCESSIBLE. You've got the demon whip to keep your enemies in the air so they don't attack you and you can just keep wailing on them. And enemies attacking you offscreen messing up your combo? Lol don't worry about. They have to be in plain site to do that. You can just keep earning your SSS ranks without having to worry about some demon messing up your combos.

Even so, why are you getting so mad that it's easier?

I thought the article speaks for itself. It's basically saying your average gamer is too lazy or stupid to get around this, what do you call it? Learning curve and Difficulty curve. No one wants to practice at a game to get better at it.

You just want to go straight into it and feel like you belong with the true style crowd.

Onecrazymonkey1

I know right? Like, there's a lot of fakers and posers here. "OH, I LIKE DMC, BUT I DON'T WANT IT TO CONTINUE 8D" Yeah GTFO of here. If you like something, you want it to continue, no matter how bad it's doing. You hope for the best. It sucks how easy you guys dismiss the old series too.

See guys? This is a good example. She's a new member, pretty sure she's an avid fan of DMC, she comes here and notices this fourm takes DmC over DMC. How is that supposed to make her feel? Great job everyone. You guys rock! :troll:

Pretty sure if DMC5 happened before DmC2, this forum would be so pessimistic towards it and totally disregard it. They would go ape shyit and cry. Which is sad, you'd think they'd be celebrating instead. Guess not.

Are you talking about me? My post was in no way hostile so it's pretty rude for you to speak for me and my opinions. I'm 24 years old and out of high school so you can play the cool act by yourself. If I wanted to be the suave hipster I would be creaming in my pants over every classic DMC game made like they were the second coming of Christ (and yes I am an avid DMC1 fan, I'll never deny that but I also love the reboot..problem? :troll: ).

I was also honestly under the impression that most of this board preferred the classic series, as I'm sure you know by now that DmC is the game that gets dissed on every message board out there so it's hardly the cool thing to like. Besides you don't need to try and discredit my post just because I'm new; especially when I was telling you not to let the opinion of others get to you. I'm just not afraid to point out faults in the classic DMC or new DmC constructively while praising what they do right.

Oh and if Capcom decides to make a DMC5 first and actually do an excellent job instead of half assing it I'll be thrilled as I'm sure a lot of others will be.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I thought the article speaks for itself. It's basically saying your average gamer is too lazy or stupid to get around this, what do you call it? Learning curve and Difficulty curve. No one wants to practice at a game to get better at it.

You just want to go straight into it and feel like you belong with the true style crowd.

And that's bad...how?

That's a joke? You're putting him on the spotlight over his opinion on the game. Grow up.

No ones in the spot light. I'm just questioning his opinion not attacking it.

GF9000000Returns

Yeah it will be like that for a bit, but they'll either have to accept it or leave. if they go batshit insane that just proves they never really liked DMC. Like you said it will be wild for a bit but like it'll get better. It's a shame DMC fans are the minority here.

Fine then...why don't you two tell me why you think the reboot was made in the first place.

And lemme guess, me liking the reboot over the originals and wanting a DmC2 over a DMC5 make me a traitor? If I saw a gameplay trailer of DMC5 that had the same rehashed gameplay as DMC4, I would call Capcom out on it, and you guys would too. Give me a break with that BS. First of all, I'll always have love for the originals, and second, the only original DMC game I favor over the reboot is DMC3. I've said this a million times and I'll say it again, what was cool then isn't cool now. So if that means Capcom leaving the originals behind, then so be it, move on. Did you guys really think that DMC4 was loved as a whole?

And the reason why I "degrade" some of the originals parts is to prove a point. It's unfair to point at DmC's mistakes while the originals had the same mistakes too, and it's no surprise DmC had some, no freaking game is perfect.

And that's bad...how?

Read my post again. There's two key words in there. I'll bold them for you. So I can make comprehending my post more accessible and easy for your average forum goer.

Games aren't for everyone. Too hard? Find something else to play or practice at the game.
No need to pander to casuals.

Hey, I'm making a modern day video game for your average iphone gamer who wants to move to real games. Look at that.

Fine then...why don't you two tell me why you think the reboot was made in the first place.

And lemme guess, me liking the reboot over the originals and wanting a DmC2 over a DMC5 make me a traitor? If I saw a gameplay trailer of DMC5 that had the same rehashed gameplay as DMC4,

How do you avoid rehashing game play in a Hack 'n' Slash game? Rehashing isn't the word I'd use. It's like you want the gameplay to take a 180. If they could do the impossible and expand DMC4's combat that would be great. But like I don't think it could expand. Adding more styles and customizable style switcher would be neat for Dante.

DragonMaster2010

wow, this is news to me lol.

And what exactly are you questioning about it?

I have a topic concerning my thoughts on the game, what is the question at hand?

Is it really a big deal anymore if DmC is easier? We all knew it would be since it was made to be easier.

Read my post again. There's two key words in there. I'll bold them for you. So I can make comprehending my post more accessible and easy for your average forum goer.

Hey, I'm making a modern day video game for your average iphone gamer who wants to move to real games. Look at that.

So you high lighted lazy and stupid. Okay, so it offends you that the game seemed like it was for people who aren't good at the original games and that it's just a cheap way for casual players to feel like they're actually better then those of the original game?

It's late, and I've been staying up till 4 am for the past three days. Please stupid it down a bit for me to understand.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Is it really a big deal anymore if DmC is easier? We all knew it would be since it was made to be easier.

So you high lighted lazy and stupid. Okay, so it offends you that the game seemed like it was for people who aren't good at the original games and that it's just a cheap way for casual players to feel like they're actually better then those of the original game?

It's late, and I've been staying up till 4 am for the past three days. Please stupid it down a bit for me to understand.

Think you quoted my post by mistake, my post was towards you questioning my opinion, not DmC being easier being a big deal.

GF9000000Returns

How do you avoid rehashing game play in a Hack 'n' Slash game? Rehashing isn't the word I'd use. It's like you want the gameplay to take a 180. If they could do the impossible and expand DMC4's combat that would be great. But like I don't think it could expand. Adding more styles and customizable style switcher would be neat for Dante.

Maybe that would work but it depends on how it looks and feels. I mean, we all know that Capcom has ran all out of ideas(unless if you're in denial).

Yes, you get it.

Practice makes perfect and there's no harm in going out of your way to experiment with a game. Devil May Cry was expanding itself. There was no need for a reboot to take so many steps back. It's Called DmC: Devil May Cry. It's a reboot, it's meant to say "Okay the old DMC isn't cool anymore, this is the definitive Devil May Cry experience, everything you loved about the old series is going to be 10x better in this installment"

See where I'm coming from now?

Maybe that would work but it depends on how it looks and feels. I mean, you and I know that Capcom has ran all out of ideas(unless if you're in denial).

Yeah, they have ran out of ideas.

DragonMaster2010

Yes, you get it.

Practice makes perfect and there's no harm in going out of your way to experiment with a game. Devil May Cry was expanding itself. There was no need for a reboot to take so many steps back. It's Called DmC: Devil May Cry. It's a reboot, it's meant to say "Okay the old DMC isn't cool anymore, this is the definitive Devil May Cry experience, everything you loved about the old series is going to be 10x better in this installment"

See where I'm coming from now?

Yeah I see what you mean, but again, I don't see it as a big deal.

In terms of DMC being replaced, yes I do find that sad because I won't be able to see some of the old things that I liked about DMC (It's over the top insanity, it's interesting weapon designing, its ability to not take itself seriously), but I still don't see gameplay as such a big deal. It was made for people who don't want to put all their time and effort into mastering a game. Its for people who just want to have a good time killing demons without mastering all these button mechanics and sitting in a dark room all day with doritos and mountain dew as dinner. (Trust me, I've lived that)

DmC is as NT apparently say "for casual gamers" as in gamers who don't feel like mastering a game just to have a good three to four hours of fun then go back to everyday life.

But don't grill me. This is just what I've picked up.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Maybe that would work but it depends on how it looks and feels. I mean, we all know that Capcom has ran all out of ideas(unless if you're in denial).

I personally understand that capcom was running low on creativity with the DMC series which in part was due to them simply not caring enough about it enough to put the required thought and effort into it that it deserved in my opinion.

If capcom wises up and gets their act together and becomes more Committed to the series than I believe they can bring us a great DMC experience.

DMC3 is proof that Capcom can indeed bounce back after the faults of a previous game (DMC2).

Yeah I see what you mean, but again, I don't see it as a big deal.

In terms of DMC being replaced, yes I do find that sad because I won't be able to see some of the old things that I liked about DMC (It's over the top insanity, it's interesting weapon designing, its ability to not take itself seriously), but I still don't see gameplay as such a big deal. It was made for people who don't want to put all their time and effort into mastering a game. Its for people who just want to have a good time killing demons without mastering all these button mechanics and sitting in a dark room all day with doritos and mountain dew as dinner. (Trust me, I've lived that)

DmC is as NT apparently say "for casual gamers" as in gamers who don't feel like mastering a game just to have a good three to four hours of fun then go back to everyday life.

But don't grill me. This is just what I've picked up.

That's fair enough man. I'm cool with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom