• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why do people say that Vergil was never "honorable" ?

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
He already broke that rule on two different occasions.

Are you referring to when he "disposed" of Arkham without pulling a Meta Knight, and giving him a sword to fight back, and also when it was two versus one against that monstrosity Arkham became?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Either way, sorry to anyone and everyone who misinterpreted my post. I'll try to be more clear next time.
Very well. I'll keep that in mind.

And I'm sorry for overreacting, as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

I won't affiliate Nelo Angelo with DMC3's vergil.
Hah.

I'd say that the creators can "do what they want", but since I refuse to affiliate DMC4 "confetti" Dante with DMC1 Dante, I'd have to agree, in this case.
I'd be down for DmC Vergil turning into Gilver.
As would I. Personally, I think DmC Vergil wore a mask because the creators were inspired by Gilver. But since he didn't keep it on, it's not quite the same.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I can't argue with such airtight logic.
you can't point at Nelo angelo and say "See Vergil's a fair fighter,hence honorable"

No i'm judging vergil on what he was in DMC 3 and what he did in that game.. he was selfish,power hungry manipulative jerk.

EDIT: Actually looking back at Nelo angelo he was just an old fashioned knight who fought fairly without being a jerk unlike vergil of course.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
He was mostly indifferent to humans, seeing them as a mere consequence. But in the Devil May Cry 3 material, it's revealde that he wanted to take Dante's power because he wanted his brother to live as a human, knowing that Dante inherited more from their mother.

I highlighted the fan speculation/conclusion part there. That is not factual. Vergil needed Dante's power to accomplish what he'd set out to do ie. defeat Mundus. He had no regard for Dante's humanity, why would he have activated Dante's DT if he really wanted him to have a human life? That just makes absolutely no sense.

I also don't get how Dante inherited more from his mother? More what, humanity? Vergil would have been equal (you know, since they're identical twins and all) in his humanity if demons hadn't stabbed and activated his DT while he was still a wee little snot-nosed brat. I mean if you'd like to elaborate on this, please do, because it's not clicking together for me.

I also don't think Vergil was honorable. Not even in his fighting style. I mean honestly who brings a sword to a gunfight? ;) But seriously, people seem to mistake discipline and technique for honour. It's not how you wield your weapon - it's what you use it for that determines whether you are an honourable fighter or not.

Top Bottom