• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why do people say that Vergil was never "honorable" ?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Let's just evaluate his psychological chart:-

> Manipulates others to get ultimate power
> Is so selfish to be bother about others around him
> Is completely obsessed with power and would kill ANYONE to get it
> Is also hypocrite who hates humanity despite clearly having a human mother
> He says that he wants to be like his father YET he's doing exactly the opposite of that by undoing everything his father did to seal off the demon world

WTF ? Why do people complain about vergil shooting a pregnant demon when he clearly was based off a character who would do exactly the same thing ?

Just because he doesn't use guns he has honor lol wut ?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Let's just evaluate his psychological chart:-

> Manipulates others to get ultimate power
> Is so selfish to be bother about others around him
> Is completely obsessed with power and would kill ANYONE to get it
> Is also hypocrite who hates humanity despite clearly having a human mother
> He says that he wants to be like his father YET he's doing exactly the opposite of that by undoing everything his father did to seal off the demon world

WTF ? Why do people complain about vergil shooting a pregnant demon when he clearly was based off a character who would do exactly the same thing ?

Just because he doesn't use guns he has honor lol wut ?

The only two i will fight you on is that while vergil may have a human mother that doesnt mean he has no right to hate humanity that doesnt make him a hypocrite i have a human mother and im human myself(mostly) and even i hate humanity lol and the second thing is that vergil stated he wanted his fathers power i doubt hwe wanted to be just like him considering he hates humans vergil wanted sparda's power and the fear and respect he held while he was in power from both demons and humans. and vergil does have some honor (not because he does use guns lol)(and not a lot but a little atleast)

DMCGamer1989

I think you may be oversimplyfying Vergil's character a little bit. He only hated his own humanity, seeing it as the barrier between himself and ultimate power. Vergil's motivations stemmed from hs mother's death, he never wanted to feel weak again, so he wanted to eliminate his human side. His bio in the manga says he's more selfish than hateful.

He was mostly indifferent to humans, seeing them as a mere consequence. But in the Devil May Cry 3 material, it's revealde that he wanted to take Dante's power because he wanted his brother to live as a human, knowing that Dante inherited more from their mother.

Vergil's "honor" only really applied to his way of fighting, he believed in fair fights and disliked tricks or underhanded methods. We never once stated that he was an all around nice guy.

Meg

Vergil's "honor" only really applied to his way of fighting, he believed in fair fights and disliked tricks or underhanded methods. We never once stated that he was an all around nice guy.
THIS!

In terms of his personality, I think him being hypocritical works. He's a tragic, fallen character. His mother's death set him on the path of gaining power so he wouldn't have to lose anyone else. However, the pain of him losing his mother made him not want to be close to other people. Basically, Vergil be crazy.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I could argue all of them but I won't. That will just lead to arguing which is what I think this is, fishing for an argument.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I think you may be oversimplyfying Vergil's character a little bit. He only hated his own humanity, seeing it as the barrier between himself and ultimate power.
I guess we all can agree that more or less he just sees humans a pathetic weaklings whereas he's part one himself.. so that kinda.. KINDA hypocritical IMO

>Vergil's motivations stemmed from hs mother's death
IDK i just can't get over the fact that in the entire game he never mentions anything about his past he just doesn't seem like a sentimental person at all.
>His bio in the manga says he's more selfish than hateful.
lol yeah i agree that he more selfish than hateful.
Wait.. isn't that more like some sort of personal ethical code instead of an actual characteristics of being honorable ? that's just confusing are vegans honorable ? lol

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well I'm not saying he does or does not have honor, I just didn't come to the conclusion that he had honor simply because the game never brought it up.

So its fanon right now.

Meg

Well I'm not saying he does or does not have honor, I just didn't come to the conclusion that he had honor simply because the game never brought it up.

So its fanon right now.
WRONG! :p

Dante to Nelo Angelo: "Ha, a man with guts and honor: I like that. It's a shame you had to follow Mundus."

Nelo Angelo was portrayed as being a fair fighter. He didn't try to sneak up on Dante or use cheap tricks. He showed signs of believing in the virtue of a good fight or whatever. So he had honor in that sense.

Although, I think there is no honor to be had in violence.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
WRONG! :p

Dante to Nelo Angelo: "Ha, a man with guts and honor: I like that. It's a shame you had to follow Mundus."

Nelo Angelo was portrayed as being a fair fighter. He didn't try to sneak up on Dante or use cheap tricks. He showed signs of believing in the virtue of a good fight or whatever. So he had honor in that sense.

Although, I think there is no honor to be had in violence.

DMC3 Virgin and Nero Angelo are two completely different guys.

Meg

DMC3 Virgin and Nero Angelo are two completely different guys.
DMC3 Virgin? :lol: I hope you mean Vergil. Although he probably is a virgin because who would he be interested in. THAT SAID!

No. Vergil becomes Nelo Angelo. It it the same person. At the end of DMC3, you see Vergil is determined to take on Mundus. He loses and becomes a slave of Mundus: Nelo Angelo.

Meg

I don't like DMC3 Vergil so I don't consider him being NA.
............................Are you being sarcastic? Or is your argument for why DMC3 Vergil and Nelo Angelo are two different people really because you just don't like DMC3 Vergil?

Top Bottom