• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

why are people assholes?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
The administrator replied with This is a discussion thread about DeadRising, not a bitch fest.
So that's another show of being an obnoxious jerk.
I remember something like that too,a forum full of hardcore Sports game fans.. -_- yeah it exists and was a mistake of mine to join it.

The conversation went something like this :-

Me: well its only 2 months for the game's release and still haven't released a gameplay video ?? it looks like people here are hyping the game way too much.
Random: Well calm down impatient little kid,why don't you buzz off ?
Me: What ? i didn't say anything (and the after a bunch of fanboy asskissing quotes which i ignored like plague a mod steps in)
Mod:When someone is someone is so moronic i enjoy it.
Me: So only being a blissful blind fanboy is what accepted here ? i love the unwarranted hostility here
Mod: Your opinion is so moronic and stupid that you deserve the hate

I quite the forums fu*k the game when the community representative is such a D-bag i don't care about the game anymore Fu*k sports games.

DanteStyle

但丁是我的
I think you guys may be trusting the scientific theories and such a bit too much.
Let's say the percentage of people online is 100%.
90% of those people are assholes.
In real life, 80% of them are genuine assholes while the other 20% just happened to have a bad day and vented it on the internet.
You don't need to look very far to find the real assholes in the world because they're in abundance.
Just sayin', this is my opinion.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think you guys may be trusting the scientific theories and such a bit too much.
In real life, 80% of them are genuine assholes while the other 20% just happened to have a bad day and vented it on the internet.
You don't need to look very far to find the real assholes in the world because they're in abundance.
I think everyone must seem like an asshole to someone...that's just how life is. I don't think I've ever met anyone I'd call a real asshole...maybe a jerk or two, but that's about it.

At this rate, Anyone who disagrees to a thread's OP will be called an "internet asshole"....LOL.
For me, an internet asshole isn't someone who disagrees...but I guess each person has their own definition of asshole....some definitions more broad than others.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium

I live with one... :lol:

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Oh i have seen that, & when a moderator replies with that then i agree it's time to leave that forum.

However there's a difference between a day of venting & being obnoxious daily.
Nothing you post is directed towards them but they insist on replying as an obnoxious jerk, there's no scientific theory needed to see the difference between the two.

And NO not every obnoxious jerk on the web is banned because of being obnoxious jerks.

That is the rather sad part there, VW. No matter how much the trolls get reminded about their actions, they will never stop until people bow down to them to 'prove their unworthiness to the trolls and that the trolls are the elites, the superior ones.' I think every troll has some sort of superiority complex where they are above everybody else who they look at as inferior... They don't listen to reason and they would rather get all caught-up in their own self-beliefs...

As much as I hate people blindly following others, I also hate people who drown themselves in their own self-beliefs! :mad:

Also, I have friends in real life who turned out to be internet trolls. That's rather sad to hear, huh?

BTW, I was and still am a troll victim... Now it's hard for me to determine whether I am insulted or just helping me through constructive criticism... And it's all thanks to those damned trolls! :mad: :(

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I don't think I've ever met anyone I'd call a real asshole..
Not even me? :'(
I live with one... :lol:
Ouch. :ermm:
BTW, I was and still am a troll victim...

Punch!gif.gif

I'm the real victim here -- my fist was injured by your face! :mad:

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Especially over the fact that I'm a furry, because so far this website is the only place I've gotten 100% universal approval for such a thing.
This is a good subject point. It wouldn't surprise me if the #1 reason for assholery on the internet was people being immediately hostile to someone based on a single fact about them. It also wouldn't surprise if it was furry's that received the most amount of hate from this.

Maybe one day these deviations from the 'norm' will eventually become accepted and this will all end... Who am I kidding, new forms of deviation will come to light that will require gradual 'approval' by the general public even if the current deviations become accepted. Such a dumb world we live in.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
This is a good subject point. It wouldn't surprise me if the #1 reason for assholery on the internet was people being immediately hostile to someone based on a single fact about them. It also wouldn't surprise if it was furry's that received the most amount of hate from this.

Maybe one day these deviations from the 'norm' will eventually become accepted and this will all end... Who am I kidding, new forms of deviation will come to light that will require gradual 'approval' by the general public even if the current deviations become accepted. Such a dumb world we live in.

Furries are considered "acceptable targets" for pretty much the entire internet. So to be an open one is a heavily loaded choice. We're pinned with labels like "pro-bestiality" and "sick in the head," but we can't CHOOSE what we like. If we're attached to anthropomorphic animals, then why can't people wise up and leave well enough alone?

Meg

Furries are considered "acceptable targets" for pretty much the entire internet. So to be an open one is a heavily loaded choice. We're pinned with labels like "pro-bestiality" and "sick in the head," but we can't CHOOSE what we like. If we're attached to anthropomorphic animals, then why can't people wise up and leave well enough alone?
I thought you were a scaley? :p

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
That is the rather sad part there, VW. No matter how much the trolls get reminded about their actions, they will never stop until people bow down to them to 'prove their unworthiness to the trolls and that the trolls are the elites, the superior ones.'
When you're confirmed that he/she is a certified jerk you should stop caring and just relax.. you know he's gonna say something stupid just ignore.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami

it is human instinct to be hostile to things we don't understand and no one understands the thought process behind odd preferences other than their own and they really don't want to figure it out.

DanteStyle

但丁是我的
1.There's a thread already about it, try reading dumbass
2. Wow the topic is so stupid i won't waste time replying
3. Nobody cares about your opinion.

Eh....it's not my fault you can read my mind! (j/k, sorta)

@Meg and aoshi - it's like watching my two good friends fighting over air. I still don't get who was being mean to whom or why. :/

I CHOOSE to like Dante over Vergil. I never made the actual conscious choice of liking Kat more than Lady, it just kind of happened, though. I dunno. I saw the word 'choose' in capitals and had to share that :p
So what exactly is a furry? I thought it was just an internet fetish/roleplay thing for humanoid animals? :|

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I CHOOSE to like Dante over Vergil. I never made the actual conscious choice of liking Kat more than Lady, it just kind of happened, though. I dunno. I saw the word 'choose' in capitals and had to share that :p
So what exactly is a furry? I thought it was just an internet fetish/roleplay thing for humanoid animals? :|

It's getting any level of enjoyment out of anthropomorphic animals. Be it that they look cool, sexy, etc to you. Hell, even cat girls and bunny girls are considered furry.

DanteStyle

但丁是我的
It's getting any level of enjoyment out of anthropomorphic animals. Be it that they look cool, sexy, etc to you. Hell, even cat girls and bunny girls are considered furry.

Well that explains all the kitty Vergil's out there.
So since I like Dante and he's half demon, what does that make me? If they have a label for anthropomorphic animal fans, surely they'd have one for fans of half-bred demons?
Also, just so you know you're not alone, I'm a major Beast Wars fan. I looooooooove Cheetor (he was portrayed as Bumble Bee in Transformers).

Oh, and by the way, if people get on your case about it, ask them if they like Bugs Bunny. Case settled, me thinks.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well that explains all the kitty Vergil's out there.
So since I like Dante and he's half demon, what does that make me? If they have a label for anthropomorphic animal fans, surely they'd have one for fans of half-bred demons?
Also, just so you know you're not alone, I'm a major Beast Wars fan. I looooooooove Cheetor (he was portrayed as Bumble Bee in Transformers).

Oh, and by the way, if people get on your case about it, ask them if they like Bugs Bunny. Case settled, me thinks.

Haha, or if they like bunny/cat girls. ;3

Top Bottom