• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who's willing to start up another DMC RP?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yes, you heard me right. I'll explain the rules here, and explain the plot once I get at least two people to join me.

Rules are as follows: Basic RP rules. No power playing, no god-modding, the usual. Each RPer can have up to two characters, and they are allowed to interact. Just don't let them get carried away. This isn't an RP with only you.

The only other prerequisite it someone has to be Dante. OC's are encouraged, but don't all be goody two shoes and be only a good guy. We need villains too, otherwise it'll get stale.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I could possibly try...I never did a RP before so it's up to your discretion if you would like me in it ^_^

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Faustinasa;282962 said:
I could possibly try...I never did a RP before so it's up to your discretion if you would like me in it ^_^

The more the merrier. RPing is pretty easy anyway. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it like *snaps fingers* that. ^_^

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Hehe, alright ^^...I will do my best then! Give me more info about the RP...and I wouldn't mind *trying* to be evil :)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Alright, so, the plot is that Dante has been given a call from an unknown number that told him to go to a forest. This forest is full of evil, and is known as the "Lair of Nothingness". As he goes through the forest, he meets several people along the way, namely your characters. Later, he learns that there are several temples of darkness, each one holding a memory from Dante's troubled past that he must overcome and destroy to destroy the evil emanating from the temples and stop the underworld's resurrection.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Ok, I'll try to come up with a couple characters then. Do they have to be colour coated?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Color coded, you mean? No, not at all. All you have to do is have them set up in basic RP format. And by that, I mean this.

Instead of this: Let's rock, baby!

You put this: Dante smirked, flipping his pistols from their holsters and pointing them at the hoard of demons. "Let's rock, baby!" He said nonchalantly, firing into the crowd.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
:p Alright, I *should* be ok then once I get my characters background started up...when will this RP start?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Once everyone has their characters done. I'd like the bios to be done up in this format.

Name
Personal Items (if any)
Weapons
Powers
Personality
Biography

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
What the hell? I'm convinced to join.

Name: Xavier Whystell
Species/Race: Human
Appearance: http://i52.tinypic.com/35jm0xk.jpg
Personal Items (if any): Carries around a picture of his family in his wallet.
Weapons: Metallic baseball bat and his fists.
Powers: He can run really fast and long and has one hell of an uppercut.
Personality: Quiet, reserved, and rather drawn into himself most of the time. However, there are instances where he can be completely crazy and insane.
Biography: I'll get to this when I'm not being a lazy bitch.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Something like this? I'll edit this later for my other character...and I'll also edit their profiles later.

Name: Cain
Race: Human male
Apperance: Short black hair, lanky/skinny figure.
http://www.hauntedhousesupplies.com/images/MonsterCostumes/TheReaperfull.gif for his cloak. Rope on his waist, whip and pouches are also present on him. He also occasionally carries his tattered spellbook with him.
Personal item: A spellbook his Master gave him
Weapon: Chain-like whip, he calls it Icarus
Power: Apprentice of the Dark Arts (Sorcerery)
Personality: Calm, reserved, perceptive, he keeps to himself most of the time and usually his nose burried in his spellbooks most of the time. When aggrovated he goes berserk but blacks out, when he comes out of his frenzied state he doesn't remember anything prior to his engagement.
Bio: His parents were abusive through out his childhood, blaming all their problems on him. Depending on how severe the problem, determined the form of punishment. As he got older the forms of punishment advanced as well, one of them being beaten by a chain-like whip. He noticed a cloaked figure that has been watching him for some time now throughout his childhood, curious what the man wanted he talked to the man and he said that he has great potential to be an apprentice of his. He accepted and asked the man for help for one thing only before he was fully under his wing, to help murder his parents. He killed them with their own whip and took off with Sorcerer, turning his back to humanity.

Name: Rinaldo
Race: Undead Demon
Apperance:http://media.photobucket.com/image/demon sorcerer/VampyreKnightChaos/Evilsorcerer.jpg?o=2 for his apperance
Personal Item: His apprentice, Cain. (I know he's not an item)
Weapon: Staff of Souls
Power: Master of the Dark Arts (Sorcerery)
Personality: Quiet, calm, reserved, he also has a sense of dark humour. Protective, he keeps a close eye on his young apprentice.
Bio: He's an exiled Sorcerer. He travelled the through out the demon world for endless years in a fruitless search for a suitable apprentice, he then stumbled across a portal that linked to the human world. As he travelled within the human realm he sensed a great power near by and spied upon a malnurished child being ruthlessly beaten by his parents. Over the years he silently watched over him, waiting for the boy to come to him. The chosen day came, and now the young man before him requested his aid in killing his parents, he happily obliged. After the deed was carried out, Cain is now his apprentice of the Dark Arts.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Err...how do mine sound? Also note, by Dark Magic I mean some small spells, summoning spirits/entites, life stealing magic and a touch of controlling the elements. I'll be perfecting them to make them not godly, they will have restrictions for sure. :)

Edit: Small spells require little mental concentration (low exhaustion). Stonger the spell, higher the exhaustion. Some spells also require a prep. time as well (minutes, hours, days), along with a massive amounts of concentration. If your mind isn't strong enough the spell will kill you before it's completed.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Jeez. Talk about bleak. Spellcasting is definitely NOT for the faint of heart...

Alright, so, if no one's going to be Dante, I will. I trust you guys don't need to see his bio. The only detail I need to tell you is that it's his DMC1 persona, so he's serious when the situation calls for it.

Here's my other character...

Name: Xevnas Arogazi
Species/Race: Human-Lizard-Demon
Appearance
DanielKay_1114199792_darker6.jpg

Personal Items: An amulet his mother gave him and a bracelet his father gave him.
Weapon: Broadsword that can turn into a bladed whip, named Greshall's Spine.
Powers: Enhanced strength and reflexes.
Personality: Slightly cold and dark, but loyal when you get on his good side.
Biography: Orphaned at an early age, he learned to fend for himself. When he'd hit 13,000 (about 15 mentally) he was raped twice, by a man and then a woman. This fueled his dark personality, and he tries to be a loner. However, there is a drive within him that cannot be repressed, and that is the drive to be with someone. Anyone, if it means not being alone. So, he's wandered to a forest near a city, hoping he'll find someone to be with.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Faustinasa;283008 said:
Oh, should I change it to something else then?

Wha? No, no no, I was just commenting on that. Nothing to be alarmed about. I want there to be as much freedom as possible.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Ok :) It's just that spellcasting is easily one of the things that can make you "god-like". I just wanted to show my views on how magic could be exhausting, and how it can limit you...I don't want it to be like there's no strings attached for my magics. ^_^ It will I guess you can say...make me think of how to use them in battle w/o killing myself XD

Top Bottom