• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who's really to blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UZUDAE

This one I'm going to remain absolutely silent on for the most part, unless asked my opinions. But...

if you're mad about the new DmC, or even just want to post your opinon then here's the question-

Who's fault is all of this anger? Do we blame the western studio who has made some radical, controversial changes to the game? Or do we blame the eastern company who pretty much dumped this game in their lap and said "re-imagine it"?

Again, no bias, I want to hear YOUR thoughts

UZUDAE

Yeah, I can agree with that. Even if they DID make poor decisions (Which is subjective) my heart goes out to them.

Its tough to inherit one of the biggest franchises in gaming. I had the same sympathy for Double Helix, even though they absolutely butchered Silent Hill in my personal opinion

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I say for one, Capcom is to blame for the re-imaging. They wanted Dante to be changed in a very drastic way and Ninja Theory is just taking it as it comes. They don't really have the choice in the matter since they are working under Capom's watching eye for DmC.

As for the fans, each individual is to blame for getting as bad as it can get. If they just cooled down their hot heads it might've not have gotten so out of hand.

Meg

Is it really fair to blame anyone? Look at how impossible DMC fans are. People are always complaining about some aspect of the games. Not only that but DMC4 wasn't as successful as the other games. Maybe Capcom just figured they needed to do something really different to get people to pay attention to DMC again. Of course what they didn't isolated many long time fans.

UZUDAE

Hmmm, this is very true. I guess nobody is to blame for the anger itself other than the fans. I guess the question is more or less, then, who should take responsibility for sparking the controversy?

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
ummm...*flips coin* Capcom :lol:
seriously, can anyone count on one hand how many games they've screwed up/overused?

R.I.P. Viewtiful Joe...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was just gonna be weird and blame both because i think they both are too blame for the predicament that we are stuck in because Capcom should be blamed for the idea but ninja theory should be blamed for bad pr but then again we dont know the power ratio for their work dynamic so its too hard to figure out who to blame.
Its just another bullet on the list of things we don't know

Meg

UZUDAE;293882 said:
Hmmm, this is very true. I guess nobody is to blame for the anger itself other than the fans. I guess the question is more or less, then, who should take responsibility for sparking the controversy?

No one. Sometimes no one is to blame and this is one of those times.

UZUDAE

Yeah, there's a lot of vagueness swirling around this new project. To be honest I'd say that Ninja Theory's one big, BIG mistake was showing everybody their cards too early into the game.

They shouldn't have dropped such a shocker without having some information to go with it. That's just bad publicity waiting to happen

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Capcom has this whole "Westernization" philosophy going on that started with Inafune and his whole idea on Japanese developers being exactly like the west. Dont get me wrong...I love western games, well some of them, but I love the quirkiness the Japanese have in their games. All the devs there really need is some money and tech, but I digress.

Its primarily Capcom's fault. They were the ones, for whatever reason that makes zero sense to the fanbase, decided on this Extreme Makeover: Capcom's ****ed-Up Edition. That said, the fanbase arent really in the wrong imo. They advertised something, we disliked it, its well in our right. Just because we are fans of the series doesn't mean we just have to eat up any game they slap the "DMC" label on. So no I don't think the fans are overreacting. Most of the backlash isnt even because of Ninja Theory being the developer or the game being a prequel reboot, most of the backlash is from the appearance of the new Dante. Out of, what, a crapload of designs Ninja Theory must of presented Capcom and they chose...this? Whaaat? This may be the worst redesign Capcom has done since Grin's Nathan "Rad" Spencer for Bionic Commando.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
I'm not really sure if we can pick and blame in specific, hey... I mean, I'm sure Capcom just wanted to change our outlook of Devil May Cry a bit - give our imagination and thought of it a broader plate.

For Ninja Theory's part -- I'm sure if they have the passion for Devil May Cry, they would make it something spectacular... all we can honestly do about this is wait for some more information on the upcoming DmC.
For Capcom's part -- They probably have an idea for it - Dante, our beloved protaginist. Yet this idea is falling short. Maybe they don't want to make the game with a single, straight-forward story and bore Devil May Cry fans to death? They probably have their idea, but want Ninja Theory to elaborate on it and re-invent; maybe put on some more flesh to it.

I don't really think anyone is to blame for DmC~.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I guess it's Capcom as supposedly they forced NT's hand but it's hard to know where the pity stops. I mean Ninja Theory are still making it and the ideas are coming from them right?

What im wondering is if Capcom left Ninja Theory to their own devices would they have just carried on the story and did the predictable "OMG Vergil is alive after all through some unexplained means" story. Something tells me they probably would have done just to keep the majority sweet.

Osaka

trollololol
I'd hazard a guess and say both are to blame. It'll either sink or swim and if it sinks then Capcom will probably blame Ninja Theory for re-imaging it too badly.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Osaka;293931 said:
I'd hazard a guess and say both are to blame. It'll either sink or swim and if it sinks then Capcom will probably blame Ninja Theory for re-imaging it too badly.

in my opinion, they should've went to Tean Ninja or Platinum Games...then again i c y they didn't go to PG :dry:

UZUDAE

in mmy opinion, they should've went to Tean Ninja or Platinum Games...

After what they did with Metroid: Other M, I don't think ANYBODY will be letting them handle their franchise for a while, and with good reason. Team Ninja really botched that game.

What im wondering is if Capcom left Ninja Theory to their own devices would they have just carried on the story and did the predictable "OMG Vergil is alive after all through some unexplained means" story. Something tells me they probably would have done just to keep the majority sweet.

It raises the interesting question- are we, as DMC fans, too hard to please? I mean think about it, we're all yelling and screaming because its too "different," but if they had just piggy-backed on all of the existing plot and gameplay mechanics what would have happened? We would have all been complaining that it was too stale, the same old

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I actually enjoyed Other M, much to the shock and unneeded horror of my friends.

I think that the ones that are hard to please are just the minority. They just happen to be a lot louder than the majority of conformists.

UZUDAE

Awww, I'm a conformist? lol

I guess that disappoints me, but just a little, I'll get over it.

I just don't get the rage for the sole reason that we know NOTHING about this new game? Why become an angry pitchfork wielding mob over a game, that for all intents and purposes, does NOT even really exist yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom