• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who would want a DMC online function???

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I haven't played Ninja Gaiden much. I downloaded Razor edge or what its name is, and played demo a little but stopped.
Anyway i think your idea is good, but i dont see it happening.
capcom as business dont care much.
But it does not mean one should give up hope, just be real about it.

Another approach to make people compete is making a "Group vs Group", sorta like dancing.

Two groups of three members clash.

Group A , Player 1 vs Group B, Player 1 = its about impressing the viewers
Group A, Player 2 vs Group B, Player 2 = again same thing

And it will then be up to watchers to decide who won.
capcom can provide rewards and also support a "TrueStyle site" where all dmc fans gather to compete.

Example, you can register a group at TrueStyle site.
You enter username of members, and then the group will be listed at the site

Just my take on how to gather people :p

I know i know be realistic but you cant tell me that this kind of online function would bring dmc back and make capcom a ton of money in sales

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
WHY?! What's so wrong with a single player game?! Not everyone likes online play.

It would be optional of course the game would still have a main story, bloody palace, with all the modes and even some dlc levels for full on single play online and multiplayer would simply be optional not mandatory it would still be a devil may cry game but with online capabilities

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
It would be optional of course the game would still have a main story, bloody palace, with all the modes and even some dlc levels for full on single play online and multiplayer would simply be optional not mandatory it would still be a devil may cry game but with online capabilities

But there would be trophies and achievements which could only be unlocked through online play.
I just wouldn't what's happening to Legacy of Kain to happen to another of my fave franchises.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
But there would be trophies and achievements which could only be unlocked through online play.
I just wouldn't what's happening to Legacy of Kain to happen to another of my fave franchises.

If it would please the people we can put it to a vote but yes more then likely there would be achievements for online play its only far but thats no diff then games with achievements only recieved by DLC

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Well, it would be optional then. It's not like it would be mandatory or anything. The more options a player has in a game, the more fun it'll be imo.

Lol look at me. I'm speaking like it's gonna happen anyway. I need to stop :lol:

I know but its a good idea and this kind of game would sell like hot cakes

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Anything involving multiplayer in DMC games would be great. I had a friend over once, and I was so bummed that we couldn't just play against each other or in a team. But then, if it were online, I'd have to buy Xbox Live Gold, and that's expensive as hell. So... offline multiplayer for me :p Of course, chances are they won't focus on the plots or characters as much as before, and I'm not sure I'd want that.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
como-hacer-hot-cakes-caseros-receta1.jpeg

Yes please!!

I've been thinking something similar lately. If it's catching on, hopefully Capcom are toying with the idea as well? ESP for the win!
What I'd really love for DMC is this:
LIKE DO IT CAPCOM! I WANTZ IT!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
On line multiplayer would be a bad idea for a few reasons;

one of them being the combo enthusiast. They'll be hogging up all the enemies with their combo skills and it would be all confusing. I mean look at this comboing.

How's anyone else gonna get their hands on some demons when all the master players has them?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Like i said i am positive to what your suggesting. I am just being cynical about it ever happening.
capcom is being very stupid as of late.

On line multiplayer would be a bad idea for a few reasons;

one of them being the combo enthusiast. They'll be hogging up all the enemies with their combo skills and it would be all confusing. I mean look at this comboing.

How's anyone else gonna get their hands on some demons when all the master players has them?

I understand what your both saying yes its unlikely capcom will make this happen but i have hope and its a good idea and yes xbox live gold does cost money i would pay to have this kind of function in devil may cry and as for hogging enemies i stated earlier we would increase the amount of enemies turn up the diffuculty level and make the style bar coop as well meaning both players have to participate and work together to get a sss

Dark Drakan

Admin
Maybe an optional form of a co-op mode (I wish more games had fully fleshed out co-op) but dont think it needs any sort of competitive deathmatch style multiplayer as it just wouldnt fit.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Maybe an optional form of a co-op mode (I wish more games had fully fleshed out co-op) but dont think it needs any sort of competitive deathmatch style multiplayer as it just wouldnt fit.

Like i siad the online "option" would be similar to that of Ninja gaiden 3 razors edge online modes the trials, clan battles, and such, with dmc it would be coop level challenges, coop bloody palace, vs mode, customizable unknown devil hunter, etc im sure we wouldnt be able to do everything but an online option at all would be cool

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Well the idea doesn't sound half bad but i just don't see how a DMC gameplay could fit into an online mode.

Same way ninja gaiden gameplay fit into an online mode it used to be a single player game and then boom all of a sudden multiplayer its not the greatest but its decent and it definitely makes it more fun

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Same way ninja gaiden gameplay fit into an online mode it used to be a single player game and then boom all of a sudden multiplayer its not the greatest but its decent and it definitely makes it more fun

But DMC is a different monster compared to Ninja Gaiden.

Like I said, those combo experts will be hogging up all the kills and it'd just be combo mad vids for master players while normal players are left in the dust.

Maybe if the mechanic of JC was gotten rid of, and no grappling hooks, then maybe a co-op would work.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
But DMC is a different monster compared to Ninja Gaiden..
^^this.. i just don't see how a PVP function in a DMC game would work.. typically DMC games are built around single player in mind..

So for online to work they have to make a DMC game enteirely focused on Co-op mode which i don't see happening.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
^^this.. i just don't see how a PVP function in a DMC game would work.. typically DMC games are built around single player in mind..

So for online to work they have to make a DMC game enteirely focused on Co-op mode which i don't see happening.

But DMC is a different monster compared to Ninja Gaiden.

Like I said, those combo experts will be hogging up all the kills and it'd just be combo mad vids for master players while normal players are left in the dust.

Maybe if the mechanic of JC was gotten rid of, and no grappling hooks, then maybe a co-op would work.

Ok so more enemies in the levels for coop or the players begin on opposite sides of the level and then meet in the middle that way each player gets his own set of enemies so no hogging possible and bloody palae double the enemies maybe 2.5 x the enemies just to be fair okay and envision this pvp would be the same as..dmc3 when you vs vergil on the top of the tower but instead vergil would be controlled by another player and yes jc would have to be somewhat lessened

Top Bottom