• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who would want a DMC online function???

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Ok so more enemies in the levels for coop or the players begin on opposite sides of the level and then meet in the middle that way each player gets his own set of enemies so no hogging possible and bloody palae double the enemies maybe 2.5 x the enemies just to be fair okay and envision this pvp would be the same as..dmc3 when you vs vergil on the top of the tower but instead vergil would be controlled by another player and yes jc would have to be somewhat lessened

Okay, a little better, but it will be a bit unorthodox to start a multiplayer game with the playwes far away from each other then meeting up in the middle. What if one player doesn't make it and is still fighting demons; does the other player have to wait there for him to show up?

I was about to say that the multiplayer should just be bloody palace with two players in it. That way both would be in the same place to fight. And with jump canceling lessened, no grappling, and the increase of a lot of enemies on screen, it could work. But then there's the thought of which engine will they use to do it and will that engine support DMC's style of gameplay, along with the number of enemies that will be on screen.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Okay, a little better, but it will be a bit unorthodox to start a multiplayer game with the playwes far away from each other then meeting up in the middle. What if one player doesn't make it and is still fighting demons; does the other player have to wait there for him to show up?

I was about to say that the multiplayer should just be bloody palace with two players in it. That way both would be in the same place to fight. And with jump canceling lessened, no grappling, and the increase of a lot of enemies on screen, it could work. But then there's the thought of which engine will they use to do it and will that engine support DMC's style of gameplay, along with the number of enemies that will be on screen.

Yes if the other player reaches first they will wait and even get a time bonus for style points for finishing fast enough and while he is waiting the other player will continue to fight and bring up his style meter to add his style points to the first player to try and get an overall sss(now if the other player is dicking around the first can exit the game but the score is forfieted so be careful who you play with) and i would assume the same kind of engine ninja gaiden used or something similar

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Yes if the other player reaches first they will wait and even get a time bonus for style points for finishing fast enough and while he is waiting the other player will continue to fight and bring up his style meter to add his style points to the first player to try and get an overall sss(now if the other player is dicking around the first can exit the game but the score is forfieted so be careful who you play with) and i would assume the same kind of engine ninja gaiden used or something similar

Well then gamers will say "I'M GETTING SSS AND NOT DOING A THING! THIS IS NOT DEVIL MAY CRY!!" Not only that, but using the "be careful who you play with" card is a bit unsettling because its basically not for novices who don't know how to play DMC. Plus the player who finished first would get bored of waiting, thus walking away from the game everytime he's done.

You could do it as this; when the first players done but the second one is having issues, the first player could go to where the second player is and kill demons with him.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
what fun will it be though if one player is far superior to the other and the inferior player is holding them back then both players are annoyed, one because he is held back and the other because he looks a,fool and is getting left behind

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Well then gamers will say "I'M GETTING SSS AND NOT DOING A THING! THIS IS NOT DEVIL MAY CRY!!" Not only that, but using the "be careful who you play with" card is a bit unsettling because its basically not for novices who don't know how to play DMC. Plus the player who finished first would get bored of waiting, thus walking away from the game everytime he's done.

You could do it as this; when the first players done but the second one is having issues, the first player could go to where the second player is and kill demons with him.

what fun will it be though if one player is far superior to the other and the inferior player is holding them back then both players are annoyed, one because he is held back and the other because he looks a,fool and is getting left behind

Both valid points to be made but its the same thing with ninja gaiden i mean your character was far superior to mine but i still helped and contirbuted and with one player coming over to help you run the risk of people hogging enemies so i guess what would be best is if one player finishes first then his style score should be locked upon entering "the finish line" then more enemies will generate at the "finish line" then the first player will have something to do to bring up his style score if its low or kill time and what well do is use the first players kills at the finish line contribute to the total score of the mission or trial while the second player gets docked points for falling behind that way the pressure is on for the second player and the first player can still help out not be bored and style rank high for his part of the mission so first player finishes first enters the finish line option comes up to lock his score or continue first player picks continue fights some enemies raises his style to sss decides to lock his score in and then the first player has a choice to continue fighting for fun or just wait for 2nd player and then after that second player enters the line and his score is entered however he does not get a chance to raise his score so its encouraged to try and style high and finish fast then both styles are added together to make a total score. and yes be careful who you play with this is online like halo or gaiden or cod so if you pick a bad partner its on you

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Not only that, but using the "be careful who you play with" card is a bit unsettling because its basically not for novices who don't know how to play DMC.

DMD SOS HELL AND HELL HEAVEN AND HELL are not for novices either and that the point you either get good to come online and get the achievements and play with the pros or you dont and stay on single player we not want novices we want veterans and while novices can come online nodisrespect i think well make it so they cant access the online coop unless they have beaten idk sos atleast sound fair?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
DMD SOS HELL AND HELL HEAVEN AND HELL are not for novices either and that the point you either get good to come online and get the achievements and play with the pros or you dont and stay on single player we not want novices we want veterans and while novices can come online nodisrespect i think well make it so they cant access the online coop unless they have beaten idk sos atleast sound fair?(the above note didnt quote the way i wanted it too lol)

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
The same way you cant play hard mode untill youve beaten easy or normal atleast right?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
In ng3re most of the time expert players carry novices and noobs and fail over said noobs dying.The same will happen in a dmc online as players not good enough will die which results in a fail for both players even if one does well.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
In ng3re most of the time expert players carry novices and noobs and fail over said noobs dying.The same will happen in a dmc online as players not good enough will die which results in a fail for both players even if one does well.

Whish is why we make it so you can only access the online play once you have completed the sos mode then i mean beyond that there is no way to prevent that that is a constant thing with online which is why i say pick your partners

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
you can't know what peoples skill level is so picking isn't that easy.Also there are those who will just scrape through sos by hoarding items so in a setting with no items or gold orbs they will still possibly die.The choosing of partners won't be easy you don't know who you will get.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
you can't know what peoples skill level is so picking isn't that easy.Also there are those who will just scrape through sos by hoarding items so in a setting with no items or gold orbs they will still possibly die.The choosing of partners won't be easy you don't know who you will get.

This is true *sigh* do you have any suggestions then in terms of a way to make this work for both parties in terms of skill levels...wait skill levels okay how bout this when you begin the online coop just like halo you have a rank however certain ranks can only play with certain ranks and you build your rank through furtheer coop play and trails and such..yes i know that is stepping the line and very risky but its the best i got

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
different lobbies for skill level i think would work like begginer lobby and have levels like beginner up to 20 medium to level 50 etc and top players be level 99 that way nobody is paired up wrong

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
different lobbies for skill level i think would work like begginer lobby and have levels like beginner up to 20 medium to level 50 etc and top players be level 99 that way nobody is paired up wrong

I was literally about to type that lobbies is a great way to make sure everyone has the same skill level and still be fair to all but you have to have the ranking to enter certain lobbies :) sooooo any other ways this wont work i mean i know this might never happen but i think its a good idea and ill stand by it but id like to hear other opinions and cover any doubted areas

Top Bottom