• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who is the "real" Dante and the best one?

Who is the "real" Dante and the best one?

• DMC1

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • DMC3

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • DMC4

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • DMC2

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

Sunaka Marién

For me the "real" Dante would be DMC1 & DMC3 Dante.

DMC1 is where it all started, his original personality, the way he was intented to be. He is respectful towards the demons he faces (at least to some degree), he can be funny if he wants to but not in such an exaggerated way as he behaves in 4 (it's become kinda embarassing to watch for me :ermm: ), he is kinda 'vulnerable', eg. in that cutscene right before that last fight with Nelo Angelo, he ducks a little and raises his arms in a protective way - something he's never done in any of the other games (exept for DmC) if I recall correctly. I just really like that personality for him, he's entertaining but also has a somewhat 'nobel' feeling about him, which DMC4 for example hasn't, and he's kind and forgiving - and isn't that one of the best character traits you could have?
Aditionally, his 1 self is also what usually gets used in non-DMC games he appears in, like Shin Megami Tensei Nocturn, he's got his DMC2 looks, but his 1 personality, the anime also comes closer to his 1 personality than any other, and in ProjectXZone he's pretty much 1Dante aswell, maybe a bit more talkactive and sassy, but still.

Now, given that DMC3 is set long before DMC1, DMC3 Dante makes sense personality wise aswell, he's young, he's got no reason, no respect, but by the end of 3 he has changed, and it seems logical for him to develop into DMC1 Dante from there.

Buuuuuut quite obviously my fav Dante will forever be DmC Dante :p whatacutie<3
Anyway dmc1 Dante is the most Dante of them all.
I guess that's the best way to put it :3

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
It's great the poll votes go to DMC1 Dante. And I'm one of those who voted that Dante!

Because this Dante is the very first one and only Original Dante after all. Because of Hideki Kamiya's Tweets regarding "Dante has changed", I can be safe to say I can now care less how Dante can be interpreted differently, because he came off differently each time.
It's like he was rebooted over and over! :lol:

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
As far as the "real" one, I'm going to say DMC1 (even though all four of them are pretty real to me...?.) but as far as the best...my vote is for DMC4.

IncarnatedDemon

The poll reflects my favourite Dantes.

#1 , the one, the only, the original, THE Dante

#4 the perfect sword taker, Best in his league at playing dead, at taking a beating,
i present to you...TROLL DANTE.
* applaus* WOOOW *high pitch whistle'***

berto

I Saw the Devil
May I have your attention please?
Will the real Son of Sparda please stand up?
I repeat, will the real Son of Sparda please stand up?
We're gonna have a problem here..

Y'all act like you never seen a white haired person before...

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Will the real Son of Sparda please stand up?
I repeat, will the real Son of Sparda please stand up?
We're gonna have a problem here..

Y'all act like you never seen a white haired person before...

jaws all on the floor like agni and rudra burst through the door
and i started woopin their asses like i've done before
they never were forced to kneel beheaded on floors (ah)
it's the return of the oh wait...no wait...you're kidding
he didn't just do what i think he did did he?
and mundus said...NOTHING YOU IDIOTS
mundus is dead, he's locked in trish's basement

The Rebellion

"We do what we want "
i say dmc 3 only because he is to darn badass stands up to every boss with a joke whats not to love beside DmC dante drunk man who opens a door naked for peaks sake

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
It all started with Devil May Cry 1 Dante so I give that credit. But most people stick with Dante's awsome character because of Devil May Cry 3. That-game-wich-must-not-be-named has a worst Dante than DmC. But Dante is Dante no matter wich way you stab it.

Top Bottom