• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who is stronger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Everything that has a beginning has an end, LordOfDarkness. As you wish and I understand.

Loved the quote and thanks for the respect you've shown here =)

Also, may I ask what your points were to supporting why Dante is the superior warrior? Not to argue against anything, just curious.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Loved the quote and thanks for the respect you've shown here =)

Also, may I ask what your points were to supporting why Dante is the superior warrior? Not to argue against anything, just curious.
1. He his the son of Sparda,so he got the strongest devil blood in him.
2. He' s actions in genaral are greater than Nero.
- Stop Arkham and Vergil to have Sparda's power.
- Sealed Mundus back to hell, like Sparda did.
- Facing of against Temi-ni-Gru's guardians.
- Defeating the Phantom, who was considered as a strong demon by Trish.
- Beats Griffon, a general of Mundus.
- Make his brother exploded, when he was in the Nero Angelo state of mind and body.
- He managed to have rumours of him surpassing his father. ( His still inferior to Sparda)
- All the DMC4 boss are nothing to him.
- He defeats Bolverek, who claimed to have battle Sparda.
3. His more badass.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
- Stopped Arkham and Vergil to have Sparda's power.
- Sealed Mundus back to hell, like Sparda did.
- Facing of against Temen-Ni-Gru's guardians.
- Defeating the Phantom, who was considered as a strong demon by Trish.
- Beats Griffon, a general of Mundus.
- Makes his brother explode, when he was in the Nelo Angelo state of mind and body.
- He managed to have rumours of him surpassing his father (He's still inferior to Sparda).
- All the DMC4 bosses are nothing to him.
- He defeats Bolverek, who claimed to have battled Sparda.

Nice points indeed. I will state several things towards them however. Dante needed Vergil's help to defeat Arkham, he couldn't do it on his own. Dante also needed Trish's help to seal Mundus, he couldn't do that on his own either. He doesn't technically kill Griffon, just fatally wounds him. Mundus destroys Griffon for his failure in battle against Dante. Vergil's corruption wasn't in his favour. When he saw the amulet the first time they fought he freaked out. I think his corruption let him down in his battle against Dante, so he definitely wasn't in his own perfect state of mind (Making him weaker). All your other points I've got nothing against, they're good solid points that I respect.

D-Sparda

Nice points indeed. I will state several things towards them however. Dante needed Vergil's help to defeat Arkham, he couldn't do it on his own. Dante also needed Trish's help to seal Mundus, he couldn't do that on his own either. He doesn't technically kill Griffon, just fatally wounds him. Mundus destroys Griffon for his failure in battle against Dante. Vergil's corruption wasn't in his favour. When he saw the amulet the first time they fought he freaked out. I think his corruption let him down in his battle against Dante, so he definitely wasn't in his own perfect state of mind (Making him weaker). All your other points I've got nothing against, they're good solid points that I respect.
Speaking of Vergil's corruption, don't you think it's weird that he was defeated so easely in the second battle, while in the first battle he was dominating until he saw the amulet.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Speaking of Vergil's corruption, don't you think it's weird that he was defeated so easely in the second battle, while in the first battle he was dominating until he saw the amulet.

You're totally right. I thought that myself, just never said it. It was weird, very weird. What was controlling him? I thought it was Mundus. But Mundus wanted Vergil to beat Dante. It was almost like Mundus didn't want Vergil to win, but perhaps to just die anyway.

D-Sparda

You're totally right. I thought that myself, just never said it. It was weird, very weird. What was controlling him? I thought it was Mundus. But Mundus wanted Vergil to beat Dante. It was almost like Mundus didn't want Vergil to win, but perhaps to just die anyway.
Well now that I think about it, Kamiya did a bad job developping Nero/Nelo Angelo. He should of put more dephts to him, since he's Dante's brother.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
He was probally weaker because he was not all there, after seeing the amulet he may not have been under Mundus's control as much as before because Vergil may have been fighting back and so we get a weaker Nero/Nelo Angelo.
But that's just what i think.
Also as I have stated before.... I don't believe Vergil died.... not going to argue.... just don't think he did.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014

The amulet could've weakened him some after the first encounter, which prompted him to lose quickly in the second one and made Vergil power himself up in the final bout because he thought he'd need it.

Mundus wanting Vergil to die is probably not far from the mark either. Vergil IS a Son of Sparda, and thus is a great threat to Mundus should he ever break control.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
The amulet could've weakened him some after the first encounter, which prompted him to lose quickly in the second one and made Vergil power himself up in the final bout because he thought he'd need it.

Mundus wanting Vergil to die is probably not far from the mark either. Vergil IS a Son of Sparda, and thus is a great threat to Mundus should he ever break control.

Yeah, it must have been the amulet that weakened him.
I understand that much, but one line that Mundus says to Dante sounds as if he wanted Dante to join his side.
With Dante on his side, there would be no one strong enough to oppose him....
Now if only i could remember that line.... hmmm

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020

That sounds incredibly plausible to me. It must of had something to do with the amulet. It must of weakened Nelo Angelo because at that moment he was having thoughts about his past and who he truly was. After the first encounter with Dante and seeing the amulet, Nelo Angelo must of been thinking on the amulet which caused him much distress. The second time they fought, Nelo Angelo was becoming more like Vergil. Example, he removes his helmet and reveals himself. Vergil wanted it to be like how they use to fight each other, he wanted to see his brother through his eyes. And to be honest, I don't think he even wanted to fight Dante anyway. He wanted to break free from his corruption. The whole reason he went to Mallet Island was to defeat Mundus. What would of been a cool ending would of been if Vergil had returned towards the end to help Dante defeat a more powerful Mundus, just like how he had helped Dante defeat Arkham.

And I agree, I don't think Mundus cared whether Vergil lost either way. As you said, he's still a son of Sparda and would of always posed as a potential threat to him.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
well actually dante didnt need help with defeating arkham vergil came outta nowhere to have his own piece of the action but during the gameplay we really needed vergil arkham is a tough boss to beat because of the snake dolphin thingies he has with him. and u might need to correct something they didnt fight him in timi-ni-gru but in the demon world

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I don't know, I just got the feeling that Vergil needed to help Dante. I personally don't think he would of won that battle without his brother's help, since Arkham was a tough boss (Like you said). But then again, that's just my opinion.

DeamonslayeR

i know its ur opinion man just cuz what i said in the other other thread dosent mean u have to say all the time forget about it.oh and dante was very confident and at ease when he faced arkham dissing him and even at the point where vergil arrived that clearly puts it out that he couldve taken him on alone. and vergil once told arkham in the game to not underestimate him even vergil knows hes powerfull becuz their the sons of sparda

DMC

Devil May Cry
i think nero would be PHYSICALLY becuase he gained much experience during that short amount of time. Nero can also absorb energy from enemies body parts. If they had the same amount of expirience, Nero could easily surpass Dante. So if he is well matched, would that make some kind of connection with Vergil/Dante, since Vergil was the only person who was well matched with Dante?

DeamonslayeR

i think nero would be PHYSICALLY becuase he gained much experience during that short amount of time. Nero can also absorb energy from enemies body parts. If they had the same amount of expirience, Nero could easily surpass Dante. So if he is well matched, would that make some kind of connection with Vergil/Dante, since Vergil was the only person who was well matched with Dante?
nero gets the energy while dante gets that same energy and experience in the form of weapons from defeating boses so dante would still be more powerfull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom