• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who else thinks that DmC is good and DMC actually needed a reboot?

Terrutas

Heya, what have I missed?^_^

Ummm, anyway. As far as this topic is concerned, I liked the old DMC, I grew up with it. DMC2 was hit and miss for me, I liked 1 and I really liked 3; 4 looked really good graphically, and the combat brought something new with Nero, but it felt like a letdown compared to what had come before thanks to Dante feeling like he was an added extra, the really awful story and the backtracking for Dante like he didn't matter.

I think if DMC4 had been better, then I wouldn't have wanted a reboot. Or maybe if Capcom could have salvaged things with DMC5 to just get all the plot holes fixed up that would have been fine.But Cpacom made the call to reboot, and I'm oay with that. I liked the reboot, I appreciated what they had tried to do, but there is room to improve. ^_^
The reboot was uncalled for,There were many openings left in the original series in terms of story(which wasn't that good I admit,but still.)

in terms of gameplay however which actually matters,every game was a stepping point for DMC,so why did we just go 4 games backwards? shouldn't they elaborate on the previous games?
I mean I know it's supposed to be a re-imagining or something but it's so poorly executed it's extremely disappointing when you're expecting a Devil May Cry game.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The reboot was uncalled for,There were many openings left in the original series in terms of story(which wasn't that good I admit,but still.)

in terms of gameplay however which actually matters,every game was a stepping point for DMC,so why did we just go 4 games backwards? shouldn't they elaborate on the previous games?
I mean I know it's supposed to be a re-imagining or something but it's so poorly executed it's extremely disappointing when you're expecting a Devil May Cry game.
It was uncalled for by you, but not by Capcom.

I did say that the original story needed finishing, and I would have liked that before they thought of a reboot, but that's not how it went down.

And it's your opinion when it comes go the gameplay. If you want to compain about that, write to Capcom as they were working very closely with NT on that, well, to the point of basically making it seeing as NT's combat is lackluster.

I was expecting a DMC game, and I got one.It's just different. I started off hating the game from the very first trailer, but I grew to like it and gave it a shot. I liked it. End of.

As for reimagining, it's like DMC3 Dante was a reimagining of DMC Dante, and DMC2 Dante was different again. DMC4 was a rehash of DMC3 Dante, which should not have been (at least for me). You can't tell me after all that time DMC4 Dante never changed from 3. >_< And each game has added something to the combat.
What bugs me about DmC though is the devil mode dodge. It was not needed with the angel dodge already there.That should have been something like the royal guard style.
And yep, the style meter does give out SSS like a candy dispenser at the end, but I don't really care about that. Others might to varying degrees. :p

That's about it I guess. ^_^

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

This reboot was something this series needed. To say DmC is poor is quite frankly just wrong. I mean, I like the original series as well but DmC does surpass the originals in aspects already. The emphasis on narrative is stronger than any Devil May Cry and this is also the best voice acting the series has ever seen. Just because it isn't your anime fanfiction doesn't make it bad. Different does not equal bad and I don't see how can so many people just praise the original series so much and diss everything on the reboot like it did nothing right or is the worst game ever because DmC is a good Devil May Cry and overall a good game. It did some impressive things and if you just take off your fanboyism and quit being so narrow minded you'd recognize it. But you just don't want to. Honestly, Capcom was at a creative dead end. While the very first is still my favorite DmC is better than 2 and 4 hands down.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
It was uncalled for by you, but not by Capcom.

I did say that the original story needed finishing, and I would have liked that before they thought of a reboot, but that's not how it went down.

And it's your opinion when it comes go the gameplay. If you want to compain about that, write to Capcom as they were working very closely with NT on that, well, to the point of basically making it seeing as NT's combat is lackluster.

I was expecting a DMC game, and I got one.It's just different. I started off hating the game from the very first trailer, but I grew to like it and gave it a shot. I liked it. End of.

As for reimagining, it's like DMC3 Dante was a reimagining of DMC Dante, and DMC2 Dante was different again. DMC4 was a rehash of DMC3 Dante, which should not have been (at least for me). You can't tell me after all that time DMC4 Dante never changed from 3. >_< And each game has added something to the combat.
What bugs me about DmC though is the devil mode dodge. It was not needed with the angel dodge already there.That should have been something like the royal guard style.
And yep, the style meter does give out SSS like a candy dispenser at the end, but I don't really care about that. Others might to varying degrees. :p

That's about it I guess. ^_^
You know, as the days go by..I realize more and more that you're ballin'.
But yeah, the series did need a reboot..and hell DmC2 (more and likely hopefully will be real) will fix all the problems people had with DmC.
It's all in the matter of time..patience.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
You know, as the days go by..I realize more and more that you're ballin'.
But yeah, the series did need a reboot..and hell DmC2 (more and likely hopefully will be real) will fix all the problems people had with DmC.
It's all in the matter of time..patience.
Excuse my ignorance, but what is 'ballin'? ^_^

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
I don't even know, I was just quoting a game, except the character said "You know, as the days go by I realize more and more that you're NOT ballin'."
...maybe it means you are AWESOME?! :D

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I don't even know, I was just quoting a game, except the character said "You know, as the days go by I realize more and more that you're NOT ballin'."
...maybe it means you are AWESOME?! :D
Oh, sweet! Thanks for that:D Now I can use this smiley face :cool: I'm cool.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
GroveStreetFamilies-GTASA-members.jpg

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
:lol: They be ballin' too! Standing around and ballin'.

Anyway,getting waaay away from the topic. Anyone want to chip anything in?^_^
I really do think they should have finished the story of the original DMC. There was so much there to answer and explore. I did hear that the next game was going to involve Dante being in hell, finding Nelo Angelo and with Lady and Trish along for the ride. That sounds so cool. I really wish they had made that first before whoever decided to do the reboot made that call. It just sounded like such a cool plot, and anything with Nelo Angelo gets my vote.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
:lol: They be ballin' too! Standing around and ballin'.

Anyway,getting waaay away from the topic. Anyone want to chip anything in?^_^
I really do think they should have finished the story of the original DMC. There was so much there to answer and explore. I did hear that the next game was going to involve Dante being in hell, finding Nelo Angelo and with Lady and Trish along for the ride. That sounds so cool. I really wish they had made that first before whoever decided to do the reboot made that call. It just sounded like such a cool plot, and anything with Nelo Angelo gets my vote.
You are the honorary Black Man in the Devil May Cry forums now Loopy because you have received the status of "baller." This is a happy day for you indeed sir. Tell your family and friends. I will be sending you the certificate that will confirm your blackness and wear the title with pride. Word to ya motha.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
You are the honorary Black Man in the Devil May Cry forums now Loopy because you have received the status of "baller." This is a happy day for you indeed sir. Tell your family and friends. I will be sending you the certificate that will confirm your blackness and wear the title with pride. Word to ya motha.
Which is even funnier because I'm not a guy.:lol: I'm so proud of myself. Best achievement ever! :cool: Word up- woop woop! Maybe wubeth is more apt for here.:p Going to be pinning that certificate to my wall with pride.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Which is even funnier because I'm not a guy.:lol: I'm so proud of myself. Best achievement ever! :cool: Word up- woop woop! Maybe wubeth is more apt for here.:p Going to be pinning that certificate to my wall with pride.
Not a guy? I never knew that..I seriously hope I'm not the only one that didn't know. o_O
theworld_zps90c2d3a4.png

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Not a guy? I never knew that..I seriously hope I'm not the only one that didn't know. :blink:
theworld_zps90c2d3a4.png
Really!:lol: Umm, well, I am now coming out as a female on a forum:lol: I think my gender is in my profile? But who cares, right? It's not like anyone noticed before I actually said it.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Can't argue with you there.
No wonder I thought we were the same person! Except I'm not a girl, we just love the lulz.
Who doesn't like lulz. Besides, I'd rather be a lover than a fighter on a forum. No point in bashing people you don't know, and I prefer making people laugh anyway. ^_^

Top Bottom