• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which video game character do you relate to most?

berto

I Saw the Devil
And no matter how badly she treats him, he stays with her because he's a masoch- uh knows how.....awesome....she is. Yup. :thumbsup:
:meh:

And do you relate with him for that? You know, there are plenty of other characters who a̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶s̶o̶c̶h̶i̶s̶t̶s̶ know how awesome she is, yep, quote, end quote.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Big boss because my intentions are sometimes misunderstood , and i like to often meet things head on and take them on by myself instead of asking for help.

Meg

:meh:

And do you relate with him for that? You know, there are plenty of other characters who a̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶s̶o̶c̶h̶i̶s̶t̶s̶ know how awesome she is, yep, quote, end quote.
:facepalm:

Well my joke completely flew over your head.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Travis from NMH
I'm lazy, like anime, have couple of figures (not anime figures though), like cats and do shopping on ebay...oh and I can be fairly annoying when im in bad mood :p

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Hm. It seems we need to work on our teasing skills.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I should've said the Dark Prince (he's called something else, in-game, though... I won't say it here, because it sounds 'inadvertently offensive') from the Two Thrones.

This is probably the only (short) clip I can find with his personality in 'full display'. Sorry about the 'sound issues'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So anyway, that's my pick: Two Thrones Dark Prince.

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
Id have to say Noiz from Drammatical murder. He really good with computer hacking(not the bad kind) and almost always on the computer. He can be pretty shy person when around people off the internet. Also we both share an interest in Techno music and like rabbits. :happy:

Meg

Do you not know when you are been teased?
:rolleyes:

*opens Nonverbal Communication textbook* When conversing via text, it is very difficult to detect what tone is being used. When we can't tell, we tend to think the tone is negative. That's why there is often so much confusion and we have to be very careful when e-mailing our superiors. ;) One way we can get around this is the use of emoticons. You used the :meh: one which gave me the impression you were annoyed. Nowhere else in your post did you give any sort of indiction that you we teasing. Naturally, I assumed you missed that I was joking (and actually making fun of myself), which I communicated to you with both :facepalm: and text. Notice I started this post with :rolleyes: as if to communicate a negative, condescending tone. However, I love talking about communication studies (I'll officially have my degree in it in two months), and I find opportunities like this awesome. It's so interesting to see things I've learned in class play out in real life. So really that :rolleyes: doesn't represent how I'm feeling at all. Which I have now clarified. In the future, when teasing someone over the Internet, be sure to end with something like /sarcasm, :wink:, or whatever else would get your point across.

*closes Nonverbal Comm textbook* Any questions? :smile:

*doesn't actually have her textbook on her* *remembered everything off the top of her heard* *wanted to appear more credible* *realized textbooks and degrees don't mean anything on the Internet, everyone is an expert on everything* *ponders*

berto

I Saw the Devil
:rolleyes:

*opens Nonverbal Communication textbook* When conversing via text, it is very difficult to detect what tone is being used. When we can't tell, we tend to think the tone is negative. That's why there is often so much confusion and we have to be very careful when e-mailing our superiors. ;) One way we can get around this is the use of emoticons. You used the :meh: one which gave me the impression you were annoyed. Nowhere else in your post did you give any sort of indiction that you we teasing. Naturally, I assumed you missed that I was joking (and actually making fun of myself), which I communicated to you with both :facepalm: and text. Notice I started this post with :rolleyes: as if to communicate a negative, condescending tone.
Wow. Really? You know it's not funny if you explain the joke.:whistle:

However, I love talking about communication studies (I'll officially have my degree in it in two months), and I find opportunities like this awesome. It's so interesting to see things I've learned in class play out in real life. So really that :rolleyes: doesn't represent how I'm feeling at all. Which I have now clarified. In the future, when teasing someone over the Internet, be sure to end with something like /sarcasm, :wink:, or whatever else would get your point across.

*closes Nonverbal Comm textbook* Any questions? :smile:
I don't really like emoticons. I'll use them on occasion but I just find them girly.

*doesn't actually have her textbook on her* *remembered everything off the top of her heard* *wanted to appear more credible* *realized textbooks and degrees don't mean anything on the Internet, everyone is an expert on everything* *ponders*
Nah, see, yous goin' 'bout this the wrong way, see?

Research shows that if you begging your statement with the phrase "research shows" people are more likely to believe you.

Meg

Wow. Really? You know it's not funny if you explain the joke.:whistle:

I don't really like emoticons. I'll use them on occasion but I just find them girly.

Nah, see, yous goin' 'bout this the wrong way, see?

Research shows that if you begging your statement with the phrase "research shows" people are more likely to believe you.
You are no fun at all. Also, research shows that misspelling words leads to confusion over what you meant. :wink:

Okay, maybe we should stop. People are going to start calling us a cranky old couple soon. :laugh:

OT: I'm trying to think of other video game characters I can relate too. There really aren't many. I would have an easier time if this thread was asking about fictional characters in general.

Maybe the Chosen Undead from Dark Souls because no matter how many times I get beat down, I keep getting back up again. That and I tend to run away from dragons. Someone else can fight them. I'm going to hide in this corner here. :wink:

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
You know, I can relate to Jester from DMC3.
I too enjoy jumping on people's faces...

and... spanking butts. *maniacal Arkham laugh*
*ahem*...
... :happy:

berto

I Saw the Devil
research shows that misspelling words leads to confusion over what you meant. :wink:
Ok, that, in my defence was Chrome's fault for not correcting proper like. Also? Second language. And so as we say in my motherland "hay muere."

Meg

Ok, that, in my defence was Chrome's fault for not correcting proper like. Also? Second language. And so as we say in my motherland "hay muere."
I was teasing. Now can we please move back to the thread topic? :bored:

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
Chrom and Lucina from Fire Emblem Awakening
Alex from Lunar
Lorna from Demon Gaze
Arakune from Blazblue
Terra from KHBBS
Mo..wait he's not from a video game...ya

berto

I Saw the Devil
I was teasing.
I am having such a hard time not laughing at this. The irony of the circular nature of this conversation.
"I was joking"
"So was I"
"Use emoticons"
"Eww"
Rinse and repeat.
Ahi muere is an expression that kinda says 'truce' or 'let it die there.' It was me saying 'just for the record blah and now let's move it along.'

Now can we please move back to the thread topic? :bored:
Well, thats just it. Game characters to me aren't relatable. Yes, they've evolved to the point where we can add character and depth to give them more human qualities but, be it film, game, or literature, I've never found any character relatable.Now, on the other hand, if you ask me if there are any characters in games I sympathize with that'd be a different story.

To relate is to find commonality and in some ways find a form of kinship with someone through similar circumstance, trait, or even belief. In that the closest I would come to relating to a character in a game is Vincent Brooks since he is around my age and he is facing a lot of the dilemmas that men our age deal with but I don't relate to him. I sympathize with him and many a'character.

Ya' know, It could be cultural, me been Mexican and most game characters been American or Japanese. I view the world differently with different ideas and even language. To relate, again, would be to find that you and them are similar. Will, that's just it, then, we're not. As long as I've spent in the US I still identify myself as Mexican and provably see things as such. Different cultures, different views, music, expressions, prerogatives, even different language means that there is always this underlying notion that I am not the same as them, we wouldn't listen to the same music, read the same books, tell the same jokes, talk about the same movies, and so on.

Now, like I said, just because I don't relate doesn't mean I don't sympathize. It's not like I play a game and when something bad happens to the characters I go "Sorry, ese, them sound like white people problems to me." Nay. If somebody hurts, human or otherwise, I feel for them, and if I like the character then more so I want to see ill fortune fall on them. Ever seen the Gray? At no point during that movie did I think to myself "Yeah, I can relate to that," but I did think, for most of the ending "oh, god, no, please no." Best way I can explain it.

Reactions: Meg

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Id I'd been asked this when I was 15, I would've said Rikku from Final Fantasy X, partly due to same age, hair colour...that kind of thing, plus her hyperactive nature and fear of lightning.

These days, I'm not sure which character I would relate to most. I guess sometimes Lightning and her personality of just trying to rely on herself, or maybe...I quite like Elle from The Last of Us, but I don't swear half as much as she does.:laugh: Maybe Jodie from Beyond Two Souls as well; not that I have a ghost stalking me, but her character is relatable to me in a way.

Top Bottom