• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which version of Dante do you prefer the most?

Which version of Dante do you prefer the most?

• Hideki Kamiya's version of Dante (DMC1)

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Hideaki Itsuno's version of Dante (DMC2-3-4)

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Tameem Antoniades's version of Dante (DmC)

Votes: 14 31.1%

• Total voters

m100t8s

Mine goes to Itsuno's because he was the craziest and the most unforgettable one.

Itsuno and his team sucked at designing Dante after Team Little Devil and Kamiya left Capcom, but they pulled it off and came up with DMC3 and DMC4's Dante afterall.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Why must you make me choose?:lol:

I really like Itsuno's DMC3 Dante, but not DMC4 as much; but I also really like DmC Dante. I guess as he's most recent in my memory, I will go with DmC Dante. I felt like he grew as a character, went from a douche to a hero in the making, the kind of guy who could become like DMC Dante.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I like Kamiya's, mostly because he came across as the most human while still having a cocky attitude, granted 3's attitude was far more so and was amusing because of it but i still prefer Dante from 1 more then anything else.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
i thought it was italian or spanish :p
It's not Italian, that I can tell you for sure. Sounds really Greek-ish to me, but I cannot rule out it being Spanish. :p

However, my favorite Dante is DMC1, because he can crack a joke, but is more mature than DMC3, although I admit thatDMC3 and 4 Dante can be funny as hell.
As for DmC Dante, he's the one I like least, because he is too serious and too angry (compared to the other Dantes). It's not a bad thing in itself, but if compared to the original Dante, well, original Dante wins in my personal rank. I like the fact that he reacted to his tragic past in a more lighthearted way.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Im gonna go with DmC Dante on this one. I liked his transition of character better then the older Dantes. It was more consistant in the situation and he had a style that differentiated him from the other Dantes. Both in clothes and cockiness

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Uncle Dante.

1354729328904.jpg

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Nostalgic heartstrings keep me attached to the DMC 1 version. DMC 3 and 4 Dante just annoyed me. He wasn't funny and thought he was way cooler than he actually was. DMC 1 Dante was cocky but also he was more subtle and smooth with it. He wasn't in your face with these lame jokes so it was sort of like an action hero from back in the day. The one that was totally cool with who he was so when he cracked a corny joke or one liner he got away with it because he was also willing to let his actions talk as well as his words.

The later versions made it seem like he was trying way too hard and he was more of a dork than cool.

DmC Dante still keeps virtually what made Dante and I can accept the direction they wanted to take with the character by making him a little more down to earth but it's just meh to me. DmC Dante is just the guy I play as so I don't really have much of an attachment. Kat is the most interesting character in that game to me.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
DMC1 Dante for knowing when ****'s about to go down, and treating it as such.

Also, shouldn't this be in General DMC discussion?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Why isn't this in the the Devil May Cry general discussion part of the forum?

Anyways, my favorite "design wise" is DMC2 Dante, don't care what anyone says, he looked badazz and professional in that one.

Personality and character wise it would have to be DMC1 Dante.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
DmC Dante for me. He went from a low-life just living his life from day to day and then learned to care for other people. He grew more as a character, and after all of that anger, rage, hatred, I feel like he's a bit closer to DMC1 Dante.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Why isn't this in the the Devil May Cry general discussion part of the forum?

Anyways, my favorite "design wise" is DMC2 Dante, don't care what anyone says, he looked badazz and professional in that one.

Personality and character wise it would have to be DMC1 Dante.

So Shin Megami Tensei Dante?
582958_20040402_screen018.jpg

Top Bottom