• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which version of Dante do you prefer the most?

Which version of Dante do you prefer the most?

• Hideki Kamiya's version of Dante (DMC1)

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Hideaki Itsuno's version of Dante (DMC2-3-4)

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Tameem Antoniades's version of Dante (DmC)

Votes: 14 31.1%

• Total voters

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
So Shin Megami Tensei Dante?
582958_20040402_screen018.jpg

yea pretty much.

IncarnatedDemon

I prefer DMC 1 Dante (Kamiya) because he:
- didn't take life to seriously
- had compassion for others, even for demons.

And his role in DMC 1 was pretty consistent. He was looking for his mother's killer.

Throughout DMC 1 he showed sadness, sense of humor and anger. Even regret...

And the "Let's rock baby" comes from DMC 1 Dante

Granted DMC 1 had alot of flaws. Flaws that people can't stop picking, such as the "Fill your dark soul with light". And other flaws...

But it was made in 2001. People constantly talk "Oh lol at the voice acting and graphics!" such ugly.
But for a 2001 game - it sure is good game. And i think Team Little Devils did a pretty decent job in conveying how Dante was as a character.

EvilX-81

Design-wise; DMC4 Dante. Still a pretty boy, but the 5'oclock shadow gave him a balanced ruggedness to him. That and... dat coat.

Character-wise; between DmC and DMC1 Dante. Both had a good balance between style and serious; I like to think DMC1 Dante is DmC Dante if he were made today, with better translated lines and less F bombs.

IncarnatedDemon

Also i forgot to say: DMC 1 Dante had such love for his mother that he couldn't stand there and let Trish die by being crushed by a boulder ( after she betrayed him). Because she looked like his mother, and he didn't want to see this same thing happening again.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Uncle dante will always be my favorite dante. DMC3 dante was a refreshing change from the grimdark DMC2 dante, but he was a little too abrasive and arrogant. DMC4 dante is the perfect mix of cocky, entertaining, and awesome. It's a shame because I wasn't that huge of a fan of DMC4, having to put up with nero being super whiny all game, and putting up with all the annoying time wasters to artificially extend the length of a rushed and unfinished game.

But I forgive it because DMC4's dante was the most entertaining dante. Just look at this guy

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
DmC dante is my fave character wise. if only DMC3 dante wore a shirt, i'd like his design more. DMC2 dante looks like a total badazz though. nobody can deny that

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Itsuno's, DMC3 Dante is my favourite one, the most fun Dante to play with: his taunts, the way he talks with bosses and even the way he acts when dealing with Lady's angryness.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
Design-wise; DMC4 Dante. Still a pretty boy, but the 5'oclock shadow gave him a balanced ruggedness to him. That and... dat coat.

Character-wise; between DmC and DMC1 Dante. Both had a good balance between style and serious; I like to think DMC1 Dante is DmC Dante if he were made today, with better translated lines and less F bombs.

I found DMC4 dante to be kinda old looking. I mean he was a bit too buffed and looked 40 years old. I would actually love to see DMC1 dante with that 5 o clock shadow.

EvilX-81

I found DMC4 dante to be kinda old looking. I mean he was a bit too buffed and looked 40 years old.

Yea, that's what I liked about his appearance. It was basically what a pretty boy like the one from DMC3 might look like at middle age. Overall design bucks the trend just a tad, a sort of melding eastern-style bishie with western style army hero type, with a little age for some added originality (not *everybody* has to be a young strapping hero/heroine in games, sometimes old Snake is best Snake.)

Kinda throws a kink into things considering how he looked in DMC2 though...

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Yea, that's what I liked about his appearance. It was basically what a pretty boy like the one from DMC3 might look like at middle age. Overall design bucks the trend just a tad, a sort of melding eastern-style bishie with western style army hero type, with a little age for some added originality (not *everybody* has to be a young strapping hero/heroine in games, sometimes old Snake is best Snake.)

Kinda throws a kink into things considering how he looked in DMC2 though...
I'm confused, there was a DMC2? I thought it just went 1, 3, and then 4. There was no 2.
;p

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
2 wasn't as bad as the Sonic the hedgehog movie. It had Majin form and Dante "crowning" Arius with Ebony and Ivory.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
So Shin Megami Tensei Dante?
582958_20040402_screen018.jpg

Holy ****. They totally got the eyes right on this version of the DMC2 Dante. Capcom couldn't even do that with the DMC2 graphics themselves.

What I'm saying is, this Dante's face and eyes actually match the DMC2 box art this time around.

SMT Dante wins. Hands down. In both looks and personality.

Seriously, it should have been an option in the poll.

Top Bottom