• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which Devil May Cry have you put the most hours in?

Kaim Argonar

Oddly enough it's probably a tie between DMC2 and DMC3 for me. DMC2 because of the secret rooms on Dante Must Die Mode are brutal and DMC3 is where I find myself replaying the game over and over switching to a single style to use from start to finish. So how about yourself? :)

berto

I Saw the Devil
3. it's the one with the most to do. been the hardest it takes me longer to accomplish anything. that and on more than one occasion i've overwriten the wrong save makin me have to start from scratch onmore than one occasion.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
DMC4 i have the most fun and with s ranking all the modes and bloody palace for getting the million proud souls and the 10,000 kills for the demons it takes quite a bit of time

Last edited:

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Probably DMC3 for me too. Reckon I've sunk way too many hours into Vergil's campaign than a normal human being ever should.

Looking forward to playing as vergil again :) i gotta master dantes styles first after that i can use vergil as a main

berto

I Saw the Devil
I've also had the hardest time getting an S rank on mission 3 to get the trophy for it. I've almost got all the trophies for 1 my 3 still has a few that elude me. That's why I've been playing it more lately.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I've also had the hardest time getting an S rank on mission 3 to get the trophy for it. I've almost got all the trophies for 1 my 3 still has a few that elude me. That's why I've been playing it more lately.

why is mission 3 so hard for you? and what diffuculty are you trying to s rank?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
DmC eats up most of my time. Back then, DMC3 use to eat up time on my PS2, and DMC2 was literally a few hours before quitting it. Haven't played DMC1 yet and DMC4 took a total of two days before I got bored of it.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
DmC eats up most of my time. Back then, DMC3 use to eat up time on my PS2, and DMC2 was literally a few hours before quitting it. Haven't played DMC1 yet and DMC4 took a total of two days before I got bored of it.

Really? i understand the storyline boring you but the gameplay really bored you after two days?

berto

I Saw the Devil
why is mission 3 so hard for you? and what diffuculty are you trying to s rank?
Yo no se. I just can't seem to stack up enough style points. I keep getting A's. I've managed to S the time, damage, orbs, and items on their own, but not style points and for that I keep getting Bs. I also seem to have a hard time getting S on everything on one go. The best I've gotten is one A one B and the rest S's which accumulates to A.

I was actually just about to start a thread on the DMC3 section asking for help on it.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Yo no se. I just can't seem to stack up enough style points. I keep getting A's. I've managed to S the time, damage, orbs, and items on their own, but not style points and for that I keep getting Bs. I also seem to have a hard time getting S on everything on one go. The best I've gotten is one A one B and the rest S's which accumulates to A.

I was actually just about to start a thread on the DMC3 section asking for help on it.

If you can s rank everything else you would only need to A rank the style what level are you on for diffuculty because more enemies makes s ranking easy hoenstly that main room with the stripper pole is the place to really get your rank up also after mission 2 when you start mission 3 you start out on the street in front of your shop you run forward into an alley and get attacked but if you run into the alley(the scene should change) and then run back to your shop you will get attacked by enemies. after you kill the enemies you can go back to the alley and the scene change and then repeat and go back to the shop and kill those same enemies again and again:) really easy for getting some extra style points

berto

I Saw the Devil
If you can s rank everything else you would only need to A rank the style what level are you on for diffuculty because more enemies makes s ranking easy hoenstly that main room with the stripper pole is the place to really get your rank up also after mission 2 when you start mission 3 you start out on the street in front of your shop you run forward into an alley and get attacked but if you run into the alley(the scene should change) and then run back to your shop you will get attacked by enemies. after you kill the enemies you can go back to the alley and the scene change and then repeat and go back to the shop and kill those same enemies again and again:) really easy for getting some extra style points
This is how I do it. I start with Reblln/A&R + E&I/Shotgun and SwdMster. I turn around and go back to the shop as soon as the level starts and kill those guys, start the fight in front of the bar, go into the bar, come back out, kill em again, then go to the strip club, kill those pervos, move forward, switch to Trckstr and fight the dog. I do it in that order because I find it to be the quickest route.

I also can't seem to get very high style rank on the dog fight, I think that's where I struggle the most.

i'll try it your way, for once, see what it gets me.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
This is how I do it. I start with Reblln/A&R + E&I/Shotgun and SwdMster. I turn around and go back to the shop as soon as the level starts and kill those guys, start the fight in front of the bar, go into the bar, come back out, kill em again, then go to the strip club, kill those pervos, move forward, switch to Trckstr and fight the dog. I do it in that order because I find it to be the quickest route.

I also can't seem to get very high style rank on the dog fight, I think that's where I struggle the most.

i'll try it your way, for once, see what it gets me.

You should fight the guys in front of the shop atleast twice if not three times and really try and rank high inside the strip club but yes the dog fight is esential you need to atleast style average what diffuculty are you doing this on?

berto

I Saw the Devil
You should fight the guys in front of the shop atleast twice if not three times and really try and rank high inside the strip club but yes the dog fight is esential you need to atleast style average what diffuculty are you doing this on?
Normal.

Alright, I'm ganna go try this out. Back late'er.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Normal.

Alright, I'm ganna go try this out. Back late'er.

OK good lukc on normal should be fighting the enemies in front of the shop 2 or 3 times triple s ranking inside the strip club and then taking next to no damage against cerberus remember to taunt!!!!!!

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
Most: DMC 3 and 4 are tied, Bloody Palace and just the fun I get from both for playing Dante.

DMC 1 I think have a couple days worth in it easily(Not counting the times in DMD)

DMC 2(Secret Rooms)

Least: DmC, barely had any hours,I just finished that and VD got all achievements, returned it and never even gave it a second glance.

Top Bottom