• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which Dante would win?

Kaim Argonar

DMC3 Dante takes out DmC Dante with a bit of difficulty of course but not too much in my opinion.
DMC1 Dante takes out DMC3 Dante in a flashy yet slightly one sided fight.
DMC1 Dante and DMC4 Dante have a hell of a showdown. DMC4 has the upper hand but only barely. Question, does Dante have his fathers sword? If so then DMC1 Dante can manage to best his older self with his DT, otherwise DMC4 Dante wins.

After panting heavily and barely besting DMC1 Dante in their battle he turns to his left to find DMC2 Dante standing there with a fully charged shot Ebony to his head.

DMC4 Dante: Jackpot?
DMC2 Dante: Sure why not...
*blows his head clear off his shoulders*
[Que FF VICTORY FANFARE]

So to recap: DMC4 Dante>DMC1 Dante>>DMC3 Dante>>>DmC Dante in any form of fighting, IMO.

Last edited:

VergilNeroDante

I say Dante from dmc3, Dante has all those other styles from doppelgänger and quicksilver oppose to the others which don't have those styles in the others along with the massive amount of weapons.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Actually it would be DMC1 Dante since he has the Sword of Sparda and can transform into him and rival and even defeat a fully powered Mundus.

DMC4 Dante maybe stronger than DMC1 Dante (base) but not DMC1 Dante when using Sparda....perhaps DMC2 Dante can rival that Dante.

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
Actually it would be DMC1 Dante since he has the Sword of Sparda and can transform into him and rival and even defeat a fully powered Mundus.
DMC4 Dante also has Sparda - at both the beginning and the end of the game. He also gave around 0 ****s when Trish gave it away to infiltrate the Order, which would indicate that he doesn't deem it a threat to his own power.

As for transforming into Sparda's form, DMC2's lolwtf DT mode is definitely stronger than that. DMC1 Sparda DT's ultimate attack was strong, but it wasn't able to 1 shot bosses.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
DMC4 Dante also has Sparda - at both the beginning and the end of the game. He also gave around 0 ***** when Trish gave it away to infiltrate the Order, which would indicate that he doesn't deem it a threat to his own power.

As for transforming into Sparda's form, DMC2's lolwtf DT mode is definitely stronger than that. DMC1 Sparda DT's ultimate attack was strong, but it wasn't able to 1 shot bosses.

True......DMC4 takes place after the anime in which Dante defeated Sid, a demon who managed to obtain a power as great as Mundus, without the need to DT.

seraphmaycry

True......DMC4 takes place after the anime in which Dante defeated Sid, a demon who managed to obtain a power as great as Mundus, without the need to DT.

no, he DT'd against sid, causing an explosion that obliterated the guy, i'm not even going to question why Dante can't do that dmc4, that would be very amusing, DT to win.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
no, he DT'd against sid, causing an explosion that obliterated the guy, i'm not even going to question why Dante can't do that dmc4, that would be very amusing, DT to win.

You can sort of do it in DMC3 but it was a glitch and then their is Distortion in DMC4.\

I guess Dante used DT Explosion on Sid (the glitch or exploit from DMC3)....well DT Explosion was capable of one shotting enemies if timed properly.

seraphmaycry

You can sort of do it in DMC3 but it was a glitch and then their is Distortion in DMC4.\

I guess Dante used DT Explosion on Sid (the glitch or exploit from DMC3)....well DT Explosion was capable of one shotting enemies if timed properly.

it's an actual mechanic, DTE is mentioned with the Devil trigger in the file thingie, and DTE still is not that powerful, distortion is very powerful, that'd probably make it work, on the other hand, it can't absolutely wreck everything else in a single hit only, i mean serious overkill on even DMD mode, which it would have to be able to beat someone who makes the bosses of DMC4 look like a joke, mundus/abagail could stomp right over berial without thinking twice, perhaps abagial really wasn't that strong.

DTE would be even worse off, since in dmc3 Dante is at his weakest and it can one shot most things, but the bosses that would be pathetic to abagail can tank it like a champ.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
it's an actual mechanic, DTE is mentioned with the Devil trigger in the file thingie, and DTE still is not that powerful, distortion is very powerful, that'd probably make it work, on the other hand, it can't absolutely wreck everything else in a single hit only, i mean serious overkill on even DMD mode, which it would have to be able to beat someone who makes the bosses of DMC4 look like a joke, mundus/abagail could stomp right over berial without thinking twice, perhaps abagial really wasn't that strong.

DTE would be even worse off, since in dmc3 Dante is at his weakest and it can one shot most things, but the bosses that would be pathetic to abagail can tank it like a champ.

Oh I never recalled that. I remember someone (TWOXACROSS or was it SamD) told me it was an exploit in the system....didn't know it was a pre-planned mechanic actually incorporated into the game.

Does the same apply for Distortion?

Also I tend to forget the final baddie at the anime wasn't really Sid but Sid using Abigail's powers and he somewhat becomes Abigail like how Dante or Arkham becomes Sparda when they use the awakened Sword of Sparda although Dante's was more perfect than Arkham.

However, I tend to forget about Abigail. Is Abigail a female?

seraphmaycry

Oh I never recalled that. I remember someone (TWOXACROSS or was it SamD) told me it was an exploit in the system....didn't know it was a pre-planned mechanic actually incorporated into the game.

Does the same apply for Distortion?

Also I tend to forget the final baddie at the anime wasn't really Sid but Sid using Abigail's powers and he somewhat becomes Abigail like how Dante or Arkham becomes Sparda when they use the awakened Sword of Sparda although Dante's was more perfect than Arkham.

However, I tend to forget about Abigail. Is Abigail a female?

maybe in DmC there's a way to do it, but i am 100 percent certain the DT file says it.

distortion, i remember hearing once how capcom implemented things like jump cancelling and distortion on purpose, i don't remember where from though.

it's sid as abagail, or sids power plus abagails, sid is so weak i doubt either way would make a difference.

i don't see what abagail being female has to do with this.

idk if abagail is female, in the anime i think it was male but that could be because of sids own gender he controlled the power so maybe, i think abagail is male seeing as how Dante controls devil arms and they still affect his form, on the other hand he always keeps the same gender, nevan (the weapon) comes from nevan (the boss) who is undeniably female (or is nevan male? hmmmmm..... lol that would be weird) it's a weapon that, if devils arm affected their users gender, should certainly have changed Dante's, idk, take it as you will, it's DMC, no real rules exist for how demons and their power operate.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
maybe in DmC there's a way to do it, but i am 100 percent certain the DT file says it.

distortion, i remember hearing once how capcom implemented things like jump cancelling and distortion on purpose, i don't remember where from though.

it's sid as abagail, or sids power plus abagails, sid is so weak i doubt either way would make a difference.

i don't see what abagail being female has to do with this.

idk if abagail is female, in the anime i think it was male but that could be because of sids own gender he controlled the power so maybe, i think abagail is male seeing as how Dante controls devil arms and they still affect his form, on the other hand he always keeps the same gender, nevan (the weapon) comes from nevan (the boss) who is undeniably female (or is nevan male? hmmmmm..... lol that would be weird) it's a weapon that, if devils arm affected their users gender, should certainly have changed Dante's, idk, take it as you will, it's DMC, no real rules exist for how demons and their power operate.

I don't think anything like DTE or Distortion exists in DmC with Dante (or Vergil's) DT. Although Dante's DT has Nero's DT Impact (or Uppercut effect) but instead he can launch all enemies at once rather than ones next to him. Also he does have Nero's DT Cancel and DT Aerial Recovery & DT invincibility frames (although those can just be classified as one thing rather than 3 separate components).

Anyway, I thought Abigail was a girl/female due to the name and I remember something about Dante fighting her kids and being referred to as a mom....wait was that Morgan or Morgana or something. Its been a while but I remember an episode dealing with a mother and Abigail.

seraphmaycry

I don't think anything like DTE or Distortion exists in DmC with Dante (or Vergil's) DT. Although Dante's DT has Nero's DT Impact (or Uppercut effect) but instead he can launch all enemies at once rather than ones next to him. Also he does have Nero's DT Cancel and DT Aerial Recovery & DT invincibility frames (although those can just be classified as one thing rather than 3 separate components).

Anyway, I thought Abigail was a girl/female due to the name and I remember something about Dante fighting her kids and being referred to as a mom....wait was that Morgan or Morgana or something. Its been a while but I remember an episode dealing with a mother and Abigail.

uhm, in the anime patty found her mommy in the same episode as abagail awoke, you may be confused.

i do not remember any morgan or morgana, the closest match i can get is it reminds me of marvel v capcom 3 for some reason, probably cos morrigan, that is literally as close as i can get to connecting morgan or morgana to devil may cry.

i don't remember child of abigail either.

if such a thing happened, then it happened in dmc2, as i have paid a good amount of attention to everything else in the series, oh wait a sec, might be in the novels as well, have not been able to find many of those sadly.

either that or my memory sucks.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
uhm, in the anime patty found her mommy in the same episode as abagail awoke, you may be confused.

i do not remember any morgan or morgana, the closest match i can get is it reminds me of marvel v capcom 3 for some reason, probably cos morrigan, that is literally as close as i can get to connecting morgan or morgana to devil may cry.

i don't remember child of abigail either.

if such a thing happened, then it happened in dmc2, as i have paid a good amount of attention to everything else in the series, oh wait a sec, might be in the novels as well, have not been able to find many of those sadly.

either that or my memory sucks.

Yup you're right that is the case. It was Patty's mom that I was thinking about.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
OFF TOPIC: You know, now that I think about it, am I the only one who feels nostalgic when it comes to versus threads?
It reminds me of how when we were kids, we all pretended to be a character, and we would always try to make our characters the cool and powerful ones by giving them ten-bajillion weapons and powers. And whenever our character was losing or something, we would always give them another one out of nowhere.

Top Bottom