• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which Dante would win?

cheesydonutman

Out of all the Dantes from Dmc1, Dmc3, Dmc4 and DmC...which one would win in a battle (consider weapons, fighting style and overall awesomeness. Also please go into high detail). FIGHT!
dmc1dante_2.jpg
628756-dante_1.jpg
dmc_devil_may_cry_tgs9.jpeg

Dante_4.png

seraphmaycry

i'm going to assume this a free-for-all.

DmC Dante could seriously wreck face with the arbiter, but even dmc1 Dante could probably roll away in between hits.

DmC Dante can, of course, parry, but it's not like any other Dante is only capable of offense and parrying forever will probably tire him out rather than accomplish anything (i doubt something as powerful and as skilled as Dante would be stunned by a parry, he relies on skill, so if nothing else, he can just stand back and shoot and get himself knocked out of range if actually parried)

DmC Dante has Aquila, but pulling three Dante's towards you at the same time is slightly suicidal, only slightly.

DmC Dante also has eryx, but all the Dante's have a weapon like that, so you'd probably end up with a fist-fight at one point.

dmc1 Dante would win in a free-for-all because he has the power of his grand daddy.

in a one 1v1 scenario, i'd say:

dmc3 Dante and DmC Dante, i don't know who would win, DmC Dante can DT, but it was stated that he was meant to be on equal power level to classic Dante, so dmc3 Dante DT would most likely cancel it out.

DmC Dante can DT less often as well, but the time his bar is fully charged, dmc3 Dante would be fully charged 3 times over easily, probably DmC Dante couldn't DT for longer then a few seconds, dmc3 Dante would most likely be able to DT for longer at most times, so DT is useless, honestly i don't know who would win, i'm leaning to dmc3 though because DmC Dante feels more sloppy, especially with rebellion, that little stumble animation would easily cost him a limb or four. They both fire ebony and ivory at similar speed, and DMC logic suggests that shooting bullets together cancels it out, i think classic may shoot slightly faster, but i'm not sure, either way the difference is small and they can both easily get away.

tough call, i have to say i have no honest idea.

for classic Dante, dmc1 owns everything cos spardaaaa power, without the sword he is second best.

dmc3 is the weakest classic.

dmc4 is the mid i dmc1 has sparda power and strongest if he doesn't.

so then DmC Dante remains.

dmc1 Dante VS DmC Dante, i think dmc1 Dante, in every devil may cry game Dante's powers massively grow, in dmc3 Dante is one weak-ass who fights a much weaker version of sparda, dmc1 Dante fights some the most powerful demons of the highest rank and even the Dude whose powers rivaled mundus ( only able to fight mundus with the sparda mode though)

Same DT logic applies, DmC has way more speed on his side, but dmc1 has some serious powerhouse if DT'd, such as powerful spinning vortex in which he cant be hurt (have fun dodging!) and a fire AOE nuke (that DmC dante would probably dodge)

he can throw his sword to distract DmC Dante while still fighting with his fists.

his growth in demonic powerful would greatly increases Dante's Damage and reduce DmC Dante's damage (that's dmc logic, where how much a demon is hurt by another demon correlates to that demons power, no word on DmC, i'm going to follow DMC logic because it's the closest i can get to rules)

again, tough fight, with the dmc3 moveset he'd kick ass, but he doesn't so yay, and stuff, and stuff, ebony and ivory probably fire slightly slower so in a gunfight, he has a slight disadvantage, but he probably would barely feel a bullet since less demonic power is infused into it then a melee weapon of some kind.

no idea, i'm leaning to DmC Dante's speed, but the vortex and easily regen'd DT make me unsure.

DMC 4 has all the mentioned advantage of both dmc3 and dmc1, and then some more, i say ownage imminent due to increased speed and a ridiculous power level.

seraphmaycry

i'm going to assume this a free-for-all.

DmC Dante could seriously wreck face with the arbiter, but even dmc1 Dante could probably roll away in between hits.

DmC Dante can, of course, parry, but it's not like any other Dante is only capable of offense and parrying forever will probably tire him out rather than accomplish anything (i doubt something as powerful and as skilled as Dante would be stunned by a parry, he relies on skill, so if nothing else, he can just stand back and shoot and get himself knocked out of range if actually parried)

DmC Dante has Aquila, but pulling three Dante's towards you at the same time is slightly suicidal, only slightly.

DmC Dante also has eryx, but all the Dante's have a weapon like that, so you'd probably end up with a fist-fight at one point.

dmc1 Dante would win in a free-for-all because he has the power of his grand daddy.

in a one 1v1 scenario, i'd say:

dmc3 Dante and DmC Dante, i don't know who would win, DmC Dante can DT, but it was stated that he was meant to be on equal power level to classic Dante, so dmc3 Dante DT would most likely cancel it out.

DmC Dante can DT less often as well, but the time his bar is fully charged, dmc3 Dante would be fully charged 3 times over easily, probably DmC Dante couldn't DT for longer then a few seconds, dmc3 Dante would most likely be able to DT for longer at most times, so DT is useless, honestly i don't know who would win, i'm leaning to dmc3 though because DmC Dante feels more sloppy, especially with rebellion, that little stumble animation would easily cost him a limb or four. They both fire ebony and ivory at similar speed, and DMC logic suggests that shooting bullets together cancels it out, i think classic may shoot slightly faster, but i'm not sure, either way the difference is small and they can both easily get away.

tough call, i have to say i have no honest idea.

for classic Dante, dmc1 owns everything cos spardaaaa power, without the sword he is second best.

dmc3 is the weakest classic.

dmc4 is the mid i dmc1 has sparda power and strongest if he doesn't.

so then DmC Dante remains.

dmc1 Dante VS DmC Dante, i think dmc1 Dante, in every devil may cry game Dante's powers massively grow, in dmc3 Dante is one weak-ass who fights a much weaker version of sparda, dmc1 Dante fights some the most powerful demons of the highest rank and even the Dude whose powers rivaled mundus ( only able to fight mundus with the sparda mode though)

Same DT logic applies, DmC has way more speed on his side, but dmc1 has some serious powerhouse if DT'd, such as powerful spinning vortex in which he cant be hurt (have fun dodging!) and a fire AOE nuke (that DmC dante would probably dodge)

he can throw his sword to distract DmC Dante while still fighting with his fists.

his growth in demonic powerful would greatly increases Dante's Damage and reduce DmC Dante's damage (that's dmc logic, where how much a demon is hurt by another demon correlates to that demons power, no word on DmC, i'm going to follow DMC logic because it's the closest i can get to rules)

again, tough fight, with the dmc3 moveset he'd kick ass, but he doesn't so yay, and stuff, and stuff, ebony and ivory probably fire slightly slower so in a gunfight, he has a slight disadvantage, but he probably would barely feel a bullet since less demonic power is infused into it then a melee weapon of some kind.

no idea, i'm leaning to DmC Dante's speed, but the vortex and easily regen'd DT make me unsure.

DMC 4 has all the mentioned advantage of both dmc3 and dmc1, and then some more, i say ownage imminent due to increased speed and a ridiculous power level.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
DMC2 dante is like demon god. DmC dante would probably surprise you late in the game. after taking a serious ass whoopin, he's execute DT and all the dante's would be like "DAFUQ" and he would seriously take them for a spin (literally). but DMC2 dante is just too powerful

seraphmaycry

DMC2 dante is like demon god. DmC dante would probably surprise you late in the game. after taking a serious ass whoopin, he's execute DT and all the dante's would be like "DAFUQ" and he would seriously take them for a spin (literally). but DMC2 dante is just too powerful

DMC2?!? what is this blasphemy you speak?!?!?!??!??! lies! burn the witch!

i stated in the above post that the other Dante's would be most likely be able to counter with releasing their own devil powers and the long charge up means DmC Dante would probably badly hurt or dead before he can use it (unless he is a super awesome no-damage pro and the other Dante's all suck)

The Final Offer

Experience.

So DMC 1 & 3 are eliminated. Why would you even include them when they can basically do the same things?

So this is really a thread about DMC 4 Dante vs DmC Dante.

Good God. Everyone's trying to put their favorite character against DmC characters.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I see this thread as unfair really.

As I have said many times in other battle threads, DmC Dante is pretty much just a rebooted version of DMC3 Dante, and as such he is still new to his power and is not all that experienced.

I would personally would put him near equal footing with DMC3 Dante with their battle having the potential to go either way.

And then you have the original Dantes which are basically just going to have to fight the stronger version of themselves which in this case using a and b logic would put them losing against DMC4 Dante which is the strongest and most experienced Dante you listed.

seraphmaycry

I see this thread as unfair really.

As I have said many times in other battle threads, DmC Dante is pretty much just a rebooted version of DMC3 Dante, and as such he is still new to his power and is not all that experienced.

I would personally would put him near equal footing with DMC3 Dante with their battle having the potential to go either way.

And then you have the original Dantes which are basically just going to have to fight the stronger version of themselves which in this case using a and b logic would put them losing against DMC4 Dante which is the strongest and most experienced Dante you listed.

and then there's anime Dante, fire guns once, walk away.

S.F.W

King of Hearts
It's obviously Vergil

It's the Dante that isn't listed, the DMC2 one (Older and more experienced). But since you didn't put him, the next best choice would be DMC4 one.
But honesty, if it ever came to a fight between all of them, I think that none of them would win. In a scenario like this, they'd probably end up chilling out,eating pizza and drinking beers. B/c when you think about it, they're all pretty much OP and really wouldn't give a ****.

But anyways, it's DMC4 Dante.

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
Going by what we see in game and cutscenes? DMC4>DMC3>DmC>DMC1. DMC1 Dante last because the Sparda power up is only used against Mundus and he discards it at the end of the game, and even though he gets it back he never uses it again lol.

Going by the storyline DMC1 Dante should be stronger than DMC3, but that's not shown in the game at all.

seraphmaycry

Going by what we see in game and cutscenes? DMC4>DMC3>DmC>DMC1. DMC1 Dante last because the Sparda power up is only used against Mundus and he discards it at the end of the game, and even though he gets it back he never uses it again lol.

Going by the storyline DMC1 Dante should be stronger than DMC3, but that's not shown in the game at all.

no, it is, in dmc1 Dante fights much tougher demons, able to tank on some of mundus's most powerful minions solo, whereas in dmc3 Dante is simply fighting gatekeepers, it's like the difference between fighting random guards and fighting personal bodyguards.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Why don't you just say classic Dante vs new Dante? DMC4 Dante is only DMC1 and DMC3 Dante a little older with even more experience. In all honesty, I don't think DmC Dante would stand a chance against DMC1 or DMC4 Dante. So I'll compare him to DMC3 Dante, since I think that would be more of a fair fight, as both are only just beginning to tap into their full power. Well for starters based on their feats, I do believe DMC3 Dante is stronger and faster. Such as when he surfed through the air on a rocket, taking on several blood goyles as he descended from the tower, using a motorcycle as a weapon seemingly effortlessly. However, just because DmC Dante's feats aren't quite as impressive as DMC3 Dante's, doesn't mean he isn't capable of such feats, he may simply not be as over-the-top and/or hasn't had any reason or opportunities. The only power I think DmC Dante really has over DMC3 Dante is his dt's quicksilver like ability. DMC3 Dante canonically possessing quicksilver can be called into question, as the power is never used in any of his other appearances and may simply just be a game mechanic. However before Dante did face Geryon who had the power. So how much DmC Dante's dt would influence the outcome? I'm not sure. Another factor as of note is their fighting experience/skills. Let's look at how they handle their swords. DMC3 Dante was already an expert swordsman. DmC Dante is more wild and just hacking and slashing (pun intended, I'm sorry! ): ) Then theirs the weapons, DMC3 Dante has a total of 10 weapons (5 Devil Ams, 5 Guns), while DmC Dante has 8 (Rebellion, 2 Demon weapons, 2 Angel weapons, and 3 Guns). The Rebellions we'll call a tie, since the Dantes just wield them differently. Fire arms, gotta give the edge to DMC3 Dante, for one, he has more guns, two his pistols and shotgun are more powerful, and in addition to that he has the Artemis, a super powerful rifle, and a bazooka. Now the melee weapons. The arbiter can be devastating, but it's also slow, and DMC3 Dante is fast and agile. The eyrx can easily be countered with the beowulf. Just look at the movesets. Eyrx is basically used like a set of hulk fists, beowulf's moveset actually shows considerable martial arts skills. The osiris is fast, but could potentially be matched by cerberus or agni and rudra. Aquila, I'm not quite sure. But then again DMC3 Dante also has the nevan. So honestly I think, and I know some people are gonna call me biased, but it's what I believe. I think DMC3 Dante would win

Last edited:

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Wait why is DMC2 Dante left out? I know he's the strongest and all but they could probably gang up on him or something.

But anyway as far is this goes, it would kind of depend on the scenario. Based on what is shown, DMC3 Dante would be a better match for DmC Dante and even that's a bit of a stretch. DmC Dante lacks the speed, strength is probably even but then again maybe not, endurance and DC to keep DMC3 Dante down, while I feel DMC3 Dante could take him without too much effort thanks to his versatility and larger gap on skill. DMC3 Dante has a counter for everything DmC Dante can dish out and more. In comparison reDante is just much more tamed while DMC3 Dante is a true force of fiction lol.

I say DMC3 Dante>>reDante with mid difficulty.

Now the reason I said the scenario matters is because DMC1 Dante vs DMC4 Dante could actually be pretty close. While age doesn't really mean anything, there really is only a year or two time gap between them. And while DMC4 likely wins in every regard, I still say that if DMC1 Dante has his fathers DT like he did with Mundus, he could win this. Otherwise I give it to DMC4 Dante with high difficulty. Thus leaving DMC3 vs 4 Dante. Lol, so I guess that would make DMC4 the clear winner, though I'm sure DMC3 Dante will make him work for it (much like Nero did)

Top Bottom