• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which character in DMC5 should be the primary one Dante/Nero?

Which character in DMC5 should be the primary one Dante/Nero?

• Dante

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • Nero

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters

Shadow Dante

Give me more power
So like the title says which one would you rather have the 5th centered on. I think that personally it should have Dante as the main one and Nero as a secondary character. Kinda like in DMC4 except the opposite. Don't get me wrong though Nero is fun an all but I think the next one should have more Dante in it. Anyways what do you Devil may cry veterans and newcomers think?

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
i actually surprisingly want it to be nero..lol..dont get me wrong..dante will always be my favorite..but, we need to hear some answers about nero..we need to know his true origions and exactly what led up to the events of dmc4...then after that bring dante and vergil back and have an all out family battle..lol

VergilIsntdead

dante and vergil should take the stage in DMC5. or a really big surprise would be to make gigantic step into the past, and make another prequel but this time about Sparda, that would be funXD

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
lol..do u have any idea how many ppl ive heard..and not just on here..say that they want a dmc with sparda as the main character?..lol..if i have a dollor for every person ive heard say that..i'd be rich...and yes...id like it too..lol, but sadly untill they get ready to bag the series..wich i dont think will happen for awhile.....i dont think we will :(

Kedjane

I think the next game should focus on Dante, and have the Hard difficulty avaible from the beginning.
Also, did anyone notice how Dante is all happy in DMC4 and in DMC2 is all gloom and emo? I think DMC5 should take place inbetween the two and have some evil guy kill Dantes friends - which causes him to go dark and supertough.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
well I want more explanation of Nero, so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he was completely dominating the next couple of DMC's storyline wise.

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
it wouldnt surprise me either..actually i'd be happy about it..it would finally clear things up..lol, the only thing that would make me mad about it is if they decided to get rid of dante...and Ryan knows my stand on that as i have told him in PM

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ too true, no way is Nero taking over Dante, and I said dominating storyline, that don't mean he has to dominate fighting and style and badass attitude -that sticks with Dante- :)

Sparda™

It can be revealed more about Nero, but that can be done in a side-game, and not having Nero stepping again in the spotlight. I want more of a Dark Dante in DMC5.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
They can have the same amount of spotlight as far as I am concerned. As long as it shows how much cooler/better/etc Dante is.

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
Tony_Redgrave;77967 said:
They can have the same amount of spotlight as far as I am concerned. As long as it shows how much cooler/better/etc Dante is.

that could actually pan out..then they could also answer the question...how did dante get involved with the order and why does he know more then one of its own members?....lol (meaning nero)

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Added a poll to this thread - as requested by SpongeGuard. And I voted for Dante, too. I think Dante deserves some additional time in the spotlight for Devil May Cry 5, especially seeing as he was only, really, playable for about 30% of Devil May Cry 4.

Keaton

Premium
devilmaycry;77988 said:
Added a poll to this thread - as requested by SpongeGuard. And I voted for Dante, too. I think Dante deserves some additional time in the spotlight for Devil May Cry 5, especially seeing as he was only, really, playable for about 30% of Devil May Cry 4.

I agree.
Nero is awesome and should be in DMC5 (along with Virgil :ninja:), but Dante needs more than 8 (methinks) missions :D

Niruz

Actually it's 7 missions since you use him on 12-13-14-15-16-17-18. And I voted for Dante simply because I like him better, and I want to know what happened to him to make him change his attitude in DMC2. ^ Right, I need to start updating the threads before i post ^_^

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
As much as I love Dante, everyone still doesn't know the back history to Nero. Just as long as they keep Dante as the primary character and explain about Nero back hisory I will be satisfied. Vergil better get some face time to Dammit!

Yeah but Dante really should be the primary character in the next game. Better yet why not make Vergil the primary character ^_^

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
I'm sure the creator said that they will use Nero in the upcoming Devil may cry games because they think they've done everything with Dante. This might mean that Nero might be the main character in future DMC games.

FuumaMonou

The new game should have three separate stories that do some overlapping like DMC3:SE (except obviously a whole different play-through instead of the same missions with a different character.

Obviously it would connect DMC1 with DMC4, and have to have Nero, Dante, AND Vergil in it. When they release that, I'll request a week off work just to play it non-stop.

BTW, I have a general question. Why is the font black right now while I'm typing and impossible to read? I don't remember it being like this before.

Top Bottom