• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's your favorite Devil May Cry game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemorsefulVergil

hey I just want to know what you folks think is the best devil may cry game in the series.
Mine would definitely be Devil may cry 3 but what's yours and why??

RemorsefulVergil

4 wasn't that bad, it was like for fan service mostly could have been great but wasn't too disappointing. at least I've found someone who isn't a hater of DmC. too many of them these days lol

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
I got introduced to the series with 4, and I am in love with that Lucifer weapon...
But, the combat, story, and Vergil in DMC 3 made it my favorite.

RemorsefulVergil

I got introduced to the series with 4, and I am in love with that Lucifer weapon...
But, the combat, story, and Vergil in DMC 3 made it my favorite.
yeah the Lucifer weapon was badass. i played the first game but didnt get into it that much because i was young back then when it was out. then i rented devil may cry 3 to try it out and it was too hard lol this wasnt the special edition one too :L my friend gave it to me a few months after to properly give it a go and i loved it. so i was introduced properly to the series with 3.

Slacri

3, second best combat in the series and had some cool bosses.
4, best combat in the series, backtracking and dice game put it below 3 even though the combat was a huge improvement.
1. A bit dated, but even so it helped make the genre what it is and it was good for its time and I still enjoy it's simplicy.
2 = DmC. DmC actually reminds me a lot of 2. Coming out after a good game, making trash of it really changing Dante. While DmC isn't as bad as 2, I enjoy it about as much as 2 because its lackluster combat had to come out after 4.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I was brought in by DMC3, but I knew about DMC for a long time.

So mine is as a ranking system.

5th---DMC4
4th---DMC2
3rd---DMC1
2nd---DMC3
1st---DmC

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
DMC2...
Because it was my first game, I enjoy playing it, I love the music that's in it and that Dante is my favourite Dante out of all of them, including Reboot Dante...

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
I will say DmC is my favorite, followed by DMC4 and DMC3. DMC1 and DMC2, meh, I didn't really care for them

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
For graphics, DMC4 and for plot I like DMC3, followed very closely by DMC1. Not sure about 2.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I would say 3 since its what got me into the series and its story and characters had the most potential so 3.

MaximumLobsters

Mine goes
1. DmC - the story + the combat i think were the best. the writing was just average but the characters were better developed and relateable, and i felt like more of a badass fighting as the new Dante.
2. DMC3 - I think i liked it because of the combat and the Witty Dante, but he still seemed very unrelateable, like i didn't care what happened to him.
3. DMC4 - because Nero and the Combat was intense.
4. DMC1 - the first one i played, but everything was kinda bland (i.e. Dante, Trish, The Castle)
5. DMC2 - do i even have to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom