• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Whats your fav Sitcom ever ?

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
I watch sitcoms alot and studied them for my GCSE media and I lost faith in them as they weren't funny or enertaining anymore .. you get the stupid Poo jokes are slapstick where they are falling over and are hitting themselves to make the audience laugh which is not funny as you can tell its put on.

But recently I have been watching them again and found the American sitcoms are funnier than the British sitcoms ! For example the big bang theory is really funny and smart and uses the charecters for the laughs and not the usual crap .. and in britain we have My Family which uses family life to laugh at , as at some point in the family life of a everyday person that will happen.

The funniest sitcoms seem to be in the past with Dads Army, Father Ted and lots more ... What would you class as the best sitcom ever ... and if people don't know what a sitcom is .. it stands for situation comedy :D

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
Damien;198923 said:
I watch sitcoms alot and studied them for my GCSE media and I lost faith in them as they weren't funny or enertaining anymore .. you get the stupid Poo jokes are slapstick where they are falling over and are hitting themselves to make the audience laugh which is not funny as you can tell its put on.

But recently I have been watching them again and found the American sitcoms are funnier than the British sitcoms ! For example the big bang theory is really funny and smart and uses the charecters for the laughs and not the usual crap .. and in britain we have My Family which uses family life to laugh at , as at some point in the family life of a everyday person that will happen.

The funniest sitcoms seem to be in the past with Dads Army, Father Ted and lots more ... What would you class as the best sitcom ever ... and if people don't know what a sitcom is .. it stands for situation comedy :D
You aren't watching the funny ones, my personal favirote is Spaced. To mention a few others The IT crowd, Peep Show and The Mighty Boosh.

Though I do enjoy american sitcoms, some of them just annoy me. Not sure why they annoy me but I do enjoy The Big Bang Theory.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
My favourite sitcoms are The Nanny and The Bill Cosby Show. Both are my top sitcoms forever,and perhaps are my favourite TV shows too.:)

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I've always been a particular fan of Two and a Half Men, Scrubs can also technically be considered a sitcom, and if you're feeling intensely British, Last Of The Summer Win is the world's longest running sitcom, and that ain't half bad.

Oh yeah, and as Venged said, want a good British sitcom? The Mighty Boosh is awesome.

Meg

I'm from Philly, so of course I love The Fresh Prince :) and I also like Home Improvement.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
My all-time fave would be Full House, ever since Ashley and MK appeared in that one episode together. And I had major crush on Uncle Jesse, but that's besides the point - I've always had a love for identical twins.
French Prince wins second place (because Will Smith was hilarious back in the day), and Vetkoek Paleis would take third place, which is a local sitcom back home.

Keaton

Premium
Good grief, there are waaaay too many to count...so heres a few that I adore...

The Big Bang Theory
Porridge
Open All Hours
Only Fools and Horses
Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased) 200x
Spaced
Gavin & Stacey
Fawlty Towers
GetBackers...ok not a sitcom, but its damn funny.
...plus many that have already been said ^^

I really enjoy BBT, for many many reasons.
But, I guess from episode 1 it just caught me lol

Some quotes... said:
Leonard: Come on! We have a combined IQ of 360 we should be able to figure out how to get into a stupid building.
[two girls selling cookies ring every bell, the door opens]
Sheldon: What do you think their combined IQ is ?

Leonard: [discussing Sheldon's work] At least I didn't have to invent 26 dimensions just to make the math come out.
Sheldon: I didn't invent them. They're there.
Leonard: In what universe?
Sheldon: In all of them, that is the point!

Sheldon: Do you want to hear an interesting thing about stairs?
Leonard: Not really.
Sheldon: [going on anyway] If the height of a single step is off by as little as two millimeters, most people will trip.
Leonard: I don't care.
[thinks about it]
Leonard: Two milli - that doesn't seem right.
Sheldon: It's true - I did a series of experiments when I was twelve. My father broke his clavicle.
Leonard: Is that why they sent you to boarding school?
Sheldon: No - that was the result of my work with lasers.

Penny: So, what do you guys do for fun around here?
Sheldon: Well, today we tried masturbating for money.

Sheldon: You're not done with her, are you?
Leonard: Our babies will be smart AND beautiful.
Sheldon: Not to mention imaginary.

http://www.us.imdb.com/title/tt0775431/quotes

Pantera Queen

I don't have a favorite really, but every now and then I'll watch The Office if I pass by it. It's actually funny and pretty the only show that I can tolerate on TV.

MasterOfEvil

Yes, I attack inanimate objects
Premium
Meet The Browns
Tyler Perry's House Of Payne
Everybody Loves Raymon
According To Jim
My Wife And Kids

Top Bottom