• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Whats better DMC 5? or DmC 2? which would the fans want more?

Kishido

Hunter
No rotating please...Both are to similar to each other... DMC isn't Megaman so please just focus on one serious... I would love DMC5 but if they no **** you we will focus on the reboot now... OK if they improve it in future games.

My dream would be a... tadda... reboot once again feat Platinum and Kamiya... I really would like to see what he would have done with the franchise after DMC1... His Dante is still the coolest Dante in my eyes. And the atmosphere in DMC1 is still my favourite.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
No rotating please...Both are to similar to each other... DMC isn't Megaman so please just focus on one serious... I would love DMC5 but if they no **** you we will focus on the reboot now... OK if they improve it in future games.

My dream would be a... tadda... reboot once again feat Platinum and Kamiya... I really would like to see what he would have done with the franchise after DMC1... His Dante is still the coolest Dante in my eyes. And the atmosphere in DMC1 is still my favourite.

If Kamiya had DMC, it'd be like Bayonetta only with a penis.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
lack of resources and manpower plus Devil May Cry isnt a high selling franchise so there isnt a guarantee that they would make the money back..
Either way i'd like to have the possiblities of both series in parallel rather than focusing deadpan on only one,i mean i'm just sick of this whole "choose DMC or DmC" paradox.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Not that Vergil will ever be the main hero cuz it will always be Dante...

But did you ever heard of the term anti-hero... For example Batman or Wolverine... And both aren't "loud" as well... It is not about how much you say but about what you say... And Vergil's little speeches and character debth > Nero in every possible way

Nero was a nice try of Capcom to push him as main but still he was more or less a 2nd Dante, just not as awesome... And not a single fan would ever doubt that Dante is the guy who made this franchise and should be the center of it.... if anything make him Nero a "3rd main" but the center should be Dante followed by Vergil, who has a deeper connection to the whole story as Nero had in 4

Sure, you can have an antihero as the protagonist, but he'd still need to have a personality that can be liked by the majority of all DMC players. The term antihero has nothing to do with a character being likable, it only says something about him being a hero with negative character traits.
Vergil in DMC3 was likable, but not that much. His likability was mainly due to his bad-assness in spite of how he was pretty much evil. He didn't have the type of fighting style that people tend to like, he didn't have the personality that would go off well with gamers. Sure, some people love him as a character, but most people really don't - they just think he's 'meh'. While Vergil is a silent character who doesn't have a lot of meaningful things to say, Wolverine (your example) is more the type of character people like to see. He shows love towards Jean Grey, he shows a heckload of courage, and he's really vocal about it in battle. Doesn't mean I like him, though; I think Wolverine is really boring in the movies, as he's like X-Men's version of Superman (only without the character).

I mean, really, play DMC3 again and you'll see there's not much of a message Vergil conveys, he doesn't have the type of clothing that makes him a badass in the eyes of the western crowd (long teal coat and boots), and he doesn't do anything nice (aside from helping Dante finish off Arkham). You can't compare that to Wolverine, who's more obviously outspoken in everything he does, as well as righteous and more primal. Batman is a wholly different story.

The thing is, Vergil seems to be dead. It's as though part of his soul still helps out Nero whenever he goes into Devil Trigger form, but that's about it. If the Bianco Angelos and some other demons in DMC4 are made out of 'fragments' of him, then I don't expect him to come back. And why would you want to see him come back? So he can try to defeat Dante a third time? Boring. Three protagonists would make the game a mess; DMC4 didn't even handle two protagonists well, so a third one would be catastrophic. And Dante's story needs to come to a close at some point. He's been around for four games, so I can understand that people get tired of him.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Here's something I found.

That's nice, but I wasn't saying I never noticed Dante drinking, I said I never noticed people complaining about his drinking in the DMC games. One person on Youtube getting five likes doesn't exactly speak for half the fanbase or anything, you know.

DragonMaster2010

That's nice, but I wasn't saying I never noticed Dante drinking, I said I never noticed people complaining about his drinking in the DMC games. One person on Youtube getting five likes doesn't exactly speak for half the fanbase or anything, you know.

I never said it did. But the fact that Dante DOES have beer bottles in his office, and that he obviously does drink says a lot about the fanbase who hates new Dane for drinking when old Dante drank too.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I never said it did. But the fact that Dante DOES have beer bottles in his office, and that he obviously does drink says a lot about the fanbase who hates new Dane for drinking when old Dante drank too.

Yeah, but see, I haven't noticed anyone hating new Dante for drinking (well, aside from that guy on Youtube now). So I really don't think you can say it says a lot about the fanbase, when it's just a few people who possibly said it. Maybe you meant 'a small part of the fanbase' (as in the idiots).

DragonMaster2010

Yeah, but see, I haven't noticed anyone hating new Dante for drinking (well, aside from that guy on Youtube now). So I really don't think you can say it says a lot about the fanbase, when it's just a few people who possibly said it. Maybe you meant 'a small part of the fanbase' (as in the idiots).

Yeah, I probably meant that.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well the problem with Dante is that he became the relic or the guy thats just there to be there so the issue isnt that he's been in too many games, its more that the writers dont know what to do with him nor willing to take any risks so he's become static.

The reboot has the advantage here as they could avoid falling into that hole.

Im okay with either Nero or Vergil getting a game but with Nero they gotta make him his own man because most just write him off as a Dante/Vergil/Sparda wannabe.

So if you wanna do a game with him, you gotta go big and bolder than just a DMC4.5

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I want the gameplay of dmc4 the unique story line and character development of dmc3 (no repeat bosses) the history of dmc1 and i want this new game to be a sequel not a prequel. i want nero as a main i want to learn his origin hell base the game on his origin lol develop him as a character let him grow stornger bring dante into the game as well but give him his own story line not neros back track make it fun and original but keep nero and dante in the game together because ef9 oshea was right neither of them are done

DMC

Devil May Cry
i would like DMC5 .... continue the story of nero... people hate nero cuase hes whiney but hay.. you would be emotional too if some one u loved... keeps getting taking away from ur sight... i would be too

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
i would like DMC5 .... continue the story of nero... people hate nero cuase hes whiney but hay.. you would be emotional too if some one u loved... keeps getting taking away from ur sight... i would be too

Yah i mean for the most part hes completely calm and cool and has a temper but is a smart ass too but he loves kyrie and doesnt want anything bad to happen to her he loves her with all his heart and when shes in danger it throws him off so of course his reaction would be overly emotional

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Yah i mean for the most part hes completely calm and cool and has a temper but is a smart ass too but he loves kyrie and doesnt want anything bad to happen to her he loves her with all his heart and when shes in danger it throws him off so of course his reaction would be overly emotional

Yeah, but he doesn't wear a wifebeater and he doesn't smoke and sheeeeet, so he's not a cool charactuuuurrrrr. He's not 'street smart'. He has emotions. He cried!!! OMGROFLBBQ fake and gaaaay!! Eeeey, he's a bit like Dante! So... we hate him for some reason! Not a good characturrrr. Durrrr.

- every Nero hater.

...You know? :p

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Yeah, but he doesn't wear a wifebeater and he doesn't smoke and sheeeeet, so he's not a cool charactuuuurrrrr. He's not 'street smart'. He has emotions. He cried!!! OMGROFLBBQ fake and gaaaay!! Eeeey, he's a bit like Dante! So... we hate him for some reason! Not a good characturrrr. Durrrr.

- every Nero hater.

LOL forget them nero is am good character with a lotm of character potenial

DMC

Devil May Cry

- every Nero hater.

im a person that doesnt judge for looks and acts... i look at emotions... i mind if some one is trying to look cool or not... i understand why people hate nero... but the people that hate will die first... hatred and anger is weakness... i dont like agruments over game characters... it has no point.... characters are all always better than eachother in a way

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
im a person that doesnt judge for looks and acts... i look at emotions... i mind if some one is trying to look cool or not... i understand why people hate nero... but the people that hate will die first... hatred and anger is weakness... i dont like agruments over game characters... it has no point.... characters are all always better than eachother in a way

Hatred and anger can be power..in the right hands dont underestimate those emotions

DragonMaster2010

Thre a difference between being emotional, and litterally getting on your knees and crying about not being able to save your girl...when in actuallity you DO have the ability to do so, but plot will tell you otherwise.

But I still hate Nero for more fundamental reasons other then his tears.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Thre a difference between being emotional, and litterally getting on your knees and crying about not being able to save your girl...when in actuallity you DO have the ability to do so, but plot will tell you otherwise.

But I still hate Nero for more fundamental reasons other then his tears.

Tell me youve never gotten frustrated and hit something? he was so close and he just missed her although why he didnt extend his arm is beyond me lol but he loves her she was hurt and confused and he just missed saving her so he had a bit of a meltdown everything was going to crap people are trying to kill him he has no idea hwy or why hes fighting so he flipped a bit i dont blame him

Top Bottom