• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Whats better DMC 5? or DmC 2? which would the fans want more?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I mean nero has a ton of character development potenial i mean his back story and origins laone combined with dante being elsewhere in hell and the demons rising to try and take over and nero being the new hunter could make an epic game. give him the use of a new improved darkslayer style (similar to the dmc3 vergil version) but also similar to dantes trickster give him the use of both red queen and yamato as primary weapons with the ability to switch between both and give him a new gun maybe some kind of shotgun of thtrowing knife's or some kind of other projectile maybe giving the devil bringer some kind of projectile move similar to summoned swords? and you have your self a game good thought out enemies great one liners great enviroment and gameplay with new enemies and the option to play as dante or vergil as well and youve got yourself a game

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I mean nero has a ton of character development potenial i mean his back story and origins laone combined with dante being elsewhere in hell and the demons rising to try and take over and nero being the new hunter could make an epic game. give him the use of a new improved darkslayer style (similar to the dmc3 vergil version) but also similar to dantes trickster give him the use of both red queen and yamato as primary weapons with the ability to switch between both and give him a new gun maybe some kind of shotgun of thtrowing knife's or some kind of other projectile maybe giving the devil bringer some kind of projectile move similar to summoned swords? and you have your self a game good thought out enemies great one liners great enviroment and gameplay with new enemies and the option to play as dante or vergil as well and youve got yourself a game

So basically give him DMC3 Vergil's gameplay style but with a few more things added? I guess that could work, but I just feel it's not anything new. I don't want the same old same old with a DMC5. They should try and do something new for once. Instead of Nero using it like Vergil, he should just dual wield as his main style.

As for Nero's character, that all depends on who's doing it. I hated Nero during DMC4 because he was trying to hard to be like another Dante and that made him seem like the bratty kid trying to be cool. I want actual character put into Nero and his own brand of style that's not going to remind me of the character I actually wanted to play as. (Dante)

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
So basically give him DMC3 Vergil's gameplay style but with a few more things added? I guess that could work, but I just feel it's not anything new. I don't want the same old same old with a DMC5. They should try and do something new for once. Instead of Nero using it like Vergil, he should just dual wield as his main style.

As for Nero's character, that all depends on who's doing it. I hated Nero during DMC4 because he was trying to hard to be like another Dante and that made him seem like the bratty kid trying to be cool. I want actual character put into Nero and his own brand of style that's not going to remind me of the character I actually wanted to play as. (Dante)

that seems fair im not okay with the dual weilding simply because red queen is a two hand sword and i want them to keep it that way and merely let nero switch to yamato and back again also give him a back sheath for the red queen none of this sword stuck to his back stuff lol and sure letting his personality develop and giving him his own kidn of role would be a great aspect i still want him to have some kind of style of his own

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
also and this is huge...GIVE ME BACK MY LOCK ON AND LET ME HAVE IT AS THE LEFT TRIGGER!!!!!!...only real thing that bugs me about nero's gameplay in dmc4 is the exceed guage needing to be a trigger ****es me off sooooooo much

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
Hm....Alienating a fanbase even more and killing the series(DmC 2) or doing a last ditch effort to appease the fans and a possibility of killing the series(DMC 5).......

I take appease for 500 dollars final answer.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Hm....Alienating a fanbase even more and killing the series(DmC 2) or doing a last ditch effort to appease the fans and a possibility of killing the series(DMC 5).......

I take appease for 500 dollars final answer.

No need to be so doom about the whole thing regardless of the next devil may cry game fans are going to lose out thats just how it is in this situation there is no path that will appeal to both now as for the fanbase of the DmC series i apologise but obivously it wasnt enough it didnt make nearly as much money as dmc4 did when it came out so a improved sequeal to dmc4 (dmc5) would be the smartest choice financially that and nero has a lot more room to grow then dante does much more character and story potenial especially around his origin while a DmC2 would be nice my vote goes to DMC5

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
No need to be so doom about the whole thing regardless of the next devil may cry game fans are going to lose out thats just how it is in this situation there is no path that will appeal to both now as for the fanbase of the DmC series i apologise but obivously it wasnt enough it didnt make nearly as much money as dmc4 did when it came out so a improved sequeal to dmc4 (dmc5) would be the smartest choice financially that and nero has a lot more room to grow then dante does much more character and story potenial especially around his origin while a DmC2 would be nice my vote goes to DMC5

The problem with a DmC 2 coming out soon(I would pretty much be done with the series after that) is at what cost? With the three years that passed, the fanbase is pretty much split thanks to what has happened. One side is going to be at each others throats and it comes down to if Capcom..and in a sense Ninja Theory learned lessons in PR and what not to do to stir up a hornet's nest.

And with Capcom in the sh**, who the hell knows if they actually had some sense knocked into them. I would love a DMC 5, I would like to see Nero grow or Sparda, heck even Vergil(With god knows how he comes back) but just from whats happening, its difficult to see.

Last edited:

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
The problem with a DmC 2 coming out soon(I would pretty much be done with the series after that) is at what cost? With the three years that passed, the fanbase is pretty much split thanks to what has happened. One side is going to be at each others throats and it comes down to if Capcom..and in a sense Ninja Theory learned lessons in PR and what not to do to stir up a hornet's nest.

And with Capcom in the sh**, who the hell knows if they actually had some sense knocked into them. I would love a DMC 5, I would like to see Nero grow or Sparda, heck even Vergil(With god knows how he comes back) but just from whats happening, its difficult to see.

Agreed either way itll be a hellstorm if either game comes out if it comes out but i think nero and dmc5 is the best course of action but your right either way their will be a cost to pay

Kishido

Hunter
Tell the story of Nero to the end... Not wishy washy **** as in DMC4... Tell his connection to Vergil and stuff like that... After it he either is seriously interesting, which I doubt, or let him being killed for a glorious return of Vergil... The true 2nd main of this franchise...

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Tell the story of Nero to the end... Not wishy washy **** as in DMC4... Tell his connection to Vergil and stuff like that... After it he either is seriously interesting, which I doubt, or let him being killed for a glorious return of Vergil... The true 2nd main of this franchise...

Agreed however dont kill him off!!!!!! you can bring vergil backlk but dont kill nero

Kishido

Hunter
Agreed however dont kill him off!!!!!! you can bring vergil backlk but dont kill nero

I don't need Nero... Seriously he was just created to be a 2nd, more whiny, Dante and for the simple purpose of adding something new gameplay wise.

Story wise he was weak sauce during DMC4 and nothing, as stated above, was clearly said... he was just wishy washy... It seems that even Capcom didn't know what exactly to do with him, if we have Dante around.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I don't need Nero... Seriously he was just created to be a 2nd, more whiny, Dante and for the simple purpose of adding something new gameplay wise.

Story wise he was weak sauce during DMC4 and nothing, as stated above, was clearly said... he was just wishy washy... It seems that even Capcom didn't know what exactly to do with him, if we have Dante around.

I dont see that at all i liked nero's character in dmc4 while dante was arrogant and you out there and flashy nero was more calm and withdrawn with a temper and a i dont give a **** attitude unless its about kyrie i think he has a huge growing potenial and character development and derserves to live and be the main go to for the series forward he earned it i know others dont see it but i think hes a nice mix of vergils coldness and dante's human side

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't know about the fans but i want a DMC5 but, and I've say this when ever the topic comes up, I don't trust Capcom to do it anymore. They have been the pinnacle of poor decition making through out the PS3 era and I don't like how they handle their franchises anymore.

DmC was originally a prequel so in theory there would be no DmC 2 it'd be DMC3 that follows DmC. That didn't happen, as we all saw, but I still think that DmC was a one time deal.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I don't know about the fans but i want a DMC5 but, and I've say this when ever the topic comes up, I don't trust Capcom to do it anymore. They have been the pinnacle of poor decition making through out the PS3 era and I don't like how they handle their franchises anymore.

DmC was originally a prequel so in theory there would be no DmC 2 it'd be DMC3 that follows DmC. That didn't happen, as we all saw, but I still think that DmC was a one time deal.

Thats absolutely correct they would have to redo dmc3 which they already did with the hd collection so in turn yah dmc5 is the next to come because to remake dmc3 wouldnt really do much for the series and prolly wouldnt even sell that well considering the most they could improve is graphics,a bit of gameplay and sound. unless they decide to completely wipe the slate and completely redo dmc3 from scratch

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
DMC5

I would like to play with Vergil again too, even if it's only on Bloody Palace or something like in DMC3. They could make Lady playable too for the first time.

Story-wise, i think that they could go on or trying to retell some of DMC4 backstory, they could actually make some extra levels (like separated stories) letting us play as Dante fighting Gilgamesh and Lucifer, for example, i'm curious to see how Capcom would make these two look like.

Top Bottom