• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Whats better DMC 5? or DmC 2? which would the fans want more?

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
People actually complained about that?
Yeah! I can't believe that! Even one claims I am using the booze bottles as an excuse for still kissing DmC/NT Dante's ass completely! :mad:
How could some fans even miss the fact DMC Dante drinks too? COME ON! Dante drinks booze too, dammit! A HELL LOT OF IT!

Thing is... I AM NOT A TOTAL NT/DmC DANTE ASSKISSER!!! Because I sensed both his strengths and weaknesses in him! I don't praise him so much, yet I don't criticize him much like most people do! :mad:

Yes! Yeeeeeeesssss! :D
You're okay with that even if it ends up as a complete DMC4 copy+paste?
Go say yes like Daniel Bryan in the WWE then over and over...

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Without starting to hate on either of the games, or denigrating either of their directors, I can say without a doubt: Devil May Cry 5. I want to see how Nero grows as a character, but mainly, I want to see him grow in terms of power.

I don't see Vergil returning; if Nero is his son, he would not take over his body and violate him like that. If he's just another family member of Sparda's, he still wouldn't. Vergil seems to have a lot of respect for Sparda and the demon part of him and his family, so he wouldn't destroy Nero. Besides, I'm not sure you can say Vergil is inside Nero. All we know is that when Nero uses the Yamato, he gets help from a part of Vergil's soul, which is inside the Yamato, not his arm.

Would Vergil make a nice main character? Not really. He doesn't have the personality that most gamers are looking for. He's too quiet, too uncaring, and he doesn't really have much to say: no message to convey and very little emotion. Unless you change his entire personality, effectively ruining his purpose as a character, he can't be the main character.

It would be fine to instead have Dante as the protagonist, though. Maybe it could take place after DMC2. Or maybe Nero has to save Dante or something - it would be coming full circle; Dante helped Nero in DMC4, now Nero gets to return the favor. It would be best to make full use of Nero, though: he can't just be a speck in the distance, the fly in the soup. And don't say he's unsalvageable, because he's not. I've managed to explain his origins in the thread Nero's Origins (doesn't exist anymore, I think), so Capcom should be able to as well.

Last edited:

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Yeah! I can't believe that! Even one claims I am using the booze bottles as an excuse for still kissing DmC/NT Dante's ass completely! :mad:
How could some fans even miss the fact DMC Dante drinks too? COME ON! Dante drinks booze too, dammit! A HELL LOT OF IT!

Thing is... I AM NOT A TOTAL NT/DmC DANTE ASSKISSER!!! Because I sensed both his strengths and weaknesses in him! I don't praise him so much, yet I don't criticize him much like most people do! :mad:

You're okay with that even if it ends up as a complete DMC4 copy+paste?
Go say yes like Daniel Bryan in the WWE then over and over...

Why such an aggravated response? I never once said that I thought it was going to be a copy-paste of DMC4. Nor did anyone else, I think. Why do you think it would be a copy-paste of DMC4? I think the character design in DMC2 was good, and I think DMC4's gameplay was nice (mainly DMC3's gameplay, though). So I think it would be an awesome combo - with a new plot, of course.

And, sorry, but I've never heard anyone complain about DmC Dante's drinking. I'm googling it, but I'm not getting any hits. So I can understand where this person who doesn't believe you is coming from; there's no proof. I can see that you're annoyed, though, so you're probably telling the truth. Besides, there's always people who criticize something, whether it's drinking, smoking, eating sugary food, eating salty food, etc etc. At some point, you just have to tell those idiots that their hate is killing them faster than anybody's drinking is. Not everybody gets fat equally fast, not everyone loses weight equally fast. Each person is different from the next. Everybody can decide for themselves what to eat, drink and use. Being an ass about somebody's lifestyle is the ass's problem, not that of the one who decides to live life to the full.

Anyway, welcome back to the forum!

Last edited:

Kishido

Hunter
Would Vergil make a nice main character? Not really. He doesn't have the personality that most gamers are looking for. He's too quiet and too uncaring. Unless you change his entire personality, effectively ruining his purpose as a character, he can't be the main character.

Not that Vergil will ever be the main hero cuz it will always be Dante...

But did you ever heard of the term anti-hero... For example Batman or Wolverine... And both aren't "loud" as well... It is not about how much you say but about what you say... And Vergil's little speeches and character debth > Nero in every possible way

Nero was a nice try of Capcom to push him as main but still he was more or less a 2nd Dante, just not as awesome... And not a single fan would ever doubt that Dante is the guy who made this franchise and should be the center of it.... if anything make him Nero a "3rd main" but the center should be Dante followed by Vergil, who has a deeper connection to the whole story as Nero had in 4

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Not that Vergil will ever be the main hero cuz it will always be Dante...

But did you ever heard of the term anti-hero... For example Batman or Wolverine... And both aren't "loud" as well... It is not about how much you say but about what you say... And Vergil's little speeches and character debth > Nero in every possible way

Nero was a nice try of Capcom to push him as main but still he was more or less a 2nd Dante, just not as awesome... And not a single fan would ever doubt that Dante is the guy who made this franchise and should be the center of it.... if anything make him Nero a "3rd main" but the center should be Dante followed by Vergil, who has a deeper connection to the whole story as Nero had in 4

The problem with Vergil is that he is dead and was always dead from the very first DMC game. His primary role was to always be dead. Sure he was in DMC3 but that was a prequel and the focus was always on Dante has the game was told mainly through his perspective. Vergil in DMC3 was there for Dante and his development even Itsuno stated that they need the perfect rival or villain that can help Dante mature and grow and they chose Vergil for that purpose. Vergil served his purpose and died therefore is irrelevant and then comes Nero who in fact keeps him at least relevant in this series even if it means its by pure mystery or questioning.

Nero is if anything the only thing that makes Vergil relevant....as well as Yamato....but guess who has that...........Nero.

Kishido

Hunter
The problem with Vergil is that he is dead and was always dead from the very first DMC game. His primary role was to always be dead. Sure he was in DMC3 but that was a prequel and the focus was always on Dante has the game was told mainly through his perspective. Vergil in DMC3 was there for Dante and his development even Itsuno stated that they need the perfect rival or villain that can help Dante mature and grow and they chose Vergil for that purpose. Vergil served his purpose and died therefore is irrelevant and then comes Nero who in fact keeps him at least relevant in this series even if it means its by pure mystery or questioning.

Nero is if anything the only thing that makes Vergil relevant....as well as Yamato....but guess who has that...........Nero.

That's a bolt statement if we are talking about video games where Dante is stabbed through multiple times and still fine... All we have seen... Vergil was there in DMC1 corrupted BUT alive by Mundus... After his 3rd defeat by Dante we have seen nothing more than him simply dissapearing... Or where is the corpse? And even if he is dead... As with all other supernatural stories there is always a way

Hell that's why ****es me off the most on DMC4... Look at Nero... His DT is similar to Vergil's, the exact same quote and we give you some hints... But we will still be wishy washy about it... Same for the Nero Angelo hints in DMC4... Never explained in the slightest.

Nothing against Nero this time... but he was nothing mroe than a try of Capcom to bring something new gameplay and character wise as DmC wasa try to bring something new... But he will never have the position of Dante and Vergil... At least in my heart

I will forget about DMC2... But even there you could ask yourself what Dante wants in hell at the end...

But well to much talk... Fact is Vergil was in 2 of 3 (- DMC2) main games and heavily hinted in DMC4 but without explanation... And this alone makes him more relevant than Nero will ever be.

Even NT looked at this case and was clearly introducing Vergil in a reboot knowing his heavy importance to this franchise.

EDIT
Of course we can and should have both alone for the simple sake closing the holes of DMC4... But I think behind Dante, Vergil should be next in line of importance followed by Nero

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
That's a bolt statement if we are talking about video games where Dante is stabbed through multiple times and still fine... All we have seen... Vergil was there in DMC1 corrupted BUT alive by Mundus... After his 3rd defeat by Dante we have seen nothing more than him simply dissapearing... Or where is the corpse? And even if he is dead... As with all other supernatural stories there is always a way

Hell that's why ****es me off the most on DMC4... Look at Nero... His DT is similar to Vergil's, the exact same quote and we give you some hints... But we will still be wishy washy about it... Same for the Nero Angelo hints in DMC4... Never explained in the slightest.

Nothing against Nero this time... but he was nothing mroe than a try of Capcom to bring something new gameplay and character wise as DmC wasa try to bring something new... But he will never have the position of Dante and Vergil... At least in my heart

I will forget about DMC2... But even there you could ask yourself what Dante wants in hell at the end...

But well to much talk... Fact is Vergil was in 2 of 3 (- DMC2) main games and heavily hinted in DMC4 but without explanation... And this alone makes him more relevant than Nero will ever be.

Even NT looked at this case and was clearly introducing Vergil in a reboot knowing his heavy importance to this franchise.

EDIT
Of course we can and should have both alone for the simple sake closing the holes of DMC4... But I think behind Dante, Vergil should be next in line of importance followed by Nero

Well duh NT has Vergil in the reboot, Vergil IS Dante's brother and was a pivotal character in DMC3 which is what DmC takes influence from as well as DMC1.

Also, DmC offers nothing new other than color coded enemies and platforming.

Dante went to hell in DMC2 because there was no other way to get out after facing and defeating Argosax for Lucia told Dante if he were to go in there and fought Argosax there would be no way to get out. So he went to hell so he can find a way out because Sparda had to do the same thing.

As for relevance well Nero is a new main character and that is the point of shifting focus on a new character for they can offer more to the story than already establish characters already have. Bringing back Vergil would do what now??? His primary focus would be towards Dante making him a villain rather than a protagonist or he would serve a role to that associates him with Nero thus making Nero more relevant.

Defeated could also mean killed in battle for he just disappeared wouldn't he just easily reappear again if he just disappeared and was perfectly fine.

As for Vergil's fate he blew up which explains why the Angelos were created from the fragments of the Black Angel...Nelo Angelo and the DMC4 guide explains in the events of DMC1 Nelo Angelo had the soul of Vergil, Dante's "departed brother". If anything Vergil now would be a wandering soul rather than have a physical body and said Soul either resides in Yamato or Nero's arm.

Any relevance Vergil still has is linked to Nero.

Going by that logic wouldn't Trish be more important than Vergil since she appears in far more materials and the same amount of games and is still ALIVE.

MigsRZXAStylish

Why such an aggravated response? I never once said that I thought it was going to be a copy-paste of DMC4. Nor did anyone else, I think. Why do you think it would be a copy-paste of DMC4? I think the character design in DMC2 was good, and I think DMC4's gameplay was nice (mainly DMC3's gameplay, though). So I think it would be an awesome combo - with a new plot, of course.

And, sorry, but I've never heard anyone complain about DmC Dante's drinking. I'm googling it, but I'm not getting any hits. So I can understand where this person who doesn't believe you is coming from; there's no proof. I can see that you're annoyed, though, so you're probably telling the truth.
Besides, there's always people who criticize something, whether it's drinking, smoking, eating sugary food, eating salty food, etc etc. At some point, you just have to tell those idiots that their hate is killing them faster than anybody's drinking is. Not everybody gets fat equally fast, not everyone loses weight equally fast. Each person is different from the next. Everybody can decide for themselves what to eat, drink and use. Being an ass about somebody's lifestyle is the ass's problem, not that of the one who decides to live life to the full.

Anyway, welcome back to the forum!
I think DragonMaster made a good point about DMC4 and thus why he doesn't care for a DMC5. I can see and understand where he's coming from... He said he fears that it will end up like Street Fighter being marketed like that and be milked for money a hell lot, and (here's what I said to add up what he said) I fear that this "series" would become the "Call of Duty" of the Hack&Slash genre starting from DMC4 (high sales, but most of its gameplay is a copy+paste of DMC3; I did research why people hate CoD mainly because it's so damn stale since MW2, and it's not just the fanboys who made CoD ruined and all effed up).

With that being said, Capcom should be more innovative in their approach for DMC5 (which DM even said so himself, and I agree). They should add a new, but still DMC-styled gameplay, and shouldn't be a complete copy+paste of what came before it.
For example, by utilizing DmC's control scheme, it's like you are utilizing all four styles Dante has. I'm thinking L1 + left analog stick is the Trickster's Dash (with L1 being the Royal Guard's Block & Charge); doing that while in the air is the Sky Star. R1 is lock-on, of course! Square+X is the Gun Special (in this case for E&I, it's Twosome Time which can be activated and deactivated on the ground; if you keep shooting forwards while in Twosome Time mode, then you'd do Honeycomb Fire). L2 is switching the guns; R2 switches the Devil Arms (but I want it to be held down so I'll know which weapons to equip, but by clicking either button fast, I would be switching between the last two used weapons; it's like in the Metal Gear Solid series when it comes to equipping weapons and items).

But this is where I'm exactly getting at, pal! To make matters even worse for me, it's one of my own friends who even said that! :(
But I have my own food preferences like every "Dante" I see. For example, I just had cornflakes with sliced bananas all mixed in vanilla-flavored yogurt (made with a live culture yogurt base powder) and mixed berry fruit squeeze for the yogurt I bought at the supermarket for breakfast! I tell you, pal! IT'S YUMMY! :D

You know? I think I'm the type who decides to live life to the full. :)

You can say "welcome back" to me in my official welcome back thread! :)

Why can't we have both ?
Well, why not?

Last edited:

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
If there's one thing I would want for DMC5, it would be for it to move on. No prequels! A lot of people blame DMC2 for not tying things together but I personally feel it was more the responsibility of our beloved prequels to do that. DMC2 was a distant sequel to DMC1. When it was just those two games, the time frame was pretty far apart to the point that they could looked at as two standalone titles. DMC3 came and decided to tell Dante's origin story. It did a damn fine job.... for the most part... Then came DMC4 which happens to take place between DMC1 and 2. Here is where I felt they should have had parallel plot-points. Rather than making Dante just hanging around with Nero they should have only met for a short instance before departure. DMC4 really wouldn't need much changing if they severed Dante's portion. Instead I'd like to see some sort of build up for Arius and his rise to power as a corporate giant. How Lucia escaped from Arius' lab? What life on Dumary Island was like before and after the hell gate was opened. etc etc.

For me a prequel just opens more questions. That's why I want DMC5 to take place after DMC2. Lucia is waiting at Dante's shop still and rather than Dante showing up on the bike, it was Trish. Dante is in hell and they should work from there onward. Dante has his styles and new weapons (along with some old forgotten gems like Alastor) I want a great emphasis on combat as well as puzzle solving and exploration. Mix it up a bit between 1 and 3 basically. Some new styles and moves/tricks would do wonders too. This is hell so it should be scary as ****. It's dark, ambiance of freaky noises and music that fits the battle mood just right.
And one last thing, make his personality closer to that of his DMC1 self. He was very balanced and for that is my favorite Dante. Lucia has her amulets that change the effect of attacks and playstyle. Honestly I thought that was pretty pretty awesome in DMC2. Expand upon it so she and Dante don't seem anything alike. Make her attacks also more relentless and quick paced while at the same time not very strong (unless she DT's) Nero should return because he needs some fleshing out. However instead of being in Dante's shadow this time he's out for himself. Discovery of his origins could make a nice diversion. However it shouldn't be too heavily focused on otherwise the player loses focus on what's really important. Maybe 11 or so missions full of heavy combat and platforming that requires his arm. Also give us way more options with his giant f***-off arm. They could do some really creative things with it really. Also, for the love of god, don't make him Vergil's son. That's just so taboo. -_-

Meh, I'd elaborate more but I'm just summarizing for now. Too tired.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Dmc5 with Dante Nero as secondary character Dantes story is far from finished good writing can revamp it devil may cry is Dante through and through making Nero main again would kill my interest in the series DMC 5 with Dante fighting his way out of hell and Nero fighting o the surface as a secondary lead and then Dante makes it out and fights the end boss in a huge battle while Nero defends the city from everything else

MigsRZXAStylish

If there's one thing I would want for DMC5, it would be for it to move on. No prequels! A lot of people blame DMC2 for not tying things together but I personally feel it was more the responsibility of our beloved prequels to do that. DMC2 was a distant sequel to DMC1. When it was just those two games, the time frame was pretty far apart to the point that they could looked at as two standalone titles. DMC3 came and decided to tell Dante's origin story. It did a damn fine job.... for the most part... Then came DMC4 which happens to take place between DMC1 and 2. Here is where I felt they should have had parallel plot-points. Rather than making Dante just hanging around with Nero they should have only met for a short instance before departure. DMC4 really wouldn't need much changing if they severed Dante's portion. Instead I'd like to see some sort of build up for Arius and his rise to power as a corporate giant. How Lucia escaped from Arius' lab? What life on Dumary Island was like before and after the hell gate was opened. etc etc.

For me a prequel just opens more questions. That's why I want DMC5 to take place after DMC2. Lucia is waiting at Dante's shop still and rather than Dante showing up on the bike, it was Trish. Dante is in hell and they should work from there onward. Dante has his styles and new weapons (along with some old forgotten gems like Alastor) I want a great emphasis on combat as well as puzzle solving and exploration. Mix it up a bit between 1 and 3 basically. Some new styles and moves/tricks would do wonders too. This is hell so it should be scary as ****. It's dark, ambiance of freaky noises and music that fits the battle mood just right.
And one last thing, make his personality closer to that of his DMC1 self. He was very balanced and for that is my favorite Dante. Lucia has her amulets that change the effect of attacks and playstyle. Honestly I thought that was pretty pretty awesome in DMC2. Expand upon it so she and Dante don't seem anything alike. Make her attacks also more relentless and quick paced while at the same time not very strong (unless she DT's) Nero should return because he needs some fleshing out. However instead of being in Dante's shadow this time he's out for himself. Discovery of his origins could make a nice diversion. However it shouldn't be too heavily focused on otherwise the player loses focus on what's really important. Maybe 11 or so missions full of heavy combat and platforming that requires his arm. Also give us way more options with his giant f***-off arm. They could do some really creative things with it really. Also, for the love of god, don't make him Vergil's son. That's just so taboo. -_-

Meh, I'd elaborate more but I'm just summarizing for now. Too tired.
That may be long, but you make a good BIG point! :D

Dmc5 with Dante Nero as secondary character Dantes story is far from finished good writing can revamp it devil may cry is Dante through and through making Nero main again would kill my interest in the series DMC 5 with Dante fighting his way out of hell and Nero fighting o the surface as a secondary lead and then Dante makes it out and fights the end boss in a huge battle while Nero defends the city from everything else
I agree to the underlined part here.

Here's something I found.

I know that art! That's the inspiration for my avatar here. I know the DeviantArt user who did this!
He's an Argentinian by the username of CJvselinmortal. I think he face-palmed when he saw that complaint.

Kishido

Hunter
Well duh NT has Vergil in the reboot, Vergil IS Dante's brother and was a pivotal character in DMC3 which is what DmC takes influence from as well as DMC1.

Also, DmC offers nothing new other than color coded enemies and platforming.

NT changed so much in this reboot they simply could somehow bring another version of Nero as well... But they haven't.

Dante went to hell in DMC2 because there was no other way to get out after facing and defeating Argosax for Lucia told Dante if he were to go in there and fought Argosax there would be no way to get out. So he went to hell so he can find a way out because Sparda had to do the same thing.

True that... And that's why I want a sequel of DMC2 and how Dante does in hell

As for relevance well Nero is a new main character and that is the point of shifting focus on a new character for they can offer more to the story than already establish characters already have. Bringing back Vergil would do what now??? His primary focus would be towards Dante making him a villain rather than a protagonist or he would serve a role to that associates him with Nero thus making Nero more relevant.

And what happened after DMC4 and Nero as main character? A lot of people were unhappy... And after it we got DmC... With no Nero

Defeated could also mean killed in battle for he just disappeared wouldn't he just easily reappear again if he just disappeared and was perfectly fine.

As for Vergil's fate he blew up which explains why the Angelos were created from the fragments of the Black Angel...Nelo Angelo and the DMC4 guide explains in the events of DMC1 Nelo Angelo had the soul of Vergil, Dante's "departed brother". If anything Vergil now would be a wandering soul rather than have a physical body and said Soul either resides in Yamato or Nero's arm.

Any relevance Vergil still has is linked to Nero.

Just let us quit this one... I see it exactly the opppsite way with Nero being just interesting cuz of Vergil and not the other way around. But to each their own buddy so we shouldn't debate to much about this

Going by that logic wouldn't Trish be more important than Vergil since she appears in far more materials and the same amount of games and is still ALIVE.

Yeah Trish is very important but you easily can judge her role in this series which isn't that deep as Dante's, Vergil's and even Nero's

But if you already are mentioning it... If Capcom is so proud of Nero being the new main and everything... Why not bringing him into Marvel vs Capcom 3 for example?

Gameplaywise he would have been awesome with his Devil Bringer... but no DMC was represented by 3 people... Dante, Vergil and Trish

Don't get me wrong pal... Nero is interesting in his own way... But for me Dante is and always will be the main followed by Vergil.

But as I said above... Just let us have our opinion without bitching too much about it.

Maybe we will be all happy with DMC5. Have a nice weekend

Top Bottom