• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What was cool then, isn't cool now.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Too bad that reboot have nothing for fans of original series. If its suposed to cater the western world gamers i dont want to be called that.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I thought it was nice adding the costume.

I won't let my fanboy pride deny that I would love to play in a DMC3 outfit.

It's not that big of a deal.:/

DragonMaster2010

I also gotta agree with GF90000000 guy on one thing. (Even though he's a bit off the wall)

It seems you really do complain a bit about wanting a DMC5 a lot, yet you call Capcom idiots and terrible people. Why would capcom make you a game you want yet you call them idiots? That's like you calling someone a retard and expecting them to give you a cake.:/

Yes, not every thread you make is about this, but somewhere in your threads or another thread, I can find a complaint about "Capcom sucks!" or "I'm not buying DmC" or "We (I) should get a DMC5!"

You don't see me going to the DMC4 forum and saying "I hate Koboyashi for messing up DMC!" or "Nero is just a sh*tty Ichigo wanna be" or "Donte in **** May Cry 4 sucks ass!" I keep that those thoughts to myself.

VergilNeroDante

I also gotta agree with GF90000000 guy on one thing. (Even though he's a bit off the wall)

It seems you really do complain a bit about wanting a DMC5 a lot, yet you call Capcom idiots and terrible people. Why would capcom make you a game you want yet you call them idiots? That's like you calling someone a retard and expecting them to give you a cake.:/

Yes, not every thread you make is about this, but somewhere in your threads or another thread, I can find a complaint about "Capcom sucks!" or "I'm not buying DmC" or "We (I) should get a DMC5!"

You don't see me going to the DMC4 forum and saying "I hate Koboyashi for messing up DMC!" or "Nero is just a sh*tty Ichigo wanna be" or "Donte in **** May Cry 4 sucks ass!" I keep that those thoughts to myself.

I'm not complaining about wanting a DMC 5, I just really want one. Even if GF900000000 doesn't understand my fanboyish for the original, I grew up with it and can't let it be replaced with this (again not saying thats a bad thing) thats just me against it. I dislike Capcom because they chose to make the original the way it is even though they could have brought it back even better but chose not too. If they actually sat down and thought long and hard on the matter rather than throwing something together, then I'm sure DMC 5 would be amazing. I'm looking at it like this DmC gets all its sequels and praises and is finished and either Capcom will finally do a DMC 5 and make it worse than the rest because they don't care (even after gaining story knowledge) or they won't make it at all. Again just something I thought about but then again I could be wrong.

Overall I don't care if you guys buy this game, I support you on your decision but I don't want people bashing on me whenever I would like to talk about something I would like made (and this isn't regarding the backlash I have for Capcom either, just talking about a game I want made)

Thing is I don't understand why everyone brings and compares DMC 4 with Inuyasha and Bleach when they dont have anything to do with each other, besides the whole ''anime'' look everyone thinks it has. I will always love the original over the reboot because I a HUGE fan of it.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It's not just that the only concern I honestly have is that I wish they would just finish the original THATS one reason I won't get this game, it's a code I go by that I would like to complete every game from start to finish until the story is over. I know that seems alittle out there but still I go by that so harshly but there are things of the new DmC I just don't like but you don't see me making a post on the regards of hating everything about it. I just want a decent finishing story to the original that explains everything in detail that was left out possibly a 2 part game where in one it explains the details left out but also continuing the original and then in the last and 2nd part would continue to an ultimate fight against Mundus for the last time taking him out for good.
You know, asking for that is nearly absurd, given Devil May Cry's narrative as a whole, right? Each game was made without story being a main focus, only gameplay. That's why the narrative is such a clusterf*ck and so many things are inconclusive. With the way the series has gone, what inkling is there that there even would be a sequel continuing the story, let alone an end to the story. Each game is self-contained to tell a single story. The only greater narrative arc that exists is the crap they didn't bother to explain (because they didn't care enough) and Dante's overall "I'm a badass demon hunter, watch me get into some sh*t."
To not get something, anything, on the principle of something else that has nothing to do with it hasn't concluded is just silly. You're setting yourself up for disappointments in life :/

VergilNeroDante

You know, asking for that is nearly absurd, given Devil May Cry's narrative as a whole, right? Each game was made without story being a main focus, only gameplay. That's why the narrative is such a clusterf*ck and so many things are inconclusive. With the way the series has gone, what inkling is there that there even would be a sequel continuing the story, let alone an end to the story. Each game is self-contained to tell a single story. The only greater narrative arc that exists is the crap they didn't bother to explain (because they didn't care enough) and Dante's overall "I'm a badass demon hunter, watch me get into some sh*t."
To not get something, anything, on the principle of something else that has nothing to do with it hasn't concluded is just silly. You're setting yourself up for disappointments in life :/

Well we all can dream

DragonMaster2010

I'm not complaining about wanting a DMC 5, I just really want one. Even if GF900000000 doesn't understand my fanboyish for the original, I grew up with it and can't let it be replaced with this (again not saying thats a bad thing) thats just me against it. I dislike Capcom because they chose to make the original the way it is even though they could have brought it back even better but chose not too. If they actually sat down and thought long and hard on the matter rather than throwing something together, then I'm sure DMC 5 would be amazing. I'm looking at it like this DmC gets all its sequels and praises and is finished and either Capcom will finally do a DMC 5 and make it worse than the rest because they don't care (even after gaining story knowledge) or they won't make it at all. Again just something I thought about but then again I could be wrong.

Well I can understand that.

Overall I don't care if you guys buy this game, I support you on your decision but I don't want people bashing on me whenever I would like to talk about something I would like made (and this isn't regarding the backlash I have for Capcom either, just talking about a game I want made)

Thing is I don't understand why everyone brings and compares DMC 4 with Inuyasha and Bleach when they dont have anything to do with each other, besides the whole ''anime'' look everyone thinks it has. I will always love the original over the reboot because I a HUGE fan of it.

Makes very logic sense. I'm sorry I judged you.

VergilNeroDante

Makes very logic sense. I'm sorry I judged you.

Apparently I feel a lot do here because of somethings I would like to have but then again thats too much for some while they say it will never happen. I just feel thats what is going to happen. DmC will get the praises and sequels (thats fine) while the original will sit in the dark, not touched until Capcom sees fit to continue it (or not at all) but still I feel they will half-ass it because they have money and since DmC made it better than the original they won't care how a finalized version would turn out (I could be wrong). If it was me I would at the very least try to work things out to make even the original become better than it's other installments because unlike Capcom I would try my hardest to make my fans enjoy what they play rather than in confusion.

DragonMaster2010

Apparently I feel a lot do here because of somethings I would like to have but then again thats too much for some while they say it will never happen. I just feel thats what is going to happen. DmC will get the praises and sequels (thats fine) while the original will sit in the dark, not touched until Capcom sees fit to continue it (or not at all) but still I feel they will half-ass it because they have money and since DmC made it better than the original they won't care how a finalized version would turn out (I could be wrong). If it was me I would at the very least try to work things out to make even the original become better than it's other installments because unlike Capcom I would try my hardest to make my fans enjoy what they play rather than in confusion.

True. and after RE6, it's hard to tell whether Capcom is truly in it's prime, or not.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Apparently because we are not so free-spirited as the Japanese. Why would I see myself in a videogame? To me it's nothing more than a hollywood movie thats all. Things shouldn't change if it's not needed but at first bashing on the fans about what was cool back in 2001 isn't cool and then using skin that looks like DMC 3 Dante, to me seems desperate to drag the original fans in but I don't see it working since NT insulted so many before the games release.
Do you think Japan is some kind of wonderland of cosplay and anime? Japan is actually pretty normal and not as eccentric as you think. Sure it's the patron saint of the internet when it comes to the weird and or adorable but it's pretty much like everywhere else. You live in the west? Go to Japan and it isn't as much culture shock as you might think or hope.
If Dante was even seen walking the streets of Japan he'd get odd glances and stares because it isn't normal nor was it really ever stylish. Tell me, would you honestly go around walking in public dressed as Dante? Dante was never so much as cool as he was a dork. No one in their right mind acts like Dante and if they did I'm pretty sure I would not associate myself with that person. If the original Dante is in the reboot as an unlockable then it's just another tribute to the previous titles. I for one actually appreciate it.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
lol once japan sees you like cosplaying in some parts, they would immediately think that you're a crazy otaku unless you are in Tokyo or Kyoto. Otaku is a positive term in the west while it's negative in japan.

Also coolness depends on one's perspective honestly. I find DMC 3 and DMC Anime dante as cool and i'm one of the majority that thinks that DMC 2 dante have the most cool outfit.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
It's not just that the only concern I honestly have is that I wish they would just finish the original THATS one reason I won't get this game, it's a code I go by that I would like to complete every game from start to finish until the story is over. I know that seems alittle out there but still I go by that so harshly but there are things of the new DmC I just don't like but you don't see me making a post on the regards of hating everything about it. I just want a decent finishing story to the original that explains everything in detail that was left out possibly a 2 part game where in one it explains the details left out but also continuing the original and then in the last and 2nd part would continue to an ultimate fight against Mundus for the last time taking him out for good.

There are so many inconsistencies with that already, I imagine they're gonna stay away from doing that. In the same way I can't see them making game that explains the true origins of Nero.

hek7ic

Well, there's nothing you can do about it.
This topic has been beaten like a dead horse over and over again ever since Tameem said this in an interview. Don't you people ever let anything go? Do you always dwell on the insignificant like this in other aspects of your lives as well? Why is this so important to you?

DmC Dante got a new and more modern look, because they wanted to make him appeal to a larger group of people. Mainstreaming. To bring in new fans to the series, more specifically the western world gamers. HOWEVER! They also wanted to show they haven't totally abandoned the fans of the original series, so therefore they put in the little treat that you can actually unlock a costume for Dante to appear like his DMC3 self.

As a fan of DMC3 and the original series, I find this really nice! I would love to play through the game in that costume!

Im in the same boat. I really like the outfit, and just the overall look of dante

aoshi

Tameem never said directly that Dante isn't cool. It's his fashion sense.

Yeah, he did not. But he did mock at classic dante in the game.
*facepalms*
I get that classic dante's look would not go with the reboot, but this is jus childish(from a dev).

ZeroLove

If people see that as a jab at the fanbase of the original series, I think they are being oversensitive and overreactive. It's nothing but a funny hint to the classics, nothing more, nothing less. Stop taking everything so personally.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I remember from the another forum i'm in, people take that waaaay to personal. Some of them even curse tameem and said that he is immature.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Because he is acting immature. Lets promote more games on using trolling and hating. Thats how adult act right?

Top Bottom