• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What was cool then, isn't cool now.

VergilNeroDante

Why say this and then turn around and use something from the original? The DMC 3 custome was nothing more than a insult to the original in my opinion. I thought they were trying to keep things away from each other rather than combining them? (Referring to any ideas from the two). That said, trying to make it feel like DMC 3 Dante running through this is a joke and doesn't fit. Sorry I just can't accept this. BUT thats just my opinion.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
All the tricks to entice as many people as possible are being played. I assume they hope it will be endearing to the 'old fans' that have had the bird flipped at them during this, because that Dante isn't cool.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Fashions and trends have since progressed. However, most of modernisation comes from looking back on yourself to see what did and didn't work. This is what aids that progression for most fashions. In the manner of saying that what worked before will not work now, is a backward thing to say. What worked before will still work now. However, it's about a little bit of redesign and stamping and labelling it as 'new', 'fresh' and 'hip. All that sort of slang just means "Everything you've seen before, just tweaked a little".

DmC is everything we've seen before. It's what it is now and it is what is was back then. Nothing has changed enough to say "What was then is not cool now".

So I have to agree with you on this one.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I never thought a game about being a demon and slaying demons was in any way realistically personally relateable, it's pure fantasy, and Dante would be laughed at and looked at on the street IRL, because he's a strange-looking videogame character.

What's changed is this idea that now we need to see ourselves in a videogame character in order to be seen playing the game, or so NT say. We can't just play games with outlandish looking characters here in the West because apparently it's embarrassing or something.

VergilNeroDante

I never thought a game about being a demon and slaying demons was in any way realistically personally relateable, it's pure fantasy, and Dante would be laughed at and looked at on the street IRL, because he's a strange-looking videogame character.

What's changed is this idea that now we need to see ourselves in a videogame character in order to be seen playing the game, or so NT say. We can't just play games with outlandish looking characters here in the West because apparently it's embarrassing or something.

Apparently because we are not so free-spirited as the Japanese. Why would I see myself in a videogame? To me it's nothing more than a hollywood movie thats all. Things shouldn't change if it's not needed but at first bashing on the fans about what was cool back in 2001 isn't cool and then using skin that looks like DMC 3 Dante, to me seems desperate to drag the original fans in but I don't see it working since NT insulted so many before the games release.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Apparently because we are not so free-spirited as the Japanese. Why would I see myself in a videogame? To me it's nothing more than a hollywood movie thats all. Things shouldn't change if it's not needed but at first bashing on the fans about what was cool back in 2001 isn't cool and then using skin that looks like DMC 3 Dante, to me seems desperate to drag the original fans in but I don't see it working since NT insulted so many before the games release.
Less free-spirited, or maybe just insecure or lacking imagination. Who knows.

I don't understand it, but whatever. It's a 'new generation' of gamers they are appealing to, as long as they think this Dante is attractive or relateable they will probably buy stuff with him in it. The 'uncool' thing was the excuse given to redesign Dante, but like a lot of things CAPCOM and NT have said, take it with caution, they'll say stuff to justify decisions which underneath are not creative, but of the corporate boardroom.

If Westerners are the target and most Westerners really would buy new games because the character in them looks more 'cool' to them, it's logic to go with that from a business view. I guess we'll see from the sales figures what Westerners want

Martius

SSSmokin!
I wouldnt mind if reboot was done in serious way like Darksiders. There are other "cool" things than swearing and demon sex in clothes.

GF9000000Returns

Lemme correct a bit of things for you Mr Persistent. You SHOULD accept it, but you don't have to like it, that's it. And for the love of god man....

25265155.jpg

It's like everytime I go to this section, it's always gotta be about you crying over not having a DMC5. If it's not gonna happen, then IT'S NOT! God...!

VergilNeroDante

Lemme correct a bit of things for you Mr Persistent. You SHOULD accept it, but you don't have to like it, that's it. And for the love of god man....

25265155.jpg

It's like everytime I go to this section, it's always gotta be about you crying over not having a DMC5. If it's not gonna happen, then IT'S NOT! God...!

not every post is in regards to DMC 5 idiot. Do you always have to jump in and post your thoughts to the point where your angry whenever someone mentions DMC 5? You have NO proof that DMC 5 wont happen. Until its offical I will continue stating my reasons for hating this reboot and wanting DMC 5. Ignore these posts, rather than wasting your breathe.

GF9000000Returns

not every post is in regards to DMC 5 idiot. Do you always have to jump in and post your thoughts to the point where your angry whenever someone mentions DMC 5? You have NO proof that DMC 5 wont happen. Until its offical I will continue stating my reasons for hating this reboot and wanting DMC 5. Ignore these posts, rather than wasting your breathe.

From what I've with you, yes it is most of the time. It's not the fact that I get angry just because somebody mentioned it, it's when somebody makes a thread numerous times talking about the same damn subject and THAT'S WHAT I SEE YOU DO HERE! When the hell did I ever say that a DMC5 wouldn't happen? NEVER! All I said that if DmC sold well to Capcom's expectations, there's a 85% chance that it might not happen.

VergilNeroDante

From what I've with you, yes it is most of the time. It's not the fact that I get angry just because somebody mentioned it, it's when somebody makes a thread numerous times talking about the same damn subject and THAT'S WHAT I SEE YOU DO HERE! When the hell did I ever say that a DMC5 wouldn't happen? NEVER! All I said that if DmC sold well to Capcom's expectations, there's a 85% chance that it might not happen.

Oh look he's getting angry lol. Ignore the posts then kid, simple enough no?

ZeroLove

Sorry I just can't accept this. BUT thats just my opinion.

Well, there's nothing you can do about it.
This topic has been beaten like a dead horse over and over again ever since Tameem said this in an interview. Don't you people ever let anything go? Do you always dwell on the insignificant like this in other aspects of your lives as well? Why is this so important to you?

DmC Dante got a new and more modern look, because they wanted to make him appeal to a larger group of people. Mainstreaming. To bring in new fans to the series, more specifically the western world gamers. HOWEVER! They also wanted to show they haven't totally abandoned the fans of the original series, so therefore they put in the little treat that you can actually unlock a costume for Dante to appear like his DMC3 self.

As a fan of DMC3 and the original series, I find this really nice! I would love to play through the game in that costume!

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Oh, agreed. The minute I have that sucker unlocked, It's DMC3 skin for all my play throughs. I love New!Dante's personality, I'm just not too keen still on the black hair as a look. ~Shrug~ personal taste, it's nothing to rage over.

GF9000000Returns

See VND, even Zero is getting tired of seeing your rants. I already know what to do is just ignore them but I'm just glad to say that I'm not the only one who sees this. Like I said again, you should accept it, but you have a right not to like it.

Honestly, I really am starting to lose interest of most of the original games (mostly DMC4) because of persistent guys like you.

VergilNeroDante

It's not just that the only concern I honestly have is that I wish they would just finish the original THATS one reason I won't get this game, it's a code I go by that I would like to complete every game from start to finish until the story is over. I know that seems alittle out there but still I go by that so harshly but there are things of the new DmC I just don't like but you don't see me making a post on the regards of hating everything about it. I just want a decent finishing story to the original that explains everything in detail that was left out possibly a 2 part game where in one it explains the details left out but also continuing the original and then in the last and 2nd part would continue to an ultimate fight against Mundus for the last time taking him out for good.

Top Bottom