• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What type of new styles will there be

Chrysander

I don't think there will be any new styles? The D-pad is going to select the styles for Dante - Trickster, Swordmaster, Gunslinger and Royal Guard. So there isn't room for anymore styls. I suppose maybe you could get other styles, and then set them up beforehand, so you could assign UP on the pad to be quicksilver and LEFT to be doppelganger... but we haven't heard about that, so I kind of assumed there would only be the main 4. And as Nero has been so well-thought-out, he has no styles... great! -_-

Having said that, I would like to see more for both Dante and Nero that would be cool. For Dante:

Quicksilver - have a few more things he can do with it, like freeze individual enemies for a long time for like 1 or 2 orbs. Or freeze a radius of enemies for more orbs.

Doppelganger - Again, I'd like to see more options. Maybe have it so that circle makes the doppelganger attack - so you don't activate him and have him for a set period, you can attack whenever and it uses orbs as and when you press O. He would attack with the weapon you have equipped (or maybe to make things interesting he would have the opposite equipped?? Hard to keep track of, but would make more variety). So you can press triangle and O together. But with each attack you do with O, it drains orbs off you. Maybe each attack could take off 1/4 of an orb. That would make for some extreme combos! So maybe in doppelganger style, you have 2x Dante all the time, but he just follows you around until you press O, then he performs an action. Either that or he could pop out just when you press O, then fade away, either way is cool.

Grappler - This would be cool and would allow Dante to grab hold of enemies at close range and do wrestling moves on them. He could have a few different things he could do depending on which enemy it is. For the really massive enemies, he could just grab them and do knees / headbutts etc. But for small enemies, he could do DDTs, Powerbombs, Suplex, and even do stuff out of the air.

Infuriator - This would be like an ultra taunt style. As well as your normal taunts, you would also have O for more taunt moves. They would be cheesy stuff like slapping them around the face, or kicking them in the balls, poke to the eye, moonwalk, handstands etc - do low damage (or none at all), but they give you orbs back quickly. This would be really funny, but also useful because obviously you'd be able to use DT more often.

june34

There could be a speacil style for nero and his devil bringer or a speacil doge style that would be cool =D

Fallen Angel

Devil Hunter
It's a shame nero doesn't have any styles,But from what i've seen on gameplay trailers,It looks like he doesn't need any!

Chrysander

I think he totally needs some, unless he's going to have a million weapons and guns, he is going to be a lot more limited than Dante. Think about all the combinations for Dante, even if he only has 5 guns and 5 swords (I imagine he will have even more than that this time)

5 guns
5 swords
4 styles

So that will make:

10 combinations of guns:
in DMC3 it was:
handguns + shotgun
handguns + artemis
handguns + spiral
handguns + launcher
shotgun + artemis
shotgun + spiral
shotgun + launcher
spiral + artemis
spiral + launcher
artemis + launcher

Then
10 combinations of swords
in DMC3 it was:
rebellion + cerberus
rebellion + agni & rudra
rebellion + nevan
rebellion + beowulf
cerberus + agni & rudra
cerberus + nevan
cerberus + beowulf
agni & rudra + nevan
agni & rudra + beowulf
nevan + beowulf

Then, if you combine those, that makes a total of 100 combinations of guns and swords that you could have at any given time.

Then with 4 styles, that means there is 400 combinations of sword, gun and style at any given time.

I don't think Nero will be as varied as this, without having styles. If Nero has the same amount of weapons and guns, then he'd only have 100 combinations. That's a quarter of Dante's combinations. If Nero has less weapons (some people think that Nero will only have 1 sword and 1 gun) then that means he has 1 combination. That is 400 times less. Why people think that's a good thing is beyond me. Correct me if I am wrong with these figures.

Blood Knight

Demon Warrior
you do have apoint about the weapons. but i think nero makes up for it by having the devil bringer. that's how he's supposed to 'Level Up" in the game, by getting more moves and abilities for the "db." i heard he gets the ability to throw things in the environment, not just enemies, and he gets some kind of demon spirit technique thats kind of like doppelganger

Chrysander

I don't know how his styles would work if he does have some. I thought they said that he doesn't have any. Circle is used for the Devil Bringer. From what I've seen, one of the L triggers was for Nero's sword rev, to charge up. R1 is still for targetting. But that leaves the other 2 shoulder buttons - perhaps they are for switching like with Dante, but if doesn't have any more weapons, maybe they will be used for something else - another new feature that Dante won't have? I can't imagine what that would be.

Chrysander

I still doubt that they are devil arms, I think they sound more like guns, since all the attacks that have been described in previews have been projectiles

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
Actually, Pandora's Box is suppose to be some sort of shapeshifting breifcase that transforms into all sorts of weapons. Lucifer are a pair of wings i think that give Dante special abilities. Check out ign.com

Chrysander

Atredus;56615 said:
Actually, Pandora's Box is suppose to be some sort of shapeshifting breifcase that transforms into all sorts of weapons. Lucifer are a pair of wings i think that give Dante special abilities. Check out ign.com

Yez. But Lucifer shoots out blades / spikes (projectiles) and Pandora's Box turns into guns and missile launchers (projectiles). It's not like pandora's box turns into a hammer or an axe - maybe it does, but all I've read has been guns and stuff.

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
Chrysander;56685 said:
Yez. But Lucifer shoots out blades / spikes (projectiles) and Pandora's Box turns into guns and missile launchers (projectiles). It's not like pandora's box turns into a hammer or an axe - maybe it does, but all I've read has been guns and stuff.

Yea you're right. I forgot to say that lol

Poopy X

The best artist.
Does anyone think Nero will have different form of that Red Queen? Maybe his style is to transform his sword to many kind of power.Such as fire, ice, etc...

june34

ya that would be cool, but what about dante's new gantlets there almost look like the beowolf gantlets but it seems like they have claws that come out of them.

Blood Knight

Demon Warrior
even though thats how its been in most of the games, devil arm doesn't necessarily mean melee weapon. besides, look at nevan. its primary attack was a long range attack. also, from what i remember reading, those attacks you mentioned were the more advanced moves. who knows what else they may be capable of

Top Bottom