• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What type of new styles will there be

Chrysander

Well it will suck if the devil arms are taken up with guns. The Pandora's Box turns into missile launches, guns and crossbows and stuff, from what I've read. If that's meant to be a sword, then, well, it just isn't. It will be shame, say if there is 5 'guns' and 5 'devil arms', but 2 of those 'devil arms' are actually guns, then you have 7 guns and 3 swords... Unless some of the guns are actually swords. In which case, why not just put them in the appropriate sections...

Phage

Heartbreaker
I dont see Pandoras box classed as a gun, like Nevan it has a melee component which extends into a variety of ranged weaponry attacks whos execution/timing/combo is like the other strictly melee Devil Arms. the only notable difference being the ranged factor... but without the conventions guns have so as not to undermine their use and instead turn Dante from a gunslinging cowboy/knight to an arsenal of combat artillary.

Chrysander

Phage;57152 said:
I dont see Pandoras box classed as a gun, like Nevan it has a melee component which extends into a variety of ranged weaponry attacks whos execution/timing/combo is like the other strictly melee Devil Arms. the only notable difference being the ranged factor... but without the conventions guns have so as not to undermine their use and instead turn Dante from a gunslinging cowboy/knight to an arsenal of combat artillary.

What have we heard about Pandora's Box which is a melee attack? It very well might be a devil arm, with projectile attacks, but from what I've heard so far, that doesn't seem to be the case, it seems to be exclusively ranged attacks. Nevan shot out lightning, but it was also used to just smack enemies. maybe he will pull out swords as well, or perhaps he will just smash them with the case! Perhaps if you have swordmaster on, he pulls out swords and if you have gunslinger he pulls out guns (when you press O when you have the box equipped).

Phage

Heartbreaker
the only melee attack Pandoras Box is sporting is when Dante is supposed to kick the briefcase out and open, using the case as a melee weapon before using its contents as a ranged, the options of which are governed by its own unique weapon gauge.

Nevan only had the option to melee with the guitar itself[disregarding the attack moving into 'tune up' mode] when using the weaponmaster style. the melee option otherwise was just local shockwave and sliding into enemies while playing. even though it was a ranged weapon it was still different from the guns because there was still a combo system, a lack of proficiency over long distance[in comparison to guns] and alternating between melee, mid, long range attacks rather than moving into a ranged only weapon.
I imagine Pandoras Box will retain the same Dynamic and like Nevan have more melee options[forming melee weaponry] open to it in Weaponmaster style.

gunslinger wouldnt have any baring on Pandoras Box, at the end of the day it is still classified a combat weapon rather than ballistic.

june34

can someone send me a link to see some of this info about pandoras box and the other new wepons

Demon

The Bat Of Love
it would be cool if there was a Demon style. like ermmm oh dante goes to punch a enemy and his fist terns into a claw no wait thats to much like Nero ermm well it sounded good in my head lol :wacko: well basiclly he can do DT moves without fully changing.

Top Bottom