• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What the hell is going on with Mass Effect: Andromeda?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I mean first of all.......LOOK AT THIS!!

Oh yeah and keep this in mind:
gsege_by_wesker500-dauak5f.jpg

Not very impressive:

OK so we have known about Andromeda for a while but we have seen so little of it
- The game has been delayed many times.
- Many key developers have left.
- Bioware and EA are putting no effort into marketing.
- The released footage is unimpressive at best.
- The Gameplay designer is a racist prick
- Oh god those facial animations.
- The game is only 2 months from rel.......wait WHAT!!?

It's only 2 MONTHS away from release? In THIS state!?
With these 2 mediocre gameplay videos and 1 cinematic reveal is the only footage we have!?

I can't be the only one who sees that this game is gonna be a total disaster.​

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Question of perspective. I thought Doom 4's footage was pretty unimpressive and meh too, and there was a fair amount of doom and gloom (no pun intended) before its release but then it turned out to be a hit.

All in all, I ain't interested in this franchise so I'm gonna skip this game but no, it doesn't look like it's gonna be a disaster to me. I like what I see in those gameplay videos.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
I like what I see too. This game looks like it's promising more of a Star Trek-esque path rather than the "guns-blazing" approach of ME2 and especially ME3. Feels more like the first game actually and this is not a bad thing.

Let's not forget that this is a game of exploration and finding a new home for humanity. The Remnants are there to give us a mystery to follow around. There are no intergalactic immediate threats or a galaxy in disconnect like the previous games.

Still a bit concerned? Yes, but I believe at least the game looks nice enough in context.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
I mean sure the arm twist looks whack and Sarah missing completely there also looks goofy, but I gotta say that taking those things as examples for the game being a total disaster sounds like you haven't given the game a chance to begin with.

I'll wait until the game has actually released before I start talking about whether it's good or not.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Remember when they stole someone else's art and used it in ME3?
C6pOcxSWoAAFbLb.jpg

THEY DID IT AGAIN!!!
C6pOO8mWsAAAMAc.jpg:large

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
I mean seriously!! IT. NEVER. STOPS!!!!
C7AMiH8WkAEF4ur.jpg:large

Also just a small heads up, Mac Walters, the guy who wrote the almighty ending to Mass Effect 3 was promoted to Producer on Andromeda, take that as you will.

On top of that leaked reviews aren't looking too confident.

Though in a bit of good news, that racist prick was sacked from Bioware.

I'm looking forward to the game's release to see what other hilarious screw ups will show up.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Heard a lot of the negatives and seen the animation issues etc but vast majority still say that it does do a lot of things well too. No denying a AAA developer should be doing better especially after being delayed too but Bioware have never been great at animations. So I will wait for reviews and wont write it off just yet and will see what they remedy with patches and fixes before I decide if its worth it or not based on whole game rather than a handful of scenes in the 10 hour early preview.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Hmmm, the lead facial animator for Andromeda was a female cosplayer with little video game development experience and her demo reel opens up with "I hate men".

THERE IT IS!!!!!!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Dark Drakan
*gasp*
What's that? You don't judge a game based on its graphical fidelity? You crazy man, everybody knows that's the most important criteria!

Seriously, the big fuss over this game's bad animations is more laughable than the animations themselves.

Dark Drakan

Admin
BioWare cuts off GamerGate complaint about Mass Effect facial animations

After the witch hunt started against the supposed lead facial animator Allie Rose-Marie Leost Bioware have issued a statement about her actual lack of involvement with Mass Effect Andromeda.

There has been some confusion over whether Leost’s social media posts indicated that she was a lead, but given that she worked at EA Labs and not at the Andromeda team’s offices in Montreal, it’s clear that’s not the case.

e3c922a835.png

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Wow! Every single day Panderomeda continues to look more guilty of cancer pandering on top of looking just s**t, an unused, non hideous version of female Ryder was found in the game's files and modded back into the game.

EDIT: Correction, I just found out that the better model is actually the one used in the French version of the game.
It wasn't modded in, my mistake. Still it's strange that they get the good looking one while the hideous one is used in marketing, raising even more questions as to what Bioware is even doing.
C7NsFEpVoAASd5i.jpg

Anyone wanna place bets on what f**k up will happen next? Come on, you all know another one or 20 will happen.

Last edited:

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
They're moles? Most people have moles? They're not cancer pandering they're moles. Moles can sometimes indicate cancer but for the vast majority of people they're just there.
Both models have the moles. The moles aren't the problem.
The problem is the model on the right looks much better rendered and you know, not hideous, while the one on the left looks like a botox injection gone wrong.

As for when I mentioned cancer, I was referring to SJWs and feminists.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
As for when I mentioned cancer, I was referring to SJWs and feminists.
Still not entirely sure what you're on about but whatever.

Both models have the moles. The moles aren't the problem.
The problem is the model on the right looks much better rendered and you know, not hideous, while the one on the left looks like a botox injection gone wrong.
Eh I kinda liked the model on the left (though I'm definitely in the minority on that one). It's not the first time we've seen a big difference between a game's pre-release footage and the way it looks on release, but I'll agree that it's a bit weird how big the difference is.

Top Bottom