• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What kind of woman would you like to see in DMC5?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yes but some people need to realise and understand what topics are asking from us. Simply saying "Well DMC needs to be better at 'this', 'that' or 'the other' before it does 'this', 'that' or 'the other'" is not the point.

The point was (and it was a relevant point because it holds truth) what do we want the female character in DMC 5 to be like?

And I've got to agree that I think we have enough badass and damsel in distress types already.

Also a lot of people question Sparda's background. They want a game revolving around him and his story. Perhaps if there was some sort of flashback to a past event involving Sparda, we could briefly play as Eva. She'd fit perfectly as a female character different from the ones we have already.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
the kind where we don't need to play them, i wanna play dudes in DMC..

and lady in DMC3 should be left alone, the dmc3 lady kind of woman is dmc3 lady, no need to make another like her, unless ofc capcom felt the need to bring her the way she were on the upcoming DMC.. she'll always be a legend..

outoftheblue

@LordOfDarkness I thought we were talking about female characters in general, not ones who could bring something to the game from a gameplay perspective, at least that´s what I got from the original post.

As a playable element or otherwise, I would love to see Eva, but I don´t remember if it was ever stated what she was. I mean, we know she was human and from the picture and the memories Dante has from his birthday banter with Vergil, it seem she was a kind and fine lady. So what would she put out gameplay wise?

@absolitude Bringing a DMC3 Lady clon hasn´t been discussed as far as I´m aware of. When refering to Lady I think it was more about the work and care they put on the charcter than anything else. That´s the way I intended it.

Last edited:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
oww.. i wasn't aware of that, my bad.. so anyway my post will prevent anyone from discussing her likeness for a new character, NnNGGguaAAAAhahaHahaAAAhahaaaaaa~..

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Someone with a specific background (country of origin ,ethnic history, disability etc) and a specific fighting style (ie weapons/powers).

I wouldn't mind Dante having a female family member to interact with, whether it be the daughter of a friend, an older vindictive half sister or a relative with a disability( could be from either side).

I wouldnt mind someone like Vallory from Tales of the Borderlands, whose a middle age crime boss thats a total badass but acts like a mom raising a bunch of rowdy teenagers (the dynamic with her son Hugo is pretty funny).

Just having Lady/Dante being the only demon hunters, mercenaries, halfbreeds, etc is pretty stupid so Im cool with having more of those as long as there is variety.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I want a female character who isn't too shy to be feminine, but can still break a leg when she feels threatened.

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
To be honest, I currently don't have any idea about Dante's new side-kick but I personally would like to see a kind of woman who seeks nothing but power to destroy all humanity and claim herself as the Demon Queen. Yes, I'd like to see a woman as a main villain in DMC5! With Mundus has been sealed away by Dante and Argosax has been destroyed by Dante, I would love to see this very powerful female demon taking her chance to take over Mundus' and Argosax's throne to be the Demon Queen and a new ruler of the Demon World.

"I am Hekata! My plans aren’t failing, they’re thriving! And soon this frail shell of humanity will collapse! After that, you know what will be left of this world? Nothing! Hell will rise and Chaos will reign! And I, Hekata, will be the Demon Queen of the Human world and the Demon world!"

http://kyasarin-uchiha.deviantart.com/art/Demon-queen-Miyabi-Inkashya-373178705

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I want to see someone who can survive without being a fighter. It could be through high tech gadgets, using their smarts to manipulate others into fighting, or just being good at running away.

Though none of that has anything to do with gender so it doesn't have to be a woman per se.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Definitely more on the DMC3 Lady side.
A strong female character who doesn't fall into "MUH STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER".
She has both sex appeal and is an awesome character.

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
Few ideas
  1. If they wanna introduce angels in the classic series, they could have a character that's at-least half angel, and she's a demon slayers, and she's at odds with Dante because of his demonic heritage, when they really have the same goal
  2. Mundus had a daughter and she's the main antagonist
  3. The main villain be a demoness who was in love with Sparda, and she wants to kill Dante because he's living proof Sparda loved another woman, a human no less
Thats awesome. Your first point is spot on with what I had in mind. But 2 and 3 are also fantastic ideas. All could work well together in the same game.

Frazz

General gamer
A woman whose breasts don't jiggle every time she blinks. Also a woman that wears clothes that a woman would actually wear outside eg: no woman would ever wear DMC4's Lady outfit as a blazer with nothing under it makes no sense. Just make a female character that has flaws and is interesting whilst being a good fighter or even make a character like BioShock Infinite's Elizabeth that is fleshed out and isn't there just to be eye candy.

GabrielXx

I Want to see Lucia Brought back & i want Trish to have a much Bigger role & for her to be fleshed out more that's about it. if they are both playable i want Trish to have a lot more options when it comes to firearms, Playing as her in DMC4 just felt like she was made for a much better game. i loved how Lucia dodged out of the way it was almost like she was Dancing, she really reminded me of Vanessa from PN.03 & i freaking love that game.

i think DMC has enough Women right now, i again think DMC5 Should be much more straightforward & coherent, Focusing on the Area's that it needs to improve on & refining them before trowing a new wild card into the mix. i would love to see everyone come back Vergil ,Dante, Trish, Lady, Nero & Lucia. if they are all playable then Each of the 20 or so levels has to be designed with 6 Different pathways for Each of them in mind & having new and varied enemy types to best suit that character.

forgive me, but this kinda seems like we are trying to force in more women for the shake of it, that kinda mind set needs to stop. Capcom needs to better what is already there & making it the best it can be, i want Trish to be more Fleshed out then she is and i want to see more from Lady & Lucia. i can't say this enough improve upon whats there First, there is so much they can do with them & they are not getting the focus they deserve

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I want a pair of sisters who hunt demons together just to show D and V that not all families are disfunctional

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
My wishful choice:
Bayo-bayonetta-bust.jpg

Viper

Premium
lady's younger sister
An older sister that was disowned by the family before events of manga, thus never mentioned and not appearing on any photos, would have worked better with given canon.
However, a young girl in similar predicament as Lady, thus opening possibility for sisterly bond would still be close enough to your idea.

Top Bottom